You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Thank You Grandma

Real Ghost Stories

Thank You Grandma

 

I never met my dad's mom, because she died before I was born. She had cancer, and while she had her treatment done my mom would go and visit her. My mom said that my grandma got so worked up to see me and she was so excited to see her son's baby. But one fateful night she died. She may never have seen me during life but she did promise herself that she would see me.

When my parents were together about thirteen years ago they wanted to buy a house. Being new parents themselves they wanted a cheap but decent house. But they didn't know they would be getting a haunted house. Every person who lived there saw dead relatives and friends. Well, one evening my dad thought it was hot so he went into the closet and tried to open the window. It didn't budge. He gave up.

So, during one night my mom was sleeping and woke to her name being called. Sure enough it was my grandma. But she spoke fast but spoke with wisdom.

"Hannah's foot is caught in the crib".

When my mom went into the bedroom my foot was caught.

The next week she made another appearance. This time she said "Hurry your curling-iron is on". My mom hurried into the bathroom. But the electronic device was slipping, almost into the toilet. My mom grabbed it just in time.

My mom was scared of the house so they moved out. Right when my mom left, the closet she heard a creaky noise. She turned around and the window that could never be opened, opened. My mom flew out of that house and is still scared of it until this very day.

Thanks to my Grandma I wouldn't be her.

Special thanks to her.

Other hauntings by Katona1700s

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Katona1700s, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
Wow I haven't read any of these comments in a long time. I'm sorry that I haven't written back.
shadow_witch (65 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-10)
where is that place at it seemes that I would like live there by the way good story 😁
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Greetings and salutations,

Hello Katona1700s, your story is awe inspiring and also creepy (in your mom's experiences). It is good to know people live on after death, it is a very comforting thing to hear these type of stories for the people who lost a loved one. Thank you for helping to comfort others in times of need.

I hope none of the malevolent ghosts followed you, I wish to hear more stories and I encourage you to post more stories and incidents if anymore occur, if you don't mind. God bless, take care and deus vobiscum.

Sincerely,

Francois
Rebelboy1987 (9 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
That is very special. I've never heard of a house with a portal to dead relatives and friends before. That is pretty awesome. I don't guess you were ever old enough to witness any of this?

Trent
kaitlan (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
this is a really good story.
You can obviously tell your grandma was looking out for you and your whole family. 😊
-Kaitlan-
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
That was a beautiful story. I think that your grandma was trying to be helpful since she knew when bad things were happening. 😊 You were very lucky to have her. Too bad you guys moved out, though. 😢

Great story! 😁
bigpatti87 (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
I like that story although it is sad... I guess you really get to appreciate the little things after reading some stories thank you.

God Bless,
BigPatti 😉
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Wow what a beautiful story. Katona feel free to believe you were visted by a very special person who loves you more then you can imagine. That is truly a very special feeling. I believe your mother was scared because she never delt with this thing. And honestly I don't blame her. Maybe this house has a portal open for people who want to visit. And family always wants to have an eye on us. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
Thank you for your comment Tonith. It is too bad my mom didn't realize my grandma wasn't there to scare her only to help her, but I do understand that something that pops up like that would be scary.

I will be writing a new story soon. It happened a year ago, so there will be a lot of details. 😁
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-21)
It's too bad your mom was afraid of what was happening. I just think your grandmother was protecting her family. It's not always welcomed by the living but that didn't seem to stop grandmother when she was needed. I hope sites like this and shows on tv that are being done today about the paranormal educate people about what they are experiencing. Most hauntings can be dealt with. After all the ghosts are still human spirits and alive just in another dimension. Apparently some are more than able to traverse back and forth when deemed necessary. They say when we are in spirit form our thoughts become instant reality. So you can think yourself into being some place and you are instantly there. This would make sense being that all thought preludes action but in the space and time continuum it takes time for that to happen. In spirit form without a body it happens with lightening speed because there is no time or space.
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-21)
Thank your very much rhodes68. I'm very sure that my grandma is still with me. I always have a weird but loving feeling whenever I am alone.

Thank you for reading my story.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-21)
Hi Katona and thank you for sharing a beautiful story with us.

It serves to remind us that life and death are two closely related realities. It's like there's this door that opens both ways and one can cross back and forth to pay their visit.

Beautiful!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: