You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Friends House

Real Ghost Stories

My Friends House

 

As half of you know I am a curious teenager, which likes to study mysteries and etc. Well I am mostly looking for the paranormal everywhere I go, this time it looked for me when I least expected it.

It was a month ago when I stayed at my friend Kayla's. We were up watching TV that night, earlier my mom came over to wash cloths and left a load for me to do. As usual I wait until my friend falls asleep on the living room floor; witch was like 1:20 am in the morning. I watched her make funny faces in her sleep until it got boring, so I got up and turned on the kitchen light. The kitchen is right next to the laundry room and by the garage door.

So as usual I go and open the laundry door, when I opened it I got a feeling of someone watching me, and trust me when I feel someone watching me that means someone is watching me. I turn around thinking it was Kayla, so I jump around the corner yelling "Ha I found you" but the room was empty except the sleeping friend, I even pinched her to make sure she was sleeping.

I felt odd and went back into the laundry room. I put the wet clothes in the dryer and forgot the fabric softener, so I went into the kitchen to get some new ones. The light started to flicker thinking it was Kayla I jumped around the corner to find no one by the switch.

Looking around I flipped the switch off and turned it back on. Turning for the laundry room the lights flickered again, I sighed and ignored it. What ever was making the lights flick didn't like to be ignored and turned the lights off, making the whole house dark. Making myself feel better I yelled out "stop it, that isn't funny" making another sigh I turned on the dryer and turned off the already off lights. I lay down on the couch, making one more attempt to pinch my friend to make sure it wasn't her. She rolled over and groaned.

Just five minutes later I felt the feeling of eyes on me, looking around I saw no one. I hid my head under my blanket and hoped it would go away. (Just for the recorded it takes something real disturbing to make a 14 year old hide her head under the blankets). I poked my head out looking around once more. I looked at the Jesus lamps and THEY WERE FLICKERING. So I jumped on the floor, even scared of the eyes watching me I franticly stayed at my friend's side until the eyes left my body. I stayed up until 6 in the morning until those piercing eyes left me.

The next night my friend was in the bathroom brushing her teeth. I was in the living room watching Americas Funniest Home Videos. She came out of the bathroom and screamed, making me drop the popcorn I yelled also. I yelled and laughed "what's the matter". She ran to the couch and franticly said she saw a black figure outside the bathroom door. I nodded my head and she yelled at me for not believing her, witch I did, I am a girl who isn't good at showing it. I told her "

Its alright, I believe you, its just shocking that you just figured out that something was in your house" what I really thought was it was the ghost that fallows me, which was a girl named Samantha. She relaxed an hour later and we enjoyed the last of our show.

Does anyone think that the flickering could have been paranormal activity or was it an electrical problem? And if the figure my friend saw a ghost that haunts her home or was it my spirit? Please help out my friend and I, she would like to know.

Other hauntings by Katona1700s

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Katona1700s, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-06)
Katona,
Great story.
We haven't talked in forever!
I miss you!
Hope to talk to you soon! 😊 ❤ ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-23)
Tonith makes a good point. If the lights are flickering, but the washer and the dryer are working, that would point to a disturbance in the electrical current, provided all of the light bulbs were checked and were found healthy. If there had been a disruption in the dryers cycle as well, that would point to a purely misfiring of the electrical system, requiring the use of an electrician in the home.
Thank you.
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Thanks for reading my story, but there actually wasn't any electrical probs. But I do think that I may be sensitive to things. Well I hope to hear from you soon.

Katona1700s ❤
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
If the washer and dryer were working but the lights were flickering I would have to say its an electrical problem due to whatever. The feeling of being watched can also be due to high electromagnetic fields in a house with expose wiring or something electrical not grounded properly. Not saying this is the case for you but it does hold water on a scientific basis. I have heard of ceiling fans missing a speed and they just hum which can make someone in the room feel very uncomfortable like being watched or even feeling nauseous. Just saying until all other avenues are explored it's not good to assume it's supernatural.
myst3ri0usn0is3 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Hi again Katona,
I think you're just more sensitive than the people around you. I hope you don't let their comments get you down, you sound like a very special person and it seems like you have a lot going for you. Be strong and be proud of your abilities. God bless. 😁
Kirby (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
How do you turn off lights that are already off? Anyways, that sounds very interesting. Thanks for sharing, but there really is no solution to give.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Wow this was a very scary experience. I believe that many things can be explained but when you said that you allways knew when someone was watching you I got a different feeling. I have that talent to and I always know when somebody is watching so I know that there was something in your home. The question now is who it was? I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Dear Jmak,

Nothing paranormal seems to happen to her without me around, odd things happen with me around anyone. Maybe I am haunted, could be true, or just a wish. Lol.

Katona1700s ❤
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
I have seen shadows in her house and not the normal ones either. She believes in what I say (that her house could be haunted) but she says I freak her out with that stuff. So sadly 😢 I am the only one out of my whole family and friends that is relaxed with the paranormal. But anyway, yes there has been more than just what this story held.

Katona1700s ❤
DaveH300 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
The lights could be anything from faulty wiring, to a car accident miles away, or a lightning storm.

What leads me to say it was paranormal activity, was the face she saw a black mass.

The only way I can see that being debunked is if she were looking directly into a light, then looked away. That causes a change in the eyes...

I am 14 Years old too, and I understand the curiosity. But I have learned that there are many was to explain one thing. But when you have an experience that can not be explain its easy to classify PARANORMAL.
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
If I stay up past midnight, I make it a point not to pay attention to every little noise or anything "paranormal" in nature that might happen to me. I think the human body isn't meant to stay up so late (it wants to sleep) and your mind starts to hallucinate. That might explain the flickering lights, but it doesn't explain the black figure outside the door.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Katona,
I am a little confused so was this your house or your friends? Was this the first time that your friend ever saw anything?
I have said this a million times I always start by looking up the history of the land or the house if it is an old house.
The answer to your hauntings may lay there.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
That is spooky to be watch by something and I know that feeling about being watch it drive me nutsssss You know me the one I love metallica:) and yeah I get this feeling being watch it bother me alots... It like cold and kind of itching me "chilly" add me on my yahoo girl.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Hi I'm new to this website, I have to say that is a chilling story, I haved lived in a house like that when I was a little girl. So yeah it could possibly be haunted, does your friend's parents know about any of the history about the house? If so, maybe if ya'll talk to them about it they would be able to tell you something. After all ya'll are 14 and after what ya'll have experienced you should know. Sorry so long of a comment, but if it continues I would do the same that Jmac told you to do tell it to leave in Jesus's name. 😊
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Hi Katona,
Has your friend seen the shadow since that night and if so was it while you were visiting or not? Has she ever experienced anything paranormal in nature without you being with her? If she has then her house could be haunted or it could just be some sort of residual energy. I read how scared you were do you think the feeling of being watched was causing the fear or did it feel like it was being projected at you from the whatever it was that was looking at you? If you or your friend haven't experienced any overt hostility then I wouldn't be to afraid. If either of you is still nervous or frightned of the spirit then tell it to leave in Jesus Christ's name. I hope I've helped and God bless you both. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: