You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Country Horrors

Real Ghost Stories

Country Horrors

 

I was fifteen when this occurred. It was in an old farm house in Burford Ontario. I went to visit my friend and his family for a week in the summer of 2001, they had recently bought a farm house that needed some work. The house had some disturbing history, the previous owner had hung himself in the basement of the house some six years ago. When I say basement, it's more like a cellar. It has no entry from the inside the house, only from the outside, right beside the main entry to the house. The house had also suffered a fire before this owner, which he never fixed. The house was split into two sections to get to the other section, aka what he called the burnt rooms, you had to go down a long hallway upstairs, which had three rooms in it. One was my friend's room, the other a bathroom and the third the burnt room. At the end of the hallway was a door which led to the second part of the house. I only went in the second part of the house once, but it was destroyed.

My friends parents where currently trying to fix it up, but there was still a lot of fire damage. As the week went on, they told me the stories of some of the past: two families had shared the house, when one night, the second portion caught fire and killed a husband, his wife and their son. Now in the burnt room in the hallway, when my friends parents cleaned it out, they tore out a wall and behind the the wall, they found a can of arsenic with a kitchen spoon in it. Well, when I stayed there I had the pleasure of hearing what I thought to be b-s stories, bangings, voices and odd feelings.

One night, we were in my friends room getting ready to go to bed, listening to music fairly loud, but we were so far away from everyone else it didn't matter. We heard a very loud and abrupt knock on the door. We turned down the music, opened the bedroom door, no one there, we figured it was my friends brother messing with us. Then it happened again, we looked, no one. I decided to stand by the door and when his brother knocked, I would open the door right away. So, sure enough, they knocked I opened, no one there, so I looked in the hall way and the door to the burnt section was wide open. Me and my friend ran downstairs and everyone was in the living room and my friends dad told us to stop goofing off and running around, but we weren't.

We went back up to his room with his brother, played the music and the knock started again, this time, we just turned down the music and you could hear someone running and giggling and slam the door at the end of the hallway to the burnt rooms.

And not be out done my friend, his brother and I all slept in that room the next night and heard someone in the burnt room shuffling around for about 20 minutes. The most terrifying experience of my life.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

GhostHousing (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-26)
Kisho, also keep in mind that there was a child who had died in the fire. It was the husband, the wife, the son, and the man who hung himself.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-07)
Wow. I would have... Well I don't know what I would do. If I was alone I would most likly cry.
GIRLIE 😨 *hAVE a nICE hAUNT*
Kisho (2 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
Sounds like a child ghost, who wanted to play, based on the fact that most of the haunting seemed to involve knocking on doors and then "hiding"

Especially the fact that you heard it giggle and run down the hallway makes me believe this to be true.

If you get the chance, you should look up the history of the house, find out if any children had died there, if not just the guy who hung himself.
Judith Camille (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-07)
Well the name burn rooms sounds sooo erie! But I LOVE stuff like that so I probably woulda went in there while the shffling was going on also!! Weird stuff!
socketboy (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-07)
Thats awesome!!! I would have went in the burnt section while the shuffling was going on and see what would have transpired. Thats some good stuff right there.
Ashley Marie (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-05)
YIKES! I would have been completely scared and would have ran outta that place! lol. I would have slept with my friend's parents, I wouldn't even care.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: