You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Hit By A Ball Of Light

Real Ghost Stories

Hit By A Ball Of Light

 

This story happened to me when I was fifteen years old, about eleven to twelve years ago but still plays on my mind.

I was with three of my friends one night. My parents were not home as they had gone for the weekend. We smoked a joint outside and had come inside to play some funny mind games and tricks. Things like; I would make them believe they were guessing the right card that was picked, trying to make things magnetically stick to the butter knife, other guessing games and just being silly.

The fun had stopped and we were sitting on chairs in the kitchen/lounge room watching TV. All of a sudden, in the direction we were facing but a bit higher and to the left, something shimmered into view. It shocked me because it was something I had never seen before. Kind of gold and silver, I think. But I do remember it was spirit like or human shaped. It shimmered in then turned. Then I remember this ball of light coming my way. It hit me and next thing I know, I'm somewhere surrounded by darkness. I was no where, really. It was just blackness everywhere for a few seconds.

Then, as if someone had cut a slice through the blackness with a sword, all this light came pouring out and rushing through me. This happened so quick that when I woke up from my chair, I fell forward and said, "Holy shiat, wtf was that, did you guys see that sh*t?" My friends were all sitting around me and had tried to wake me when I passed out, but didn't manage to. They were talking about what they should do because they didn't know what had just happened. I was passed out for around fifteen minutes but to me it was like maybe ten seconds. I try to think back to what it was, but I have no idea.

Sometimes, I think I heard voices in the light, other times it was like a star trek thing. One thing I do know is that I was hit by a ball of light that knocked me out for fifteen minutes, but was like ten seconds to me. I had three other witnesses there that proved it wasn't a dream. I would really like someone to email me about this please, and help shed some light on it. I can also add more in-depth descriptions about it.

This is not the first encounter I have had with the unexplained. There was also no sign of anger or bad thoughts, except the quickness of appearing, and then the light hitting me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mattfitz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-02)
keep in mind matt, that people have been known to have out of body experiences while under the influence. It is known that spirits are then aware of you, and you them. Some MAY try to take advantage of you, by trying to enter.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-02)
-mattfitz-

First I wouldn't worry about it too much if it only happened once. Are you sure the joint wasn't laced with anything else formaldehyde, pcp, etc...? Lastly about the dream you had the 4 and 20 thing made me laugh. 420 is a pot smoking term which my friend told me all about in high school. I hope you find the answers you are looking for. I am not discrediting your experience either, but also realize paranormally speaking drugs leave you much more vulnerable and open to entities which is not a good thing.

-Sydney ❤ 😊 ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
The James Randi Educational Foundation has a wonderful forum that discusses such things, mattfitz.
Http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=34791 What is great there is you can post questions and get some fairly timely answers.
I have also located you a link on IFO's (just take it easy, I am not saying alien encounter 😊. An IFO is an Identified Flying Object. Some of them are really interesting.) Perhaps if you could make a visual match, that would help you to see what kinds of research you should start, and would help in narrowing down the books to check out as well.
I would not say that you are possessed. I would think, by ten years time, you would have been made aware of the "symptoms" of possession. If nothing else, I would say that you had a "fly by night" encounter that causes no repercussions.
Well, save for the fact that you still do not know what happened completely that night, and that you still try to sift through what it could truly mean.
The rest of your comment really seems to point to Astral Travel. Or Etheral Travel. In that SOME see Spirits as glowing lights as well as moving lights, It would really sound as if the two instances are connected.
Thanks again
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
Hello mattfitz---Does'nt sound as if your experiences are the result of possession, but they are occult in nature.
You're wanting to get rid of the effects of the ball of light?
It may help to research your experience using related words for the search online.
mattfitz (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-28)
thanks all for you help on this. I guess I will have to try hypnosis or something. As I said before my friends had seen this light to. All I know is that since people come to me in my dreams now and I go help them. I can control my dream and do what ever I like. But this is because someone is teaching me inside my head. So if you say its an occult or demonic thing, am I possessed? Or was it someone trying to get inside me? Or just something that has now opened my mind. I mean I even went to the place where my dead grandmother is and she asked me how I got here. We talked about things, and she was awful to us as kids, but said sorry and said she can give me something. So was it that then? I have been thinking for like 10 years about what happened that day and I just don't know anymore. And again what books should I read.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
Mattfitz';

I've now read the entire set of posts for your account as well as re-read your post.
Related info on this subject reveals that there is a biblical and a historical link between drugs and the occult.
The base word here is "pharmakia".

Your description of some of the unexpected effects connected with your experience would be more revealing with other details included, and more helpful in assessing the overall experience.

Obviously, not all recreational drug use is bound to lead into occult experiences. The shift in your dream content and any other paranormal experiences you've had after that day easily bears a suspicious kinship with occult phenomena.

In your case, the drug used prior to your experience was indeed "powerful smoke"; that is, in the way of opening up your mind to occult energies.

It appears then, that, rather than being proof of some personal physical ailment, your experience was an authentic demonic/occult event witnessed by all present.

Spirit entities are expert at entering portals into our physical realm, drugs being one of many such portals.
Also, they are known to use physical forces--wind, pressure, electricity---to interact with us on a short or longterm basis. Accounts showing this are abundant.
Your ball of light was apparently one of these cases.

The comments by whitebuffalo are well taken, and could apply in other cases.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
Uh, yep, succubiluv, that is the point I was trying to get across with my "Barring all of THAT, I think I would have to suggest that you may have been a victim of some sort of medical ailment... OR, maybe you had finally relaxed enough for an experience of the Unknown to MAKE itself known unto you." Thank you for lending credence to my trail of thought.
Also good point, Easykiel. In my religious traditions, it is imperative during SOME ceremonies to partake of peyote. Hey, Now THAT IS a mind altering drug, but used traditionally for it's purpose. Not ALL participants of the ceremony have the ability to use it, but it is part of the ceremony.
I think it a crying shame that some will totally discount this occurrence as an experience with the paranormal solely on the fact that it was written that "We smoked a joint outside..." So what? I can see it if perhaps there were hallucinogens involved, but there does not appear to have been.
Thank you for looking beyond that statement and to the story itself. Good form to all who kept looking.
Thank you.
Thank you.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
It is also a fact that marijuana is not an halluciogenic substance, unlike such drugs as LSD.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
Interesting thought, Easykiel. The Greek word phamakia connects drugs with spiritsm. By typing pharmakia into the search engine, a site full of info on this subject appears which deals with the spiritual dimension of drugs. Paranormal activity is therefore historically connected with drug use.
Easykiel (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
Another interesting thought just occurred to me (or maybe it's not that interesting, I'll let you decide 😆)

A lot of people seem to have dismissed this because of your admission of being under the influence of a drug, assuming that the drug must have caused the experience. However, all that you need to do is look into the traditions of many ancient civilisations and of course of the indigenous peoples of some parts of the world to discover that the use of drugs in ceremonies of religious or spiritual import is widespread. Like in shamanic rituals is it not possible that, rather than causing a hallucination, the drug itself opened your mind up, allowing you to experience something that normally you would have ignored or been unable to see?

Just a thought.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
OOOPS---Just read your post. Others saw it too. Now that does make some difference, although one view might be that ALL present were under the influence. Literature on related subjects might be found online, starting with simple terms such as "paranormal lights".
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
This story is believable, but difficult to seperate from the drug factor.
Relevant questions might be: Did this particular experience repeat itself on a different occasion with no drugs involved? Has it returned at a time when drugs were used? Has it ever happened in a different environment? Did any of your friends see the light at any time during the event? Did anyone there besides you see or hear ANYTHING paranormal before, during or after the ball of light struck? I'm sure most of us would want some kind of insight or feedback on an event llke this. Outside of any other expalanation, that must have been some powerful "smoke" you guys had that day...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
😆 I will be honest. In the past I have avoided this story in that you admitted to smoking, but I have GOT to say something here.
In MY experiences with the herb, I tell you, My reflexes slowed so much that I could have had a full grown bull buffalo running full speed at me from the distance of fifty feet, and it would not have registered that I needed to move until it was approximately ten feet away. When it finally DID register, I would have probably thought, "Oh, COOOOL." or "Hmmm, I wonder if I throw a stick if it would chase it and bring it back?"
I DO NOT think that same buffalo would have turned into a ball of iridescent light and beamed me alongside my head causing me to be knocked forward, and unconscious. Neither do I feel that this light that you experienced had that same effect as you had lit one up.
I am curious, though. Was this the only time you had smoked (do not post the answer here, THINK through the process)? IF you had done so other times, what was your reaction to the herb then? IF you have only had such experiences after partaking in the relaxation exercise- think about this, you MAY be sensitive to that herb.
People have sensitivities to many things. There are those who can not eat strawberries or they will get hives. There are those who can not eat shell fish as they will balloon to thrice their actual size. There are some who can not be in the presence of those wearing too much perfume as they will need to run to the facilities.
My point is, KNOW your body and it's responses to certain stimuli. Often times what we "experience" are only due to things we encounter on the physical plane.
Barring all of THAT, I think I would have to suggest that you may have been a victim of some sort of medical ailment (low blood sugar, low heart beat, it is difficult to make an assumption as this was a few years ago) that may have been LINKED to the smoking, but NOT solely as a result of doing it.
OR, maybe you had finally relaxed enough for an experience of the Unknown to MAKE itself known unto you. Only you can truly determine that. YOU know what was going on in every part of that experience. Do not let others make that less than what you truly believe it to be.
Thank you.
Easykiel (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
To all of the people on here pointing to the joint, it's simple fact that cannabis doesn't cause hallucinations, so it's not that. However, I'm not entirely certain that this is supernatural either. Did you speak to your doctor about the black-out? Have you had any other black out's since?

Bright lights and hallucinations of this sort are often associated with oxygen starvation of the brain, which in turn will lead to a black-out. If this has happened multiple times it may be worth getting yourself checked out just to make sure that it isn't a medical problem.
UnlimitedLove (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
Many people have had similiar experiences, my dad, my brother, for example. They were surrounded by darkness and completely lost in it, and in my dad's dream, he could almost touch the darkness and felt this OVERWHELMING sensation of evil, but then he walked out of the dark room and had a gun on his back, sat down at a round table with people reading the bible... And another time (or it could be the same night) he hovered over his bed, when a GIGANTIC hand of light and fire hit him in the chest and filled him with peace. This was after he became a christian.

And dude, I know. The joint you smoked could NOT have caused this, I've done drugs before I became a christian and you need to smoke waaay more and maybe do some shrooms to see stuff like that;) And it's not difficult to feel what is from the drugs and what's not.

God Bless! ❤
mattfitz (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
well it was 1 joint and nothing else. This happened a few hours later. Now unless I created an illusion that 4 of us could see let's leave out that part and tell me your idea's on what this light that hit me was. I felt nothing when it hit. And I remember saying where am i.Is there such beings that can grant you power like this? No one got hit except me, but years later I still ask if they remember it and they do. Its really changed my life since then. But since then I have had a range of cool things happen to me in hundreds of dreams like dead people and being taught stuff by this group that call them self the 4 and 20. (no idea why) .Not to long after this I was on a bus reading a book and inside it was a ring pull off a can of coke. My G/F and I both watched this ringpull float up in the air and spin slowly then drop. So maybe if no one can help what books should I look into. Thx =]
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I hate to say it but the vision mught have been caused by this joint. It is hard for us to determine something if someone is on something. It is not that I don't believe the story. There is a chance that this was something paranormal but it is hard to determine what it was. I hope your not mad at us it is just hard to say what this might have actualy been. Thanks for sharring. Indeed I to would be scared. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-17)
I believe that this may be true as I remember my friend telling me a simular story about her 18th party...
But I also believe you may have just been hallucinating as you said: 'We smoked a joint outside' Sorry I couldn't be of much help but I was also wondering did any of your friends get hit by a ball of light? Or was it just you?
Thanks, Lily x ❤
Kisho (2 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-17)
Yeah, I had a similar thing happen to me once after getting an ice ball in the back of the head, and suffering a mild concussion.
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-17)
Dude, I hate to ask this, but: D'you take anything? I mean, you did smoke a joint, right? Maybe you were on something else afterwards, and hallucinated the entire thing. It's the thing with drugs, man, you can't be sure about what you experience. Still, it sounds quite shocking to be hit by a ball of light.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: