You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Friendly Grandpa's Neighbor

Real Ghost Stories

My Friendly Grandpa's Neighbor

 

This is a true story believe me or not... I would never take my grandfather's name out as a joke. My grandfather was about 40-50 years old when he died. Me personally, I never met or spoke to him before. He had dead I think before I was born, not really sure though. I heard this story from my older cousin; he has met my grandpa and grew up around him. He had told me that my grandfather was a great man, always a friendly person... And because of it he got sick.

My grandpa was a businessman; he spoke many languages and traveled a lot. Our family in Vietnam is from the country but because of my grandpa he would go to the cities very often. Every time he was gone, he would be gone for days, even weeks. Well, one day he had come home from the city, he was walking pass this little bridge, kind of like a couple of feet, that's how big the bridge was, not that big.

He was walking passed it when he saw a young girl, he had said her to her, "You shouldn't be out here so early. It's dangerous." She had nodded her head and promised she would go home. The next day he had went out of business and came home really late. He saw her again jump roping all by her. He came up to her and said, "It's late honey, go home. Didn't I tell you this already!" He went inside and my grandma woke up and asked why he came home so late. He explained himself and said to my grandma, "Honey, you know that neighborhood girl is such a bad kid. The other day I saw her outside early in the morning sitting by the bridge, and tonight when I was coming inside she was jump roping in the middle of the night. We should really talk to her parents."

My grandmother looked at him in shock, the calmly she had said to him, "Honey... When you gone for the week on your business trip in the city that little girl next door died from a fever. That's why I went to the funeral today when you were at work."

My grandpa could not believe what he had heard. If she died who in the world was he talking to the last couple of days then?

The next day my grandpa got really sick with a fever and could not leave his bed. But from what my cousin had said... When you see a ghost and speak to them and then realize what you had seen, you will become very ill later. That's one of the bad things ghosts give you when you see them.

Now does that scare you or what! It scared me...

Comment to me and tell me how you feel, because honestly, I really want to hear what everyone has to say.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EmThu90, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Silly123 (19 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
From the old asian beliefs, when you are around entity such as ghost, they do drain your life source making you sick. I believe that if you get soooooo scare, your body just shutdown and you get sick. This usually happen to believers...
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
Getting a fever after having seen a ghost is an "Old Wives Tale", or superstition. It could have been coincidence. Maybe what killed the girl your grandfather survived. 😐 ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-23)
Oh, what a horrible thing for someone to try to have you believe. That is SO untrue, EmThu90. Not really going for the humor factor, but knowing it will sound like it, I see dead people. I do not think I am life impaired. I DO think my life is more RICH for it. It has CAUSED me to look beyond what appears to be reality and look into things of a variety of subjects. It enriches you. If you allow it.
You can not "catch" something from a ghost. Virus do not survive on their existence, and neither does bacteria. To tell you the truth, it would be WONDERFUL if they DID, as science would have something more to look into.
I HAVE heard of people having heart attacks, and even strokes, but NEVER catching a fever from a ghost.
Thank you.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Thank you for sharing your story with us. I got to admit it is freaky, I am sorry about your grandpa though. Thanks for sharing your story. 😊
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I agree with Tonith and Frawin that if you see a spirit you won't die. But there is a chance that some people who see a spirit take it in a different way. People may be in a lot of stress and this makes there bodies more volnerable to get sick. This explanation maybe lame but that's what I think 😆.I hope to hear from you soon and take care
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
I agree with Tonith, if we got sick or died every time we saw something - if I wasn't dead I would be severely disabled. I really enjoyed your story and I thank you for sharing it with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
I don't think seeing a spirit means you are going to die. Talking to a spirit doesn't mean you are going to die. That sounds like superstition to me. I'm sure it's a shock to the system to encounter something like this but I don't think people die over it. Could be he just died of the same kind of illness the girl had. That said I'm sure there are people that died after such an encounter because they were meant to. It was their time and maybe the spirit was sent to comfort them in their transition. WE Don't Die. Only our bodies do. Obviously if that was the norm to die upon seeing a ghost and knowing it was a ghost, no one would be posting in here because they would all be dead.
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
I agree with you, the same thing happened to my Aunt Alicia (see Aunt Alicia's Couch Buddy). She saw an entity sit down on the couch beside her and after that she became very ill.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: