You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: The Autistic Child Who See Spirits

Real Ghost Stories

The Autistic Child Who See Spirits

 

My Dad has a friend, and I think his friends daughter sees spirits. Here are a few things that have happened to her. She is seven years old and autistic. She is also going deaf, she can hear somewhat okay right now, but as time goes on, doctors say she will go completely deaf.

If you have read my water heater story, you will know that I think there is a spirit living in my Dad's house. Once I was at his house with her and her mom. Her mom, my dad, and I were talking while she was playing with her dolls. Later on, she got up and stood in front of the door to the computer room. She signs rather than talking usually, because she is used to doing that at school. Eventually, we noticed that she was signing "pay attention" to the empty room. I am not fluent in sign language, but her mom was saying that she was talking to what seemed like 2 or 3 people, and was telling each one of them to "pay attention" and was getting mad when they wouldn't. We asked her, "who are you talking to?" and she just looked at us. Then, we said, "What are their names?" and she said, "I don't know."

Another thing that happened to her was this;

She was staying at a baby-sitter's house and everything was fine until all of a sudden she freaked out and started crying. The baby-sitter called her mom and said that it would probably be best if she picked her up and took her home. When her mom took her home, she asked what was wrong, but she wouldn't tell her. She didn't talk at all for about a week. When she finally started talking, she told her mom that when she was at the baby-sitter's house, she saw a man and his son standing by the staircase and they were scaring her.

I have one other thing to tell that happened to this girl's sister;

When she was 3 years old, she wouldn't sleep in her own room. Her mom finally got her to go in there, and was tucking her in. Her mom noticed that she was staring off into space. She asked, "What are you staring at?" and the 3 year old responded "The lady standing behind you." Later on, the mother found out that the lady who owned the house before them died there. I have never been to her house, but there are a lot of people who know her that won't go back after being there a few times.

Other hauntings by jessy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

MariaTPhD2B (6 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-10-17)
I have an autistic child and I am doing my doctoral dissertation on autistic families. I have heard of this occurrence more than a few times and my own son has had similar things happen. Psychosis is a possibility but there is a growing group of clinicians that suspect autistic people see on a broader range of the light spectrum as they are so highly visual. Psychology Today even had an article suggesting autistics are ghost magnets. I have several theories but I believe these kids are seeing something for sure. It would be an interesting research study for the future. It is so common, it is amazing but the one common thread I have noticed is the child also has a strong preference for Veggie Tales and any conversation about God. Not a small fact!
Kendra (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-17)
Hey I believe in Ghost because my mother has one living in her home? My nefue sees it all the time in her bedroom. Under the bed. He is so scared of it. Most people say that we can catch them if they are close to us. Is that true or is it a lie? It doesn't touch anyone in the whole house.
My mother always talks to the ghost.
River1088 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-14)
autistics are very smart and can sometimes as some people would say use more senses than others. Now iam no proffestional but I have studied autistics in college. Autistics have a unique way of learning and remembering things. When I say this I mean they can learn faster and memorize things much better than others also they use other senses than the ones they have in many cases that I have seen. Just as shane has said if there is no bodily harm or anything at all there is no problem.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-07)
If these spirits that she seems to be seeing are causing no harm, then I do not see where the problem would be in returning to the place where this all happened. Other than the story of when she was at the babysitters, it doesn't seem to bother her in the least.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: