You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: And Here We Go Again

Real Ghost Stories

And Here We Go Again

 

It has been a while since the last time my family had had any ghostly things going on. Don't get me wrong we would have little things happen. Mostly just little things like, items would get moved that none of us had done it or odd things would show up in family pictures.

My oldest sister got out of high school and moved out. Not long after that we moved in to a rental house because we were going to build a new house. Now this rental house was just fun. I say this because our land lady had lived in the house as a new bride with her first husband who was in the army during WWII and he had died there over in Italy only his body was sent home or so they thought. He had built this house for the family he had planned to have but didn't, because of this his young wife didn't want to live in the house with the bad memories so it became a rental house for her and she used it as a way to take care of herself after her last husband had passed away.

So here we are living in this rental house not knowing what's there with us. Now come to find out there was at least two sprits in the house. One was good and we really didn't mind him, the other well it was kind of like a black cloud that would move over you and scare the crap out of you when it did. It always left me feel cold and scared that something was going to hurt me and it made everyone else feel pretty much the same way.

If you notice I used the word it with the second one I do this because I don't think it was ever a living person or thing; it didn't feel that way, it felt old and evil and to top it off it never took human form. It was always kind of like a black mist or cloud like form. This leads me to believe one of two things it was never alive or it is so old that it has forgotten it past self or form.

About the other sprit, I am pretty sure was our land lady's first husband because we never saw him, we only heard him and he liked to march threw the house like he was doing drills at boot camp or the likes.

For the first 2 weeks of living in the house I wouldn't stay there, I stayed with my granny. Looking back I understand more why I was scared of the house. I was still getting used to everything that went with my family so this was still fairly new to me.

While I was staying with my granny my mom was dealing with the first of the two sprits. It came to visit while she was sleeping the first night there. She said it was like a black cloud hanging over her watching her sleep. She looked at it and told it I am not scared of you go away and it did amazingly enough. It did and didn't bother her again. Now two months later everything was quite in the house, oddly enough.

I and my sister were sleeping in our room. We had bunk beds and she slept on top bunk. She rolled over and was kind of in the asleep but not awake state. She thought she heard my dad walk into the room then leave again. She opened her eyes and was going to say something when she noticed there wasn't anything there.

She listened again and she thought she heard what ever it was walking down the hall. Needless to say this scared her but she blew it off until she asked my dad about it the next morning because she was sure it was him because my dad kind of had a heavy walk. He told her no that he hadn't been up at all he had been asleep. Well the whole time we lived in the house we were scared by the first quit often. The second not so much because he never really bothered us he just walked around mostly.

Well that's all for now I plan on writing more later on. Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by texas_gurl_vip

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, texas_gurl_vip, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Wow this was an interesting story. I realy enjoyed reading it. I as Kimosouth would have loved to see the pictures. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
Hi texas_gurl_vip and thanks for sharing your story with us!

I agree with Brownie09 that her husband might have been checking for his wife but found you all there. Too bad your pictures went but if you get any more interesting pictures, please do post them here. I would love to see them! Thanks and I'm looking forward to hearing more from you again!

Biemaster
texas_gurl_vip (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Sadly a lot of the pictures I had was on my mom's computer which hard drive crashed over a year ago 😭. But am always taking new pictures and I've learned to back them up lol. But I learned that it is possible that the bad spirit was kind of like a hicker that came over with the husband ghost. I don't know for sure all I know is am glad I don't live there anymore
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Well, you mentioned that the woman's first husband had the house built for the family he planned on having, but didn't maybe he had wanted a family so bad that he went to the house to see you the lady was doing and if she was happy, and noticed ya'll were living there. Maybe the other thing, might have been attached to the land? 😕 But whatever that thing is, it doesn't sound nice at all. If you have some pictures will you please post them, we would like to see them. Thanks for sharing your story. 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
I would love to see the pictures you make mention of with odd things in them.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: