You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Black Figure

Real Ghost Stories

Black Figure

 

I have had episodes of sleep paralysis since I was young, but today I had an episode that I do not understand. I felt like I was lying in my bed and couldn't talk or move. Since this has happened to me many times, I know how to deal with this a little better.

I always feel as if there is a presence in the room with me. Sometimes, in this state, I am able to move around in my room after some time. Today something very strange happened.

After being paralyzed for some time, I was able to turn my light on and walk around my bed. I knew that I was still dreaming but it felt real. I wondered what would happen to me if I tried to hurt myself so I banged my head on the wall to find that there was no painful sensation. I very much just wanted to wake up but when I am in this state, it is very hard to snap out of it.

Then, I thought that I could open my window and jump out to escape. When I tried to do this, all of a sudden, a black, ghostly figure appeared. It slammed the window shut and I saw it put arms around me, as if to stop me from escaping or jumping out. I did not see it's face or anything.

Next thing I know, I am back in my bed, just as I had started, but now there is a black ring around my whole body. I felt like it was that black figure making sure I wasn't going to try to move or escape again. I tried to make myself wake up or turn my light on but to no avail.

I just naturally woke up, incredibly freaked out. I had this sense that the spirit liked me or loved me but I was resisting it, I wanted to escape its grasp because I was scared. I don't understand what would have happened to me or my personal spirit if I had jumped out the window and I am not sure why the "ghost" (for lack of a better term) stopped me.

Other hauntings by Annio11

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Annio11, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Annio11 (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-27)
I am pretty sure that I was not sleepwalking. I have had episodes of sleep paralysis for years now but this was the first time I had ever seen a figure and see its actions. I do believe that being in a state of being where your body is asleep but your mind is awake is scary because your mind isn't supposed to be alert like that.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
Wow this was a very scary story. I realy enjoyed reading it. Is it possible that this spirit was a family member? Maybe it was trying to protect you? Maybe an angel? Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
It sounds to me, also, that this black figure was trying to help you. If the black figure was only a dream, and not real (which I cannot say if it was only a dream or not, but if it was only a dream) it could have been something in your dream to keep you from hurting yourself while sleeping. For example, if I am dreaming and in my dream have to pee, I can never find a suitable place to do so, and I think this is how my mind and body keep me from peeing the bed. Or if I try to run in my dream but can't, this is how my body keeps me from running in real life. Maybe this figure kept you from sleep walking... Right out your window.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
Sounds a lot like sleep walking to me. Maybe this thing was stopping you from taking a dive out that window. If you were viewing your body from another place in the room then I would say an obe. But if I read this right you think you were dreaming and began walking in this dream state. Sleep walking and night terrors are common in people going through a hard time (stress) or having suffered some kind of trauma. This black ring you speak of was an actual substance left on your body?
FinanceMajor (1 stories) (64 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-19)
Hi Annio11,

I have been reading a lot about sleep paralysis, there are a lot of similarities that exist in your situation. I have experienced more than sleep paralysis.
I believe sleep paralysis may open a door to the spirit world. Phd Professor Robert Kuhn, tells us that Sleep Paralysis borders on fact and spiritual levels, we have a long way to go in referrence to understanding what is real or make believe.

He points out that if you believe its real, essentially it is. Your brain is telling your subconscious that these events are actually happening, the only thing you are missing is physical proof, which we need to convince skeptics.

We are still learning about the capacity of the brain and all its functions. I believe there exist some sort of bridge between the spiritual and everyday life we will eventually prove.

How do we prove energy exists without scientific instruments, atoms, protons, neutrons,electromagnetic. Once we develop better instruments for the spiritual realm, maybe we will have more answers.
Annio11 (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-19)
Thanks for your input, I think that maybe I should have not been afraid but I felt like I was trapped in my room and in this surreal dream. Upon reflection, I think that maybe it was trying to help me. I have never tried talking to whatever I feel present when I have these sorts of episodes. They are not always pleasant, I don't always feel as though the presences in the room are there to help me. Sometimes I feel like I am being choked. I know that this fits the description of sleep paralysis but this has been happening to humans for a long time, and in all cultures, it is seen as a demon trying to hurt you in your sleep.
bodoc (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-19)
hello, thanks for the story.
I have had very similar experiences, however I have never tried to harm myself in such cases.
A few times I have felt several presences in the same room, some try to get into my body, and one pushes me back in. How ever how hard I try, the one black figure always pushes me back in. I take it as my spirit guide watching and protecting me.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but like Brownie09 says it could be a loved one protcting you from harm ❤
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-19)
Annio11, Hi thanks for sharing your story. I myself don't think that ghost is there to harm you, but keeping you from harming yourself. Stating that you wanted to jump out the window.
It could be a loved one or something, I have always heard that bad spirits, would try to get you to hurt your self, and also that just because it was black doesn't necessarily mean that it is bad.
Sounds like whatever this thing is there to help you keep from doing something to yourself that is going to hurt you. Explaining as the ring you said was around you, it just probably wanted to be sure that you were safe and didn't want you to do anything else that could cause you to get hurt.
That is just my opinion, and sorry I couldn't be of much help. 😊 Have you tried talking to this thing, to ask it why it is always there? 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: