You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: What's Lurking in the Dark?

Real Ghost Stories

What's Lurking in the Dark?

 

Like my other story this incident happened up in Pentwater Michigan. This also happened last year (2007).

One night my G-mama (grandma) and my mom felt like a drink. So, they left me home with 3 little annoying but cute kids. Nash who is 5 (Nash can see ghosts), Nate who is 4 (he is thought to see ghosts but can't talk because he refuses), Christian who is 6-he is my little brother, and Shelby, a black lab. Like I was saying, both women left me home to watch the kids, also my grandpa was on cop duty so we were the only ones home.

Later that night it was about 10:00pm. The little kids were starting to get tired so I sent them to bed. About an hour later I fell asleep, knowing they would be all right.

About 12:13pm I woke to children running through the second living room. I thought that it was the kids, because they normally wake up around this time because they are thirsty. I thought that if they are really thirsty they would get some and go to bed. So I just shrugged it off, but once I started to fall asleep I heard those kids running through the hallway again.

I got up frustratingly and went into the room the three were staying in. All were sleeping, I even pinched my brother really hard to make sure he was sleeping he woke up sleepily and yelled at me. I know if they aren't sleeping for real because they laugh or giggle. Still convinced that it has to be them or someone, I kept my bedroom door open to watch if I'll catch anyone running. Since the bedrooms all face the living room I will be able to see the culprit that runs around.

Suddenly I heard the noise of the little feet running again. Looking out my doorway happily no one was there. I thought about it for a little longer, getting closer to being scared than excited. Suddenly I heard heavy boots in the bathroom that connects to my bedroom and the living room.

Now I knew it wasn't the kids because who ever was wearing boots like that had to be at least over 100 pounds and the kids certainly aren't that heavy yet. The toilet started to flush by itself. Getting up fast, I ran into the bathroom but no one was there. With Shelby by my side, I had a little courage to lock the bathroom to make sure no one will be able to get in unless they use my bathroom door. There was no possible way someone can flush the toilet now but as I got under the covers the flushing came again. Finally I was scared.

Shelby my "courageous" dog now left whimpering and leaving me. She ran into the living room but ran and jumped on the bed next to me. She was staring at something in the doorway. I was about to start screaming for all of this to stop but before I could even open my mouth everything stopped, the flushing of the toilet, the sound of kids running through the living room, and the heavy boots.

I later fell asleep with the TV on. I soon woke to my mom's voice. I tried finding the words to explain what happened earlier but I decided that I would tell her in the morning.

It may sound ridiculous but I had a dream later in the morning. I was being chased by an Indian that had red eyes. Whenever I looked down there were bodies of a few children and a body of an old soldier. The red eyed man wouldn't stop chasing me.

"Wake up-it's time to go to town Hannah". It was my little cousins trying to wake me up. I tell my G-mama about the dream. She said that there are a lot of Indian Burial grounds in the backyard and there were deaths on the property.

It was a freaky situation. Does the dream connect with the incidents that happened that night? The children and the soldiers have a connection between the heavy boots in the bathroom, or do the dead children deal with the running ghosts in the living room?

Can anyone give me helpful suggestions? I need some someone to tell me that the dream means something or if it was just coincidence. My dad thinks I'm crazy or thinks I'm making this story up.

Does anyone really believe me? I feel alone.

Other hauntings by Katona1700s

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Katona1700s, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dario (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
I totally believe you, and I had a similar situation like you when I was little. Is there still paranormal activity?

Dario 😲
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-22)
well, I haven't been up North for a while but I was dipressed because my mom and the people at my grandmas where very mean to me. I always went to the barn and the only friends I made was to the animals and I tried with the spirits that fallowed me. I am very sure that I didn't create a poltergist.

Katona1700s ❤
Gun_Gun_Trio (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-22)
Well, sounds like it might be a poltergeist. You're about the right age for all that to start happening. Does anyone else hear or notice anything, and has anything else happened since?
And yeah, I told you my computer sucks. But hey, I was finally able to get everything situated and here I am. Not bad for an old man huh 😉
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Katona...
You should go into the chatroom now.
I am bored.
And alone.
😁
So please come because I want to talk to people!
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Francois meet me in the chat room pleas. Sorry I didn't responed. I was watch TV and eating grapes. Pleas go back and talk
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Francois, Sorry that I didn't respond in the chat room can you please go back so we can talk. And I need to know about your emai.
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Francois I just got on Please meet my at the chat room now. Sorry that I was watching tv. Please meet me now it just turned 10pm
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Greetings,

Hello Katona, your story sounds pretty creepy, especially about the indian burial ground part. Have you done more research about your house's history? You will probably find the answer to your property.

From what I have heard of before, it is best that you respect the burial ground due to it being a First nations (Canadian term for native americans) holy ground. Aside from that a simple prayer could help you overcome your fears.

Thank you for sharing your story, I can't wait to read more. God bless, deus vobiscum and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
Mehzera (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Uhh. Hearing stuff and not seeing it is quite disturbing, atleast when it's in your own house.
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Please go to the chatroom, anyone. 😊 I am very bored, so yeah. Get on if you can! ❤ ❤
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Whoa! Cool story. Very well written too! I agree with ChrisB that the part where you heard children running but you didn't find them was definitely creepy! Keep us updated!

Biemaster
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Velvet. There still is activity there. I haven't been up there but I know there still a lot of different hauntings in that house. Hope you read my other storys, not as exciting though. 😁 ❤ 😉
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Wow very interesting story. When the children were running aroun and you didn't find them that was creepy. I realy enjoyed reading your story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
trau (4 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
I believe you - why would you make something up to scare yourself? My aunt lives on grounds where slaves were kept and she actually had a confrontation with the spirit. My best advice is to do research like Mr Burnz says. Good luck! Great story!
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-15)
I totally believe you, and I had a similar situation like you when I was little. Is there still paranormal activity?
mintandhazelnut (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
I believe you, freaky stuff does happen. I doubt your crazy, and the connection between the Indian, the burial grounds, soldier and children makes it all very interesting, but beyond that I can't be of much help.

Sorry.
Jess
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
I don't think my G-mama had the house built too long ago I am really not shure. I do believe the house was there a good 60 years or even more, she never really talked about the house only about the property. But she did say that every night she would come outside and contact the ghosts of hundreds.
bigpatti87 (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Well I wouldn't say that you are lying or that you are alone on this one... Sure there could be coincidences between these events and maybe your imagination could of clouded your vision but in my opinion, I think there could be something there... Being in the Marines myself I know we wear boots (which is quite obvious) and so why wouldn't this soldier that was in your dream be wearing boots and making that noice... Think of it this way to, a lot of entities want to make their presence felt and if this soldier knew that you were sensitive to that stuff then maybe he wants help or just to know that someone knows he is there... Who knows the specifics but it is something you can consider... Hope to hear from you again and other experiences of yours... Great story.

God Bless,
BigPatti 😉
Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Well, I quite frankly believe you. The connection with the Indian and the burial grounds, the soldier, and the children. I believe it all. Spirits and other things, each have their ways of making themselves known to you. The children and the soldier made it obvious that they were still around by physically making noises and trampling around the house. Maybe they were killed in the house by the Indian? Or some of his warriors? Who knows? Do some research on the house and it's history or the property itself, and maybe you'll find some answers! 😉 GREAT story... Keep us posted and God Bless.

Burnzy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: