You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: My Dead Cats

Real Ghost Stories

My Dead Cats

 

For a couple of weeks, I've been feeling my old black cat's presence. She has been dead over four years now. I got two more cats. Last night at exactly 3:34 am, I woke up because the lights were on in my house. I got scared so I prayed to God to put an angel at my bedroom door. I looked out the bedroom door and saw a cat. I first thought it was my kitten. I called to him, but he disappeared into thin air. I looked again and there was my dad's old cat. He has been dead for maybe 2 years. I got really scared at that time. I ran down stairs to where my mom was sleeping. I told her everything. She believed me because once she saw a ghost.

I once was playing upstairs with my kitten and he started to go crazy. I thought maybe he saw our old cats ghosts. So I am not afraid right now. I am glad!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

JarMan (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
There has always been stories of people's animals coming back to visit them. For people truly attached to their pets, this can be a comforting thought.

I guess what I am trying to understand is why you'd be upset the lights were on? I can't tell you how many times I've fell asleep with the lights on or left them on by accident. Living in a house with more then one person only means someone else could have left the lights on.

Your cat freaking out isn't that big of a deal. Just a second ago my cat dashed across the room and rolled under the couch. I don't account that for paranormal activity, cats are just weird.
molly116 (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
this is most likly not rare becuase I have a cat that has been dead for about, two years now, and now she is keeping me and my dog up becuase my dog makes so much noise
Satansgirl666 (14 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
This must be common because I have had the same thing happen to me. My family moved into an old house where an old lady with lots of cats had lived. They were really not hers but the children of her sole female cat.

The population had gotten out of control by accident. When she moved she could not take her only cat with her. So before we moved in neighbors came and shot most of the cats.

There was one cat that we found. We asked the neighbors to not kill the animal. We took care of her and she became very attached to us.

A couple months later the old owner paid us a visit. She brought her grandkids and we discovered that our cat was her old one. I had not told anyone but up into then, everynight I had heard sounds in the kitchen.

The kitchen was right next to my room and I could see cat-shaped shadows on the walls. It seemed as though they were looking for somthing. They rustled trough things and made a racket.

I got up to see what was going on, but there was no sign of anything wrong. I went back to bed and it started again. This happened two more times. Then I got up, went into the kitchen and said; "Can you please stop waking me up?"

The shadows and sounds stoped and never came back. To this day though sometimes I can still feel the presence of the cats. I walk around outside a lot and I can feel them following me around. I think in adopting Fluffy, (The old owner's cat) I also adopted them.

I will end up submiting this as a story, but right now the page is closed and I really wanted to share my similar experience.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-14)
I believe that that kitten was there as a guardian angel, to watch over you. This is was a good story. 😊
jessy (6 stories) (35 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-04)
You should read my story, "my cats ghost" My dead cat comes and visits me every once in a while too. Well, I think it is her anyway. Usually when I am having a rough time, I can feel her presence. Its a nice feeling. :)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: