You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Dead Dog Came To Say Goodbye

Real Ghost Stories

Dead Dog Came To Say Goodbye

 

In April of this year, my dog Maddy, a 6 year old Golden Retriever, got sick all of a sudden. I knew something was wrong with her because she was just opposed with her ball. I mean she always wanted to play with it.

She started moping around and stuff and not eating and not playing with the ball. I talked with my grandparents who I had been staying with at the time. I said that we need to take her to the vet, but they said, "Oh, she has an upset stomach or something." The next morning, I woke up to a really horrifying mess where Maddy was sleeping. We rushed her to the vet and they said she was poisoned, which was impossible, and that they would try to help her. All day we waited and nothing happened. The vet said if she made it through the night, she had better chances.

5 am the next day, the vet called and said Madison had crashed. She made it through the night. (Add 'not' here?) I was so distraught I was crying and just a mess. When I went into my room to be alone. I was crying on my bed when I felt this surreal calmness come over me and I looked over to the bathroom door and saw Maddy looking at me.

What it was, really, was the outline of her head in the door (she had a very distinguished head outline) and she turned her head towards my mom's voice when she heard her coming then she faded away into the door. I told my mom and she believed me. She was just upset that she hadn't seen it.

To this day we don't know what killed Maddy. We think it might have been perforated valves, but we're not sure. We had her cremated and she's always at the foot of my bed. My mom always believed Maddy and I were connected spiritually and I believe it with how much I loved that dog. To this day I have dreams about her and I believe it's her coming back to say hello.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nicky7x, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MaddyMasacar (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-09)
I hope one day to have a connection to an animal like that.
I am sorry for your loss even though I'm a little late.
Regards, Madison ❤ ❤
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-05)
Also what kind of mess did Maddy leave becuase you didn't tell us.
Was it a bloody of throw up mess.
GIRLIE 😜 😢 😢
XxReverieOfAnAngelxX (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-20)
Your story brought tears to my eyes.😳
I'm so sorry that happened to Maddy.
But at least she isn't suffering anymore.
It reminded me of Ginger, a Chesapeake Bay Retriever I used to have who passed away with heart failure.
We had a tight bond like you had with Maddy.
It took me years to get over her death.
I now have a German Shepherd, Sabien, but no dog will ever take her place in my heart.
I believe everything you said about Maddy visiting you, because she loved you so much.
Best wishes. 😊
Alicia x
Lizziejane (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
i lost my cat thirteen months ago and I have never had a message from him. He was my best friend and companion and it would have helped me on this long road but on the plus side I have had a message from my mum who also passed last yeat.

You are so lucky to get a message.
ToraOkami303 (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-24)
awwww...i had the same kind of connection with my dog Thor... He had to be put down... He couldn't walk up and down the steps (the house is slightly off the ground so there are two steps to get in and out of the house)...Living he alway protected me and he still does even in death:) sounds like what you have to me:) I know at night Thor lays with me too...

~Tora~
ghostfreak14 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
i am so sorry about your dog, I would be really devistated if my dog passed on... And I believe you 100% though...
welshgirl88 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-25)
nicky I'm so sorry for your loss! It just reminded me of my alsation getting put to sleep last year. But from what I no, I don't think he come to visit us. I just hope he's happy up there with my other animals that have passed. Hopefully he went to the light.

This has made me cry my eyes out! 😢
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
I sometimes believe that pets can be smarter then people. We treat them like animals because they are animals but sometimes there hearts are bigger then some peoples hearts. And I bet Maddy had a big heart. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Marg (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
Maddy was poisoned? Did you let your dog outside? It's possible, somebody did this horrible thing to your dog without you knowing it. I believe, you saw your dog looking at you and things like this can happen. Maddy is okay and is longer suffering.😁 Thanks, I liked reading your story.😊
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-31)
Hi Nicky7x and thanks for sharing your story with us!

You must have been really sad when Maddy died. Pets are like a member of the family and it really hurts when someone leaves. I don't have a pet and I don't think I will have for a long time so I might never have that feeling! Thanks and hope to hearing more from you!

Biemaster
ElectricTNT (1 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-30)
Hi Nicky

I am 61yrs old, and I am as close to my dog as you were to yours. I know how you must feel and I am very sorry for your loss. I believe that all life continues beyond death and someday, you and maddy will be together again. God Bless and thank you for sharing your story and your photo.
Nicky7x (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-30)
Thank you to everyone
Who as responded I appreciate you
Kindness and ideas
I wanted to add that when I saw'll her it was a shadow and that all I saw was her head I said she had a very distinctive head shape this-http://i34.tinypic.com/dgnynb.jpg
Is exotically what I saw and how I new it was her
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
hello it good that your dog came to say hello and I have ghost cat that wasn't my it may be from other owner that use to be their before us it know I am friendly person and a catlover interest me. I never like to see animals being cruels and poison their animals.
I am sorry to for your lose of the dog and she is good to being there for you and your family.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
I would agree with your belief, Nicky.
Pets are so much more than just animals. They become part of the family. And if a family member can stop by to comfort, or just say hello, then I see no reason as to why Maddy could not do the same.
How wonderful that you have an understanding Mother who supported you through all of this, my hat is off to her.
Thank you.
GhostHunter_Jesse (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
wow Thats wierd I had a Connection like that... Mabye she will come back... I don't know.
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
Hello Nicky. It is hard to lose someone you love as I am sorry for the loss of Maddy. She is at peace now though. I say that pets (family members) always seem to find their way home. ❤
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
Wow that is such a pretty story. My dog died about a mouth ago. I had kind of a dream about him, but it was a sad one not a happy one. Thank you for sharing your story.
GIRLIE 😁
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
Hi, I have to agree with Kim, it is great knowing that your mom believed you, I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet 😢, which I had a boston terrier that died of parvo, because of my neighbor's dogs. She was just letting you know that she was no longer in pain, and that she will always be with you.

Thanks for the story, and at least she knows she is at home peacefully.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
Pets know more often then we do our selves what we need. Maddy knew the grief you were feeling and knew you needed to see her, to know that she was finally okay and no longer in pain. She chose to make sure you saw her and let you know that she would be forever with you in some fashion.

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful tribute to your beloved family member!

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: