You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Mum's Visit Before Wedding

Real Ghost Stories

Mum's Visit Before Wedding

 

Just a bit of history before I start.

My mom passed away in 2002 at the age of 37 from complications of lupus. I was 19 years old (I am now 32).

Last year September was my wedding and we had been planning for over 8 months. Needless to say wedding planning is extremely stressful and brides can become overwhelmed and very emotional. (Indian weddings are huge *450 guests* and over a period of 3 days.)

Like any wedding, moms tend to play a big part in the planning period and wedding and I was getting really tired and frustrated because there were tons of stuff to do and no one to advise me or help except my younger sister (she's a godsend, but there's only so much she can do).

My fiance (now husband) and I were also getting very frustrated with each other. One day about 3 weeks prior to the wedding, we had a huge argument. His mother was behaving as if it were her wedding and I really had enough. I started crying and was very angry with God because I felt like I had no one to back me up.

That evening I went home after work and just got into bed, I needed a break from it all. Usually I would go home and pray and then cook etc. I lived alone so I just got into bed and went to sleep. (I finish work at 4:30 pm so it's quite early.)

About 8 pm, I awoke (checked the time). Everything felt so calm and peaceful in the house and I guess at some point I drifted off again and started dreaming. I could hear footsteps walking towards my bedroom from the lounge area and someone pushed the door open. It was my mom. She walked to the other side of my bed and got in. By now I had sat up in bed, and she takes my hand and says, "Stop stressing so much and don't worry, everything will be okay. The wedding is going to be wonderful. I am with you through this and I will be at the wedding. Help is coming." She then told me to go back to sleep, gave me a hug and we both went to sleep. I woke up early the next morning to the smell of my mom lingering in my bedroom and all around me.

As soon as I got in to work that morning, my phone rang and it was a close friend who is like a second mother to my sister and I. She's about 4 years younger then what my mom would be today and been through similar experiences in life. We will call her "A". She says "Di I'm so sorry I have been so busy, but I have made myself available from now until the wedding to help with anything you need." (She was really busy as her daughter was moving to Mauritius the week after the wedding.) However, she took on the role of my mother for the next few weeks.

The night before the wedding my sister and I stayed over at "A"s house because it was closer to the wedding venue. She sat with my sister and I that night and said a few weeks ago she dreamt of my mom and even though mom didn't ask her to help me, she knew that's what she had to do.

I know that even though those were just dreams, I felt that my mom was right there and the dreams were her way of communicating with us.

After the wedding when I had a few moments alone, I thanked my mom, I felt a huge warm feeling come over me and smelt her in the air again...

Other hauntings by dido

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dido, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

saher (4 stories) (52 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-03)
Hi Dido,

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful story. I can understand how you would have felt at the wedding without your Mom, when they come visiting you that's the biggest sign of relief that they are still looking after you.
God Bless her soul. 😊
dido (5 stories) (20 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-09-30)
Hi Everyone, Thank you for the wonderful comments.

Miracles51031- I believe she did, things went really well after her visit.

Silentwings- Thank you for adding to your favourites. 😁

Dreamer01 & Sheetal - Thank you, I feel truly blessed to know that she is still around watching over me.

Otteer - All is going well. Mother in law has definitely become much more tolerable lol, we have a great relationship now 😆
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-09-30)
Dido... I am just spellbound... This is such a heart touching and beautiful story ❤ Mom is one of the best gift which god has given to us... Agree with dreamer you are lucky and angel is watching to you... Love this story... ❤
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-09-29)
a most heart warming story. If it happened to me I would feel truly blessed. You are so lucky, an angel to watch over you ❤ 😊.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-09-29)
Oh so lovely, I'm so glad she came to you to let you know she was going to be with you, such a rare gift! Hope all is going well and your husbands mom has become more tolerable lol, and more like an earthbound mom to you, mom in laws can be wonderful sources of support too! Xxx Thank you for sharing!
Silentwings (guest)
+2
8 years ago (2015-09-29)
A mother's love never dies and this is more than proof of that, thank you for sharing such a beautiful experience with us. It's going to my favorites. ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2015-09-29)
dido - this is absolutely beautiful ❤ I do believe that your mom came to you to comfort you and that she visited "A" to have her stand in for your mom.

Thanks for sharing this with us 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: