You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Something Attacks Me Before Falling Asleep

Real Ghost Stories

Something Attacks Me Before Falling Asleep

 

Last night, it happened again. Goshhh, it is scary! I was sleeping over at my boyfriend's place. We fell asleep at about 24:00 pm. At about 1:30 am it happened. Something woke me up and I was lying in bed frustrated because of waking up. As I started dozing off to wonderland, I heard a hollow, loud kind of noise in my ears. I was forced down to my bed, couldn't move, couldn't even make a noise. Then after about 30 seconds, it went away. I was horrified, then I tried to fall asleep again, but it happened all over again, this time it was real bad. Lying in bed trying to fight off whatever it was attacking me, knowing I'm awake, but it feels like I'm in some deep sleep, coma kind of thing, I saw how demons/spirits were dragging me around the bed, pulling me away from my boyfriend, I couldn't breath, my heart was beating so fast, goosebumps all over my body. In my mind, trying to fight it off, and praying to God to please take it all away. Then I was able to make a slight noise, and it woke my boyfriend up. We sat up all night, he told me he was having bad dreams at the same time. The room we slept in just felt so scary & dark, it wasn't a feeling of a ghost, it felt more like devils or demons or I don't know. It felt like something or someone was hiding away.

I'm terrified of falling sleep tonight, so scared it happens again. The funny thing is when I pray to God, after praying, it mainly happens. It's like something wants to prevent me from having any contact with God. This is not fun people. If anyone has advices, please I would appreciate it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

JonnyBoy101 (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-14)
😊 I think you need to move out from that house with your boyfriend. Those demons/devils could give the paranormal activity to the house. 😁 If it doesn't work, you can bless the house. You should read my story. I'll have to wait for one or a few days for it to be on YourGhostStories.com.
Lucidityistheanswr (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
Hey, if it's any consolation this used to happen to me alot, I did some research and it's nothing to be afraid of, however real it may feel whatever happens I aside you is not reality google hyponagonic hallucination it really is fascinating stuff - about the whole demon theory I'm sorry but I truly do not believe they are evil spirits, if you have the time I'd highly reccomend research in lucid dreaming it really is life changing I am now actualy able to induce these " occurrences" on command and do so recreationaly
dickycolin (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
Sounds like Sleep Paralysis to me.

Im not a complete skeptic but the same thing happened to me 10 years ago. I would hear a loud ringing or Buzzing followed by a slight room spin and the inability to move or paralysis. The first time it happened it scared the living be-jesus out of me. I though something was trying to take over my body. I have done some research since and your story fits all the trademarks of Sleep paralysis.

No need to worry about it. Although I do believe that spirits can attack you this kind of sleeping disorder is quite common and a normal side effect of a healthy and active mind. More than likely not a spirit attacking you.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-29)
Bells.

In just about every culture that has metal working, the sound of bells ringing drive off evil spirits.
Dino (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-28)
This has been happening to me for at least the last ten years. And I would initially describe it in the exact same way as you have. I understand what sleep paralysis is. I can not claim this to be it. I am now able to be in control of these episodes at most times, and like you this happens after my deepest sessions of prayer. The key is to recognize this happening before you fall asleep and to have God in your thoughts. I now can bring myself to sit up at will (most times) and experience intense amazing energy during this time. It is when I try to ignore the precursors indicating the onset of this and go straight to sleep, that I am attacked. Do not be afraid however. When you begin to harness this gift you will be amazed. Demons are powerless before the Lord and it is He that dwells in us. If this happens to anyone particularly after prayer before you sleep contact me for anything. I believe you to truly be a humble servant of our Father. I may be able to help you no longer be terrified.
EricaAshley (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-20)
Say leave in the name of jesus christ, works for me everytime. Also look up sleep paralysis, sounds like what you are having. Just know this God DOES help you.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-20)
Hi JacobsT! I have to agree with Ohiowatha on the sleep paralysis. I also think you should video tape yourself while you are sleeping. Thanks for sharing your story. ~Shelby ❤
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-17)
Most likely sleep paralysis and all in your head. But maybe not!...

Try to video tape yourself at night and see if it happens again. If so, post it to this website.

Thanks!
Kash (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-18)
There is a belief that when one sleeps their soul leaves their body and wanders. But, it can only travel a short distance from your body as the belief is that the soul is connected to your body by a thread. If a demon wants you, then it is going to have to cut this thread. In some cases this is an impossible task for it to do and hence it gets angry. They will then attack you or play mind games with you. This is a common circumstance. It sometimes happens at a point when one is feeling down or helpless hence you pray. Dont give up!
ducky493 (11 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-28)
your lucky at least it did not choke you for two mintues and 5 second then it let go I screamd and saw somethings hand toghch my knob and go it happened this moring at 4😨 😲
v3ro (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-25)
This happened to me many times before. But the first time that it happened to me I was about 14 years old. I was in my room layoung down on my bed thinking about my friend's mom. She had been really sick lately and she for some reason thought that I did witchcraft out of the random. So as I'm thinking about how she's doing I decide to look over to my door and as I looked I saw little hands waving to me to come to them. I got so freaked out that I tried to get out of bed and I couldn't move. I couldn't talk and I heard a noise in my ears. The only thing I could do was cry. So when I was finally able to move I told my mom. After it happened I went back to my room and it happened two times in a row. But now It hasn't ever happened to me again because I am not araid of it. You have to show that you are not afraid. Also it is true that someone needs to touch you in order for you to be able to move that has also happened to me. The most freakiest thing was that the next day I had found out that my friend's mom had died. 😲
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-06-12)
I love how people do a simple search on google and end up reading an old story on this site that is very similar to what they went through some hours ago and get at least some comfort in knowing they're not the only ones. There's really value in sharing all of these, you never know if you'll be helping at least one person, if not now, maybe in a few months.
sweetheart (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-12)
thank you. Wow I'm so glad I read this. This same EXACT thing happened to me last night. It is like it wants to keep me from talking to God. Last night was the first time it had happened and I don't know what to do about it. It was the most frightening thing ever. Please write me back and explain more.
bri2ish (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-11)
Dear Tonia, Readers
I will write this and hope it reaches you all in good faith and that you shall not judge me for the religion I hold nor race I am from.
The so called spirits that attack you during sleep are known by my religion (ISLAM) as jinns. They attack even muslims who do not pray and mention allah's name before sleep or before any other actions of the day. Allah (GOD) has wrapped humans in a white shield of light (which we can not see). Those he protects will never be harmed by jinns(devils).
Jesus is a prophet of GOD all mighty allah and so is mohammad, and when you pray for protection pray to god not jesus to protect you when you sleep and when you wake up.
i read the story of the poor christian girl in usa who they made a movie about being possessed. Her priest couldn't even save her nor could the church. If only I knew her then I would have tried to help her by reading the quran and keeping her safe. I do not expect you to believe me but incase your situation doesn't change or gets worse please feel free to contact a muslim person and specially a sheikh (scholar or leader of a mousque). You be surprised how they can help you from those jinn attacks. They will flee and never enter your home again but only if you stick to the rightous path. I have seen many people who get attacked in their sleep get possessed later. If this happens I advise you to go and look into islam and learn how you can fight them off with ease. Jinns are scared of humans for allah has made man from water and made them from smokes of hell fire. WATER is stronger than fire. Peace Be with you
kristy38 (5 stories) (52 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-09)
thanks for telling this. I would do what a lot on here has told you to do I would out a bible in my room and open it. I would have a paster come in and pray over your house if I was you. Have you ever tallked to a ghost hunter there a thing you can go to online http://ghosthunter.com her name is patti starr
camille (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-29)
hi I kno exactly how you feel, I thought I was just crazy. Then I realized that the are demonic spirits trying to attack the saints of God. That screaming and shouting are the demons trying to get inside you. What I do is call on the name of Jesus, I cry out Abba (which is father) hear your child, then I speak to the demons and rebuke them. I kno you can't speak jus think it, eventually they will release you. Pray every nite that helps. God Bless.
Shaun (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-25)
From my experience, it seems that an evil spirit is attacking you, happens to many people. When you go to bed, leave your bible opened, and you will find that the problems gone. Also try getting yourself a little cross and place it your pillow next to you. You cannot speak during the attack because the evil spirit prevents you from calling on the name of god, for which it is most terrified.
Bernadette N (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-25)
Dear Tonia, I know exactly how you feel. It's happened to me a couple of times and at this stage of my life, I'm afraid of the dark and going to sleep. I sleep with a light on. One thing I can tell you with an honest heart is that you should believe in God and know that he is more Powerful than they/those things could ever imagine to be. You should try leaving your bible open in your room 24/7, it sure helps alot! For the past 7 years I've been doing it. I would like to get in contact with you to share my experiences with you, maybe we could help one another.
Kendra (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-17)
There are some ghost that are very bad to be around because they can hurt you at a point if you keep on hurting it too. There are times when they are nice to your children they may even be friends from the past. If it was one of the children that are missing then tell the police station. To tell them that you have seen that boy or girl's spirit.
JackEdwards (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-03)
Sleep paralysis is the scientific name for this phenomena that not many people get but I believe that it is not in any way to do with science. If it does happen again, try not to be scared how ever disturbing it may be.
Veronica R. (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-18)
PLEASE READ THIS
Hi, I'm a teacher from California. I'm very religious too, but let me tell you what's going on with you. The condition you have is called Sleep Paralysis. It has happened to me many a times throughout my life, and yes it is very scary. My dreams were about aliens and sometimes ghosts. I always thought I was being abducted because the paralysis feeling would kick in after the stressful dreams. Stress can cause this condition, it can make the paralysis come on. I also hear the hollow noise and feel the shortness of breath the way that you do. I am now married and have recently discovered this condition after years of being frightened (I'm almost 27 years old). I told my husband about it. I told him that if he hears me breathing irregularly that he needs to touch me to help me snap out of it. It has helped me lots! I have read articles about this, and it recommended that if you sleep with a partner they need to only touch you to snap out of it. Remember to stay calm and know that you will come out of it soon. This would happen to me a lot, even during naps. It hasn't happened in a while, but the more you stay calm, the faster you come out of it. It also helps if you don't go to sleep stressed, say your prayers, do something calm and relaxing before bedtime. You will be sleeping better before you know it. If this doesn't help, visit your doctor. I hope this helps. Do a search on the web for it, Sleep Paralysis :)
allgo88 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-14)
well let me just say I have had the same experince except much worse ok let me say this not all the time this about demons and ghost what have you not as much as it is about your body. Yes I know science and religion and demons do not go together but for real this used to happen to me when I was little about 10 or eleven (iam now 19) I used to loose breath, it was like someone was standing on my back. This really freaked my parents out and they took me to the doctors and everywhere. My parents are big catholics so it was addressed to are church. No one could fix the problem or find out what was wrong untill one day a man named marrim luxerger came to my parents because my dad was big in the medical field he knew luxerger through school when my dad was in germany and he wachted me one time when this happend, he wanted to help so he monitred me for my own saftey when I slept. You see not a lot of poeple know about this but sometimes when you are asleep you loose controll of everything except your brain. Ok then what can happen sometimes is you wake up but the electronic signals from you brain that need to be sent out go out. When I say this it means basically that you are awake but the sleep that you were depending on how deep it was can stunt the speed of your signals down your spine and through the nervous system. Well I know that's a lot that doesnt make sense like why would you loose breath or feel crushed. Well when you wake and everything is very clear but this happens its like a instant strain on the body because you are thinking on thing but your body is to slow to get the job done this results in the loosing of breath and your muscle's and body becoming super heavy. All in all I hate to say this when people ask me about it because it does not explain alot, really its all just in your head. For this senerio that is I have had others problems with spirits and demons o yess but this was something that I had taken care of medically and know iam fine after I started to take some medication I was fine unitll I got older
Vicky (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-09)
I've heard that when that happens to you is your soul trying to get back into your body but your body is not letting it. I've heard that on tv on a show called montell williams. The psychics name is Sylvia Browne.
Helena (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-08)
Hi ,I have also experienced these encounters , praying the lords prayer is powerful and rebuking the spirit in the name of Christ. What I also do is leave a CD playing [on repeat] that has the lords prayer and different version of Hallelujah playing whilst I sleep and during the day after the encounter or until you feel safe.
Jo (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-08)
I've had experiances like yours,sleep with a night light on in your room,evil does not like light.Read a couple bible verses before you go to sleep,and sleep with the bible under your pillow,and pray nightly,even if it is only a short prayer...ask God for his protection.It helps to hang a holy cross on the wall in your bedroom.
Victoria (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-07)
Hi Tonia: I have experienced the same thing as you, and it is very real not a dream...You said in the last line of your email "it's like something wants to prevent me from having any contact with God", you are right. Those demons do not want you to call upon God, they are trying to claim you for themselves. Prayer is the only real deliverance, trust me I know. But use the words "I REBUKE you in the name of Jesus Christ"..Repeat this in your head when they attack you and repeat it loudly, scream it in your mind as if you were yelling at someone and they will flee. I also use the words "Get out in the name of Jesus Christ" or "Leave me alone in the name of Jesus Christ". They flee from that because they fear God and the mere words spoken about him make them tremble. Also ask God to send the Archangel Michael to defend you. Remember the movie The Exorcist?? It really did happen but it was a young boy, not a girl. Someone close to him put a statue of the Archangel Michael in his room and according to the boy, he dreamt of a huge fight between an awesome winged Angel warrior and demons. The Angel slayed the demons left and right. When the boy awoke he was no longer possessed. When he finally saw the statue of the Archangel Michael in his room, he told his parents that was the Angel he saw in his dream. I got one myself on Ebay, check it out, but most of all keep strong in your prayer to God. Demons go after people that are non-believers and weak. Repeat the words I mentioned above, it will work for you. I have written about this in a few previous stories on this site. I try to pass on this good piece of advice (actually the best piece of advice). Anyone dealing with demons needs to stand up to them and Rebuke them in Jesus' name....Be blessed and put on your suit of armor Tonia. Good luck.
southern monkey (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-07)
I think that your dealing with a demon, maybe you could try praying because you know demons on the devil tremble with the word fo jesus christ TRY IT
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-06)
The only thing I can say to you is you need to have a cleansing ceremony performed on the home. I am not sure who in South Africa can perform these as I have used a Native American Shaman in the past. Maybe one of the local tribes has one or you can check with your church and see if they are willing and able to get involved in it, which by the way most aren't. That is why it is often better to find a Tribal Shaman to perform these ceremonies. Good luck to you and God Bless

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: