You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Moving Objects, Touching And Voices

Real Ghost Stories

Moving Objects, Touching And Voices

 

I have to tell somebody about these things so I decided to go ahead and put it on this site. I don't tell my wife about them because I don't want her to get scared, and I don't tell my co-workers or friends about them because I don't want them to think I'm crazy.

Just a little background: I'm twenty-six, have a wife and a two and a half year old boy.

We moved into a trailer over a year ago. Things were fine for about four months. Then things started happening. Not crazy or even really scary things, just things like I would hear footsteps pounding down the hall like when my son runs. When I go to yell at him to get in bed, he is fast asleep with my wife. A lot of times I will hear bits and pieces of male and females having conversations, sometimes even inches from my head. I hear children laughing through my son's monitor and when I go into his room, I can still hear it on monitor even though nobody is there. When I say something, they stop.

I stay up later then my wife and child because I don't have to be at work until later, so I'm usually awake when these things happen. I get tugs on my shirt when sitting on the ground and have even been what felt like pinched before. Things go missing and turn up later in odd places, which a lot of times I can write off as my two year old. Once, three weeks ago, I woke up to all the chairs stacked on the table in the kitchen.

Either way, something happened this morning that tipped the balance of what I can accept or try to explain away, and I had to tell somebody. I woke up earlier then normal and went to the kitchen to get a drink. What I saw shocked me. My son's entire hammock of stuffed toys were in a perfect circle facing outward and every single one of my books from my computer room were stacked in the middle of the circle. Shaken, I put the things away and have not told my wife. I wish I would have had the presence of mind to take a picture, or at least to wake her up and show her. I just don't want to scare her.

I don't really feel as if these things are antagonistic, but I am beginning to feel crazy.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MailOrderNinja, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

hope4ever (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
Oh and there is no reason to not tell your wife. She might scare easy, but there is a possiblity she has had things happen too, but she's worried about telling you. Often this happens with haunting of families, they don't share. It is probably best to tell her, it gives you someone to talk to and it gives her someone to talk to as well if she has had any experiences. GOOD LUCK! 😉
hope4ever (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
Sounds to me like a noisy spirit that wants nothing more to than to be noticed. If the spirit is bothering you send it my way 😉 Tell them to go find Hope and she will help the best she can. I can talk with them, see them and hear them. They are lost in their world and want nothing more than to be noticed. Picture yourself in the mall, its Sunday and its packed. You can barely walk and people keep bumping into you, and stepping on your toes. You can see all of them, but absolutely no one can see you. That is what it is like for them, they see everyone but no one sees them. They just want to be noticed. I agree though, it does sound like a child spirit, the moving things and you said you hear childern's voices in the baby monitor. I doubt they're wanting to harm you or your small family.

Good Luck! 😉
happy (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-03)
sounds like a child spirit hence playfulness and the moving of objects. Trying to capture your attention. I could be wrong. Maybe you should ask your wife if she has heard anything strange in your home. If not then why just you? Good story hope to hear from you soon 😊
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-25)
Well, depending on your descriptions, there seems to be a progression of events whether these indicate a need for communication or acknowledgment. I wouldn't take it to lightly if I were you. I'd put aside the "children's voices" or the "playfulness" of the energies for a moment and look at the events per ce. Whoever lives in your house needs to step aside and give you back your space. It is YOUR space now and it sounds like it's getting a little too crowded.
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
i agree with rstahley. Your wife may feel that you kept her in the dark. Ask her if she has noticed any changes in anything around the house or wiht your son. If she says yes then take it from there. Ask what shehas noticed and then make it into a discussion. That way she doesn't feel crazy, you won't feel crazy, and you guys can come to an agreement about what should be done next. It will all get better. Keep your head!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
Hi MailOrderNinja, welcome to YGS. Your story sounds pretty scary. You could try walking through the house, sometime when your wife isn't home, and tell the spirit/s to leave your home. Just be firm and tell them they aren't welcome there and they are disturbing you. Tell them they need to pass on and find the loved ones that are waiting for them. If you have certain religious beliefs you could use a bible, cross or whatever you feel gives you strength. It might be as simple as that for the spirit to realize it needs to pass on. There doesn't seem to be anything threatening happening but if things don't stop after that I think you should tell your wife. You can support each other and cleanse your house, do a smudge ceremony, she needs to help you with this. Thanks for sharing your story, I hope you find some help here and things quiet down in your house.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I don't know why but what is it with trailers. I used to realy like them but when I started reading about haunted trailers I had enough! Try reading FlutterofWings stories on this sight. It surely reminded me of your story.Anyways, I believe that this place is realy haunted. I understand why you do not want anyone to know about this. To be honest it is a good thing. The wife would realy be upset if she knew about the hauntings. I would suggest doing a smudge ceremony. You could find more information about this on our site. I hate to say it but this spirit may be a bad one. I don't know why but I just feel it. Thanks again. I hope to hear from you soon and take acre
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
Wow. Your story is creepy, but what really creeped me out was the part about the children laughing through the baby monitor. You can't keep these things to yourself. Well, you could, but I think you should tell your wife. It may scare her, but in the event that she experiences something on her own, and then discovers that you have had experiences too, she may feel like you kept her in the dark, and besides that if you want to get to the bottom of it all, it may be easier if you both try to figure it out together, or you may decide to move.

I was also wondering if your son has seemed to recognize any spirits or anything. I have a story on here about the haunted daycare I work in. The kids in my class are 2 and half also and they would do things like wave to the spirit or talk to it, and in one case, a kids was reaching his arms out, saying "please come here," so I'm just wondering if he has seemed to see anything, because I believe that children are able to see many things that we can't.
MailOrderNinja (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I wish I could share with my wife but she gets scared to easy.
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
I don't think you're insane, if you were, I doubt you'd be writing this. Anyway, a friend of mine has also heard children playing and laughing in her backyard, (mind you, her backyard is totally closed off from the outside) and she just ignores them.
I really don't think you should do that though, because they've obviously tried to make contact.
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
Believe me you are not crazy! Everyone will experience something like that. Maybe when you and your wife moved into this place and you had your son there it woke up a spirit of a child that just wants to play. Dont be alarmed and don't be afraid. Just take it in strides and see where it leads. If you want to tell your wife then you should. Maybe a mother figure is just what this spirit needs to help move it on. Just keep your head high and keep thinking that your picking up behind your son and it will make it easier for you to learn to deal with it.
DemonSora (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
your not crazy, this happened a lot to people, sometimes even my friends. Well if you hear kid laughter I think the ghost kid is trying to mess with you or make fun of you

God Bless
Karin ❤
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
Hi You not Crazy I had same Problem with this but diffrent like bang wall or knock, and Voice and Object moving.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: