You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Strange Occurence

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Occurence

 

This is the second time I have had an experience like the one I am about to tell. Strange things seem to happen around or close to my birthday. Yesterday, August 4th was my birthday so it is no surprise to me that I had this experience this morning.

I awoke early this morning at around 6:30am and heard my husband gets up to get ready for work and to drop off my daughter for her ride to volleyball practice at school. Yes, school has not started officially but she attends private school and they require practice and conditioning at times when other kids are off for holidays and breaks and such.

I heard them leave the house as I tried to drift back to sleep. Now I am in that state that is still awake and aware and just about to fall into sleep when I hear some noise and I think, my husband has returned and wondering why.

I then feel a presence lay down beside me in my bed and I am aware of feeling paralyzed, I cannot move. All I can do is ask him, "what happened"? No response. Suddenly I don't feel anyone near me and I am able to move again.

As I mentioned before, this is the second time that I have felt someone holding me and a feeling of being unable to move. I searched the web looking for other people that have had this type of experience and have not found any. I wonder if it is a family member that has passed on.

If anyone out there can shed some light on this for me I'd love to hear from you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mindy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
"it seems weird that these events are tied to your birthday..."
- rstahley

That is a good point. However, it is possible that the fact that this experience has occurred on the same date (an important date no less) multiple times (how many times exactly?) has made it stand out for you, mindy when it is infact merely coincidence.

I'm curious, have you experienced this same occurrance or similar on any other day of the year? Is it possible that you may have but not connected it with the events on your birthday?

Even if you have not, the fact that the same thing happened on your birthday (without resorting to supernatural causes) is still within the realm of possibility. I myself as a child had tonsillitis two Christmas days in a row. Now I wonder what the odds of that are? 😁
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-13)
I don't know much about sleep paralysis, so perhaps the other posters are correct. However, it seems weird that these events are tied to your birthday. I wonder if it's a loved one wishing you a happy birthday... Although paralyzing you doesn't seem like a nice gift.
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-11)
"seems like some people can be jerks to other peoples comments..."
-savypickles

Savypickles, I'm going to assume that comment was directed at me and my "50-50 Spartan? Yeah right. 😉".

Calm down, mate. I specifically placed a 😉 after the comment to suggest harmless jest. Though I do believe 50-50 to be a grossly disproportionate. The vast majority of stories involving being paralysed in bed can be explained as sleep paralysis.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-11)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I believe that everyone who posted is on the right track. I too believe that thiswas sleep paralysis. It can be scary. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
MDK94 (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-10)
Let me start off by saying good story, it got right to the point without jumping straight into the topic. What I feel that some people may be missing is that this sleep paralysis may be casued by a spiritual energy and not some random occurence.
Best Wishes
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-10)
Dear Mindy,

What you have is without doubt a case of sleep paralysis. On the bright side at least it was not a demon or ghost 😊. However, if you truly believe you have a demon or ghost with you, I advise you wear a rosary before bed in order to protect you. That's all I can say aside from saying great story.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. I wish to read more of your experiences and I hope you write more about them. God bless you and take care. Deus vobiscum.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
savypickles (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-10)
seems like some people can be jerks to other peoples comments not nice at all be mature for goodness sake I say just look it up and there is other people who have had the same experiences

<3
Savy
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-10)
Your description of sleep paralysis is one of the most common ghost encounters out there and one of the easiest to explain in non-supernatural terms. (50-50 Spartan? Yeah right. 😉)

If you searched for similar encounters and didn't find any then I suggest you do a more thorough search. Try this site too, it has no shortage of sleep paralysis stories.
Spartan070 (12 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-09)
Frawin is right, sometimes people just have sleep paralysis when they think its ghost. But if it is, (50-50) they wanted to spend time with you (ghost time is very different than human time) and people are more sensitive to spirits when they are almost asleep but almost awake
Linkrules2008 (20 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
I think it is someone who has died that loved you that misses you. I hope that you find out who it is. Good Luck;)
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
Hello Mindy. It sounds like a mild case of sleep paralysis. Try doing a Google search on sleep paralysis. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: