You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Dad Saw his Own Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

My Dad Saw his Own Ghost

 

If you have read any of my past stories, you would know that I think there is some kind of spirit in my Dad's house. One night, while he was sleeping, he had a dream that a huge weight was laying on top of him. He couldn't move because it was so heavy. When he finally got enough strength to push the weight off, a person fell on the floor. He stood up to see if the person was okay. As soon as my Dad stood up, the person sat on the foot of the bed. My Dad touched him on the shoulder and said, "hey man, are you okay?" but when he looked at the man sitting on the bed, he realized it was himself! He jumped back panicking and a few moments later he woke up. He called me immediately to tell me this. I asked him if he had thought that he died when it happened, and he said, "yes..." We both agreed that it could have either been a near death experience, or just a strange dream. The next night, he dreamed the exact same thing. Then, he had that dream over and over again every night for about a week. One night, he fell asleep in the living room on the couch instead of in his bedroom. He did NOT have the dream when he slept in the living room. He slept in his bedroom again the night after and the dream happened again. He became afraid to sleep in his room, so every night, he slept on the couch in the living room. After a few months of that happening, it seemed to have just gone away and now he can sleep in his own bed again. If anyone has any idea what this could mean at all, I would really appreciate your comments! Thanks.

Other hauntings by jessy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
I know I am a few years late to comment on this but Anna, you are spewing crap out of your mouth when you comment that books arent in the bible due to trouble with being Authenticated. For someone that plans to bring the bible into this realized a few things.

1) There are different forms of the bible, each one being a little different then the last.

2) If you actually read the bible, there is a period of Jesus' life that is not included in the bible. They mention him when he was born, when he was a child, and then suddenly when he is an adult.

Unless you know what happened to him between the ages of when he was a child and when he was an adult, you don't have any grounds to claim that he wasn't with someone unless you have some 'special' information that no one else has.

Another thing to go along with also, is that there are actually books of the bible that have been removed at various points in times, and other books that could exist that have yet to be found. Just because the currently edited Bible is saying what it says does not mean that that is everything that is the true word of God. There could be other things out there that people have yet to find.

And another point. Anyone can interpret the Bible in a way to benefit what their saying, regardless. There were people that claimed if you read it right it would have forwarned America about the terrorist attacks on the Twin Towers, and yes, I looked into it and when you read it right (not necessarily from left to right like people normally do, some of it going up and down from one letter to the next) it actually did seem like it was warning people about the terrorist attacks on the twin towers.

Another note is I HATE when people use the bible in an arguement if they don't do enough research into it. If your claiming that Jesus was never involved with a woman then why not tell us where in the bible that it specifically says there was no woman that he was involved with.

And I didn't mean to type up a big comment, I just HATE it when the bible gets brought in to an arguement, and since I for one read the bible, and believe in it, would rather perfer if you get some facts to back up your 'claims'.

Peace
JustCurious
mIIk (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-15)
Try moving your bed away from the door so that the spirits won't bother you. Do not sleep feet towards the door because you are attracting bad spirits in. It is like opening a coffin and letting and extra person come in to join you. Keep your shoes or slippers (toes) pointing away. Keeps the ghost away. Good luck.
Ch3L534 (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
this hapend to my mom as well but she only saw herself once 😊lolz
Carrotred (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-09)
If somebody jumped on me while I was sleeping and then I pushed them off, I would NOT check to see if they was ok and go "hey man, are you ok" I think I would attack them...
jasbelieveghosts123 (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-19)
Seeing yourself, is quite scary, I done so many times, but I've learnt to live with it & turn it into a good dream😁 but when its a bad dream & you can't turn it to a good dream, but then you realise its probably not a dream that is when I would panic 😕
HaleyScott (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-06)
hey I think it was a demon trying to be the figure looking of your dad. Will that help?
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-05)
This sounds like an out of body experience more than a bad reoccuring dream. It's like he caught his astral body out of his body which explains the sleep paralysis. Sounds like his astral body was trying to get back into his physical body when it woke him up and he wouldn't allow it back in. Maybe that is the reason it happened a few times. His astral body kept trying to re enter.
blue1965 (4 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2007-12-22)
I found this to be a disturbing dream, I haven't read anything on this site yet that had made me want to post-except this. I have no advice on the matter, I just wanted to say my piece, you have to start somewhere so I decided to start with this.
ellycat (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-16)
dreaming about death doesn't mean that you will die but something may end like you might lose a job you might get rid of a habit you might move house
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-16)
Welcome Mystic, I am Shane one of the regulars here. Looking forward to seeing any stories you may have to share with the group and any advise you may have to help those who request it.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Mystic (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-16)
well If it only seems to happen when he sleeps in his bed. Then it seems that he is seeing the future. He will most likely pass away in his bed. Some people have been known to see them self die and where it happens. There can be so many things it could mean.
Anna (58 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-11)
and by the way I would never own that garbage, that book you mentioned, it is common knowledge that one of the books you so love, portrays Jesus as a man who was involved with someone, those books are not in the bible for one reason only! They can never be authenticated because the people that make those decisions know they are not real! They are not the real scriptures!
Anna (58 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-11)
no you did not preach shane, but I do know you like to be the one who gives the advice and when a christian gives theirs you step all over it instead of letting that other person decide what advice to take, that is exactly what you do because you like to be in control in here, why not see whose advice they take instead of tearing apart the others like you did to me and hada, all I said was most gnostics believe that jesus was married when he was not, that is my view I am not telling you what to believe in, but you should let others give their advice too, even Martin says so
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-11)
Kristy I had a book that once said to dream of a death is actually the foretelling of a birth. So maybe someone close to you is going to have a baby when you turn forty, like one of your children if they are old enough.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-11)
You are a man after my own Heart Martin. I couldn't have said it better myself. I didn't really know what form of religious beliefs I had Martin until I began the search, I have been studying the older religions and what I have noticed is the same as you. I don't believe in this you have to fear the higher power to know them. Just look at how many of the older christian sects are left. Not very many since the new organized church/s has done everything they can to destroy our beliefs and our ways of life, just like they did with the pagans and Jews. They want all the power and will do what ever it takes to stop those who disagree with them. I just wish we could get others to understand that just because someone has a different belief doesn't make them evil or devil worshippers. This person, puts me in too much of a mind with prophetess. Once you close your mind to something there is nothing more you can say or do that will change it. Even if we had actual physcial proof of the spirit realm they wouldn't believe it. I hope I haven't over stepped my boundries again and I appoligize to Jessy for using her story as a reply point for posting.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
kristy38 (5 stories) (52 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-10)
thanks for telling this. I have had dreams of me passed away I was 40 years old in my dream. I dreamed that for along time. I realy don't know why people have dreams like this for. If anyone can tell me you can e-mail me at kristyjohns at aol.com
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-05-10)
Shane, gnostic christian as in the Gospel of Thomas? I love those writings... I think the movie Stigmata was based on that. It does display Christ as a figure closer to yogi and buddhist masters than one would think from the "canon" gospels. Less dogmatic, more spiritual. The closer you get to different spiritualities, the more you realize they say the same things. The only differences are in the rigid dogmas taught by priests of many organized religions who have an interest in keeping a system of control and power.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-10)
You see what you want to see and believe what you want to believe. You read too many books the DaVinci code is not what all Gnostics believe so therefore you are grouping people based on a biased opinion. I didn't preach to you I simple ask that you not group those you do not know about into a group as being evil or worshiping evil. Since you have your mind made up about what is or isn't the truth that means you have a closed mind and aren't willing to except the possiblity that there may be another cause for it one that you can't explain and therefor are fearful of. I fear nothing and no one. My God doesn't preach fear, he preaches love, understanding and exceptence of all no matter their religious beliefs.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Anna (58 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-10)
Caraway
Mercury Air Masculine
Carry for protection against spirits who mean harm, especially Lilith. The seeds can be used to ensure faithfulness, and can be used in spells to attract a lover. Used in cooking, will induce lust.

you see this is another one to ward off against spirits with herbs?

wiccans most certainly know about evil spirits Shane and demons and exorcism...
Anna (58 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-10)
you say wiccans do not believe in evil spirits? Then why do they cast their spells and brew their herbs to ward off evil spirits and exorcism Shane?
do you know what an exorcism is?

wiccans=witchcraft, that is what it is. Spells etc...

Bay Leaves
Sun Fire Masculine
Use in potions for visions, clairvoyance and wisdom. Place under your pillow to induce prophetic dreams. Carry to ward off evil, and scatter or burn for exorcism. Add to cleansing teas and baths. Scatter on the floor, and then sweep out for protection. The priestesses at Delphi are said to have chewed bay leaves to induce their visions and prophesies.

http://www.wejees.net/herbs.html
Anna (58 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-10)
As you are dishing out your advice of smudging and other things Hada and I are giving our advice as well. I do not believe Jesus Christ was married that is what you obviously believe because that is what gnostic is... Carry forth and so will we. We did not preach to you directly we simply gave advice as you so freely do Shane.

You obviously feel threatened by this or you would not have directed it directly at us right?
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-10)
Hada and Anna, just because something is taught to be true to your particular belief system doesn't mean that it is the only truth out there. Also Anna unless you have been a part of a particular group or have studied their belief system please don't automaticaly associate them with evil spirits or demons. Wiccans and those of the nature religions do not associate with evil spirits or devils as they do not believe in them. The crede for Wicca is "an harm none" does this sound to be of an evil nature or an evil religion. I myself am a gnostic christian and I believe that there are things out there which can not be explained through religion or science and until it can be proven one way or another I plan on keeping an open mind about it.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Anna (58 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-10)
This part is very similiar to your beliefs Hada, which we both obviously share...

The Deception

Deception is always present in one's relationship with a familiar spirit. Usually, the one having a familiar spirit believes that his spirit-companion is good rather than evil, or thinks that something beneficial will come out of that relationship. He erroneously believes that the spirit is a true benefactor who will provide him with helpful information. He may even believe that the familiar spirit is the Holy Spirit. He will; therefore, be reluctant to part with something he believes is beneficial or that is of God.

The person having a familiar spirit may not recognize that it is a spirit entity with whom he is having a relationship. He may think that his experiences are only within his imaginations and fantasies. Or, he may believe that he has contacted God's spiritual realm through his mind rather than through his spirit. Thus, he may be ensnared, not because he is seeking something evil, but because he is seeking something good in a wrong way .

Necromancy, a supposed communication with the dead, is a facet of the familiar spirit's operation. Necromancy is an outright deception. Rather than communicating with a particular person, the medium is in contact with a spirit which is familiar with that dead person. The spirit is able to give information and produce manifestations which lead the necromancer to suppose that he has contacted the spirit of a certain dead person.

This is a part of that article which completely reflects Christian views as well as the bible.
Anna (58 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-10)
Susan what you are experiencing with your projection is simple to say, every human being has had the unfortunate experience of carrying a demon, including myself, what is happening is your familiar is leaving your body, and returning and making you think your spirit is leaving when it is not.

OH I found this for you Hada...

"Familiar spirit" is the designation of a specific type of evil spirit. It is so classified because of its chief characteristic: namely, familiarity. It is a relationship, a familiarity, with a person or personality. For example, a woman, whom Paul encountered in Macedonia, had a familiar spirit which gave her powers of divination. (Acts 16:16-18)

Familiar spirits are common amid the practices of spiritism and witchcraft, but their activity is by no means limited to persons and practices so obviously occult. Evil spirits are personalities. They can reason, decide, express emotions and communicate. Personalities have the capacity to relate to one another. Two human personalities can form a relationship; and, through communication and communion, that relationship can be enhanced. Likewise, a person can form and develop a close relationship with an evil spirit. When a person forms a relationship with an evil spirit (which can be done either willfully or through ignorance), he then has a familiar spirit.

Now the rest of this article is very interesting Hada should you wish to read it further...

http://home.mchsi.com/~ftio/warfare-familiar-spirits.htm
Anna (58 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-10)
I found this and thought it matched yours Hada
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Familiar

I found it interesting that Islamic beliefs of familiars are the same as ours, Christians.

AS you can see from that page it also talks about divinatory spirits as well.
Anna (58 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-10)
Hada I would agree with you, what you are talking about are called familiar spirits, demons, or if you prefer to call them fallen angels that is what they are, and should not be dismissed. Some people do not like hearing about that view because it is Christian. I agree totally with what you are saying because I have seen my husbands familiar spirit.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-05-10)
Hada, thanks for getting back to me on this, I appreciate your viewpoint and I'm always excited to have different cultural point of views, but it's just your dismissive attitude toward the other theories that kind of put me off. You may very well be right.
Hada (36 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-10)
Pink unicorns and astral projection aside, Martin it is common belief that Christmas gifts come from "Santa", likewise, "my theory" is not mine nor is it theory. It is common belief in the part of the world I'm in that every human has an unseen companion that resembles themselves like the one dad saw in the above story. Furthermore, I do not insinuate that we in the east know better. With all humility, we are simply accustomed to these occurrances, have explanations for them and know how to ward them off.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-05-10)
Hada, for someone who started to write with such confidence about their views, as interesting as your theory is, it doesn't make much more sense than the astral projection one. Now, I believe in the paranormal, but what you're saying might be equivalent to "No people you got it all wrong, christmas gifts don't come from Santa Claus, it comes from pink unicorns. In the eastern world, we sure know better...".
Hada (36 posts)
-1
17 years ago (2007-05-10)
All the above comments are erroneous, nothing to do with astral projection, dreams or anything. The western world is not as up to date on such matters as is the eastern world, therefore, I'd like to clarify... Everyone , according to Islamic theology is born with a spirit companion who looks exactly like you. They accompany every person throughout life. These tend to be malevolent and work toward causing their human companion to sin or do unvirtuous deeds. You have been fortunate to actually see your demonic companian, of course only under the cover of darkness, why in your room, I don't know though. I will forward this address so that you can get more information on this " companion", known in Arabic as Qareen. Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qareen

The only way to ward off this evil is to ask for God's protection before sleeping. If you ever see him again, simply say "Allah" meaning God in Arabic and he will disappear.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: