You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Peculiar Noises

Real Ghost Stories

Peculiar Noises

 

I just want to ask if some others encounter the same strange things like I was having last night.

I go to sleep, and suddenly near my window I heard a very powerful noise I can't describe exactly, but was like the sound that a helicopter makes. I say "seems" because the sound in my opinion could not be made with any 'earth' objects. I'm not joking, I mean it was different and powerful.

The sound lasts about ten seconds, and then I started to become scared, followed by a 10-15 second pause, and then again the sound I was hearing, repeated three times. I couldn't get of the bed because I was frozen. I was very curious to listen and understand where that sound came from. I looked at my cell phone and the time was 3:28.

Now, more strange things. I get off the bed and immediately the sound starts again but this time it was very weird. At the end of that noise, I heard a morphing voice (like a voice morphing from a man voice to a women voice like a pitched one), like a screaming but not as powerful as the first noise. That finally ended when I turned on the light in my room.

I looked out the window...nothing...nothing in my yard, and I have a little yard. I went back to bed and I looked at my cell phone: 4:20. This was really freaking me out, how can this be possible? I was off the bed only for maximum ten minutes watching the window. I really need to solve this.

So, after five minutes I heard a dog on the street barking very peculiarly, six times every time, pause and then again barking six times. Again, the strange thing is because on my street are many dogs, but they not started to bark like this one. Only one dog on the street near my yard door started to howl.

Well, that's it. Maybe somebody give me an idea about all of these. Thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Blue_Leprechaun, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
I would have to agree with the brainlessbandit, this sounds a whole lot like sleep paralysis. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I as otheres think that this can be explained in a logical way. But its hard to explain what it was. I think you should check this thing for the next month and see if you come to any conclusions. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Ph240Z (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
Consider this, it may be part of the problem.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk

Can also be associated with a "frozen in fear" episode.

Or ghosts, I'm not ruling that out.
Blue_Leprechaun (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
no...till now I haven't any problems with my sleep
Yes...but the sounds start and stop for 3-4 times... I just ask my neightbor if he heared something strange, and he said to me that he not... And he slept also with window open
brainlessbandit (2 stories) (27 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
This is probably an effect of sleep paralysis. When you enter REM sleep (when you dream), the brain paralyzes your limbs to prevent you from acting out your dreams. When you wake up abruptly during REM sleep, your body may still paralyzed. In addition, waking up during REM sleep can also bring forth hallucinations, which could explain the voices you heard.

Do you suffer from any sleep disorders like narcolepsy or insomnia?
Blue_Leprechaun (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
thank you for your feedbacks.
The only problem last night was a strange feeling of fear... And as a result of this I couldn't sleep
I must read about this "sleep paralysis" I never heared of that, but I tell you, I actualy get off the bed and look the window, that was no sleep:)
Emma2008 you are right, you describe similar to what I heared
Maybe if we know the language of barking we could realise what the dog tried to say, 6 times I read something from the internet and they said that is a sign of fear.
I know around us strange thinks happened everyday; I also like to read about EVP, Out of body experience etc, and I try to figure out if the that sound was real or not
I also take yoga courses some years ago and I know the power of mind is beyond our imagination
About the dog, I don;t know if is still alive because I haven't see him today, I will look when I'm home.
I want to mention only one thing, I have 3 rooms conected in front of the house (in the middle one I heared the sound), but a results of what happened 2 nights ago, last night I was sleep in the room from the backspace garden (it's a single room -a small one)
Thank you all
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Boom--Very startling and unnerving, I'd say. There were too many ordinary actions on your part for me to agree it was a sleep paralysis experience, but I'm not prepared to go so far as to jump to alien encounter. The single dog barking is peculiar, since dogs generally bark and bark and bark. Is it still alive? Its dog language might have warned off other dogs. Time slippage or misreading the numbers?
Since this was only last night, my sugestion would be to get yourself (or draw) a cross if you're Christian for tonight. If you have a recording device, have it prepared. A camera of some sort might be useful, too. And if the phenomenon calls again, please let us know. God bless.
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
I can't help but think you suffered from a sleep paralysis episode, immediately followed by a bizarre dream. I suffer from sleep paralysis, and I hear an electrical/humming noise and sometimes I hear voices that sometimes are human, sometimes are more mechanical in nature. Having it been a dream would account for your loss of time and the strange barking outside your window.
AngelaListedMIA (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
hmm, do you believe in alien abductions?

That's the only thing I can think of.
I've done a lot of reading on them and most people describe it the same.

They look at the clock and it's say 1:00 AM
They look at it again and its 4:15 AM

It's impossible for time to go that fast unless you happened to fall asleep without realizing it.

Did you have any odd pains the next day?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: