You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Whispering Sweet Nothing

Real Ghost Stories

Whispering Sweet Nothing

 

During my experiences in the house, whispers and voices were a big part of the haunting. Hearing voices outside my bedroom door became a common thing each night I was there. Sometimes it sounded like there were two or three outside my door having a conversation and trying not to wake me up. I didn't feel any threatened from these spirits though they woke me up. Other times I would hear actual raised voices over the balcony right next to my room and to my living room. Those voices were angry and sometimes I think they were shouting at me because sometimes I heard my name.

The frustrating part of the whispers was that I couldn't understand anything they would say unless they mentioned my name. I was a little more patient with the gentle whispers outside my door. But, anything that was shouted at me or even the rare occasion that I would hear voices inside of my room, I would try so desperately to understand what they were saying. To this day, I still can't understand what they say.

There have only been rare occasions where I heard the voices inside my room. Each time that I would hear them in my room I would immediately turn on the lights and television so I could distract myself from the whispers. It always worked. Eventually the spirit would get bored and frustrated with me, and either move things or just leave. On those nights, I wouldn't get much sleep.

A few nights ago my cat was purring loudly and cuddling right up next to me, like she normally did. I had finished reading sections of my book, and I watched a little television, like I normally did. I turned my tall lamp off next to the right side of my bed. I sleep on the left side. My light bulb in my room burned out, like light bulbs tend to do, but my mom can't seem to get the cover off to change it. That's why I grabbed the tall lamp. I rolled over and I started to fall asleep. I heard Ashes talking to me. He climbed up on the right side of the bed and laid his big head on the pillow. He kept telling me that I was alright, and that he was here for me. He kept repeating it, and sometimes he licked my hand to reassure me. I thought it was strange, but it was comforting so I pushed any thought that something might be wrong out of my head and I closed my eyes again until I heard a noise.

I've always used my cat to help me locate where a spirit is if I'm too frightened to look. I read her expressions to see if the spirit is a threat or not, and usually it's not, and she'll turn her head to the side and lay it back down while she still purrs. This time, she went dead silent, and she swallowed when she looked. She even hopped off of my bed next to me and ran out of the room. Ashes scooted closer and I heard him growl a little bit, and he told me that I would be ok. I trusted him and I lay back down and closed my eyes.

A few minutes later I heard a whisper that was loud enough to wake me up. It was a man's voice, because it was like a talk-whisper. I still couldn't understand what he was saying but if I had concentrated, I think I could have made something out because he spoke clearly.

I sat there for a while, not moving and trying to shake it off. I closed my eyes again. I could feel my heart race when I heard footsteps creaking towards me on the left side of my bed where I was sleeping. Ashes was on my right, and each time I heard a step, his growls grew louder. I heard the whisper again, but this time it was right next to me and it was louder. He was so close to me that I could actually feel his hot breath on my neck and in my ear.

That's when I freaked out and I leaned over Ashes and turned on the lamp. I heard it click off again and it was dark by itself. I was so scared. I felt the spirit stroke my hair and my cheek before leaving. I'm not sure if the spirit was there to harm me or not. Ashes didn't like him at first, but when I turned on the light, he stopped growling, but was still a bit upset. When the light turned off again, Ashes shifted a little, but that was all.

I'm really confused. I would really like some feedback.

Other hauntings by OceanxGoddess135

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, OceanxGoddess135, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
I'm curious does your cat ever take notice of Ashes? I wish I had a guardian like him then maybe he could scare away my ghosts 😆 one is in the batheroom, another watches me sleep but is a good spirit and the other one in the kitchen is a little girl cause a while back I heard the sound of a little girl scream when I had my earphones on, was too lazy to put on music. Can I borrow Ashes 😆 just joking he's your spirit guide, Best of luck, Katherine
Demonkiller (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-10)
You might have a guardian angel I have about three don't be afraid they try to look after you. One of mine massage my shoulders when I'm stressed It helps.
Love Demon Killer
reneespring (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-08)
Please don't be offended, but maybe you need medication for mental problems. I take medication, so I am not trying to insult you. Hearing voices can sometimes be a symtom of mental illness. Why assume they are ghosts? ❤
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-27)
It seems that your feelings, intuitions about the entity that stroked you will be your best guide as to its motives.
Hope all turns out well for you.
Nice name--Oceanxgoddess...
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Just as an aside, those who know me know that if I am skeptical about a story, I simply do not comment, or I am so sarcastic that it is dripping off of every word. It is unmistakable.
I actually DID believe this story. I was merely trying to see what it was that I was reading wrong to make it so confusing to me.
But then, YOU have already made the assumption that I disbelieve it. Not everything is as it seems.
And just because someone questions does NOT make them an unbeliever, it makes them a SEEKER.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
No, forgive me if I was misunderstood.
In my first comment I posted a lot of questions that I did not understand.
In my second comment, I had gone through your past stories and found out who Ashes was and was trying to let you know this.
Please re-read my comments and see that.
I was CLARIFYING. The only question that I have not been able to answer through your past stories is the manner in which he communicates with you.

Please forgive me, as it looks as if I am to be the one in the spot light here, even though others have similar questions.
Perhaps I should have started out my second comment more like "I am sorry, I have now found the answers by going through the archives", but I did not. I started out, like Einstein did, in an "AH! Eureka!" tone, instead.
I was NOT trying to be hurtful, I was trying to let you know that I NOW understand after reading further.
MusicIsLife (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
What has happened here is completely true and beileveable (Yeah I know I didn't spell that right). I am good friends with Ocean and have experienced quite a few things at this house. I have had glimpses of Ashes and have even experienced my first ghost in her kitchen. I am prepared to back up Ocean's stories and give information as well. And her cat's name is Sally.
OceanxGoddess135 (3 stories) (6 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
I thank everyone who posted a comment on my story. I understand that you are skeptical WhiteBuffalo, but that doesn't mean much to me. I have seen Ashes, I have spoken with him. Ashes has proven to be there for me. You're only basing your hurtful accusations on blips of story that I realize I have left out details or misworded. I take in to consideration each comment before making my next decision.
This is to everyone. I have come to this sight lost, confused, and looking for answers. I have come here looking for advice, not condolances or criticism.
ASHES is my guardian spirit. ASHES is not a cat. ASHES is real, and I have seen him.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Ah, I think I got it.
Ashes is the Essence of a White Wolf who suffered the burning death. He BECAME Ashes at his death, where PREVIOUSLY he went by a different name.
Are you saying that Ashes is your Guardian Being, and that HE offered you the comfort that you needed, while sharing the living space of your cat, who still remains unnamed?
Thank you.
misfitsdoll (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Errrrrr little confused by the whole animal thing... You need to explain this more, do you have a female cat and a male dog?

Take care
Misftsdoll
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Hello OceanxGoddess135. I don't mean to sound rude or bossy but it would help matters greatly if you stepped forward and help clear up the confusion. If the confusion gets cleared, then maybe you can get the help you need.

FRAWIN 😊
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Sorry for the confusion but I think Ashes is a dog right? But you do have a cat? You said in your story "I heard Ashes talking to me". What does that mean? Then in the next paragraph you say "I've always used my cat to help me locate where a spirit is if I'm too frightened to look. I read her expressions to see if the spirit is a threat or not". Okay, this is understandable because animals can see and hear things that we cannot. Then you go on to say that she ran out of the room and then "Ashes" scotted closer and you heard him growl and he told you that you will be ok". Is this for real? Sorry but I just can't seem to grasp this story. It kind of jumps from one thing to another. Sorry Ocean and take care of yourself.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
I also think that thing was just trying to reassure you that you were going to be okay and you were safe. Sorry about two different comments, It could have been someone in your family or a family friend that had came to watch over you, they do say that animals can see what you can't and hear things that you can't. Please share some more stories if you have any. 😊
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
I think the OceanxGoddess was talking about a dog, because in part of the story OceanxGoddess said that it growled, So that's what I made of it. I mean I really don't know either if they were talking about a dog or the cat, but I liked the story.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
HI, real cool story. Yersterday I had my cat in the house with me. I went looking for to see where she was and I found her in th bathroom looking at the wall. She looked at me then wall me then wall. She did that like someone was there and was looking for me and when I came in she told it that I was here. But I found no one. Scary uh.
GIRLIE 😁
blackrabbit (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
I've had similar experiences in the first house I owned. I'd wake up suddenly becuase I heard someone whisper my name loudly and quickly. Sounds odd huh, a loud whisper? Lol. It happened a lot. Theres other stories involving that house I'll tell soon.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
There are too many questions about this story for me, that I can honestly not comment until they are all in. MOST of them have been in the other comments, but let me give you a few examples on why you may not be getting the responses that you felt you MIGHT get.
You name someone in the story that you did not introduce to us. WHO is Ashes?
"I heard Ashes talking to me. He climbed up on the right side of the bed and laid his big head on the pillow. He kept telling me that I was alright, and that he was here for me. He kept repeating it, and sometimes he licked my hand to reassure me..." Can you explain this? IF this was a cat, HOW did he TALK to you?
"I've always used my cat to help me locate where a spirit is if I'm too frightened to look. I read her expressions..." IF this is ASHES, uh, did you just say in the last paragraph that it was a MALE?
"This time, she went dead silent, and she swallowed when she looked. She even hopped off of my bed next to me and ran out of the room. Ashes scooted closer and I heard him growl a little bit, and he told me that I would be ok..." Uh, if she jumped off the bed and ran out of the room, IF ASHES is a cat... What about the change of sexes?
IF you are eluding to another posted story, I apologize for the confusion on my part. I have no recollection of reading the others, so I am only going by what is written on this page.
Until those answers are in...
Thank you.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Hi I have a cat too I agree with those who is ashes sound like a very protectfect someone who care about you whatever it is that is great but the other spirt I have no idea what it trying to do so pray and by the way I have a cat try proectect me.
tkkchang (4 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
I'm alittle confused... Who is Ashes? That isen't your cat is it? And for you to understand Ashes, is it a person? I'm just alittle confused, that's all. 😕
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
I'm confused too. Your reactions don't seem to match up to your spooky experiences. Either you are far too at ease with these visitors or you are making stuff up.

I'll assume the former. These visitors don't seem to mean you any harm so unless you truely wish to be rid of them I'd reccomend trying to contact them. They clearly wish to speak with you about something.

Now that been said, don't do anything you might regret. If you do choose to contact them then make sure you know what you're doing.

Your apparent ability to hear these ghosts, even if not clearly, is a sign that you are very open to the spirit world. A sixth sense if you will. Contacting them should not be difficult for you. Though keep in mind that it works both ways.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Hi OceanxGoddess135
I have had similar things happen to me, so I can relate to the heart racing, not being able to move, you definitely have a spirit looking after you along with you cat.

Surya
ailya (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Sounds like a nice spirit! Very interesting story, thanks for sharing. I'm sure your cat is, in a sense, some kind of guardian. 😉

Thanks for sharing, blessed be.
ThePhantom (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-17)
Sounds like the loud speaking spirrits are evill, and the ghost who touched you, is a good spirrit. You have a verry protective cat, by the way 😊
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-17)
OceanxGoddess135, that is a great story, and I think the spirit that you are dealing with is not going to harm you, well the one that stroked your cheek and your head, anyway loved the story,

With Care,

Princess123 x

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: