You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Coffee Machine Phantom And Laundry Disturbances

Real Ghost Stories

The Coffee Machine Phantom And Laundry Disturbances

 

This happened maybe a year ago, in the same house that I am living in now, and have lived in for about seventeen to eighteen years. I am almost 21.

It was sometime in the morning, and I decided to make myself a cup of coffee, which I rarely do, but it was just one of those mornings. I put the coffee and water into the coffee maker, and flicked the switch that it starts to heat the water. Knowing it was going to take a minute to get heated up, I left the kitchen and headed to our computer room to check my emails.

After awhile I realized I had forgotten about my coffee, so I headed back towards the kitchen. You have to flick the switch again to make the coffee machine go from heat to the actual coffee making process. When I got there I realized the switch had already been pushed, and my coffee was waiting for me. I thought, well hmm, maybe it does just do it on its own? So I called my mom, and asked her if it does that, she says no. I asked my boyfriend if he had came in and switched it, he says no, he doesn't know anything about coffee machines. With the knowledge that my house is haunted anyway, I had no one left to blame it on but our resident ghost!

That has only happened that one time. The next event has happened multiple times.

This all started about two years ago. Just like the rest of the house, the laundry room/garage has always given me the creeps. The laundry room is located in a small room in what we call the 'far garage.' We have two, two car garages, and it is located in the furthest one, this 'far garage' has always been the epicenter for creepiness.

One day I was going out to switch the laundry from washer to dryer, and as I got there, I saw that both the washing machine and dryer lids were open, mid cycle. I just thought, okay, someone came out here looking for something and forgot to close them. I asked my mom and boyfriend if they had been out there, both said no. Seemed kind of strange. Then it happened again. Both lids open, mid cycle, nothing missing. Only this time I had been home alone the entire time the clothes had been going. This has happened maybe four or five times. It's not that I left them open, the washing machines lid is located on the top, so it didn't fall open. Plus, they won't start unless the lids are shut, so I didn't forget to shut them. Nothing blatantly scary, just unsettling.

I have yet one more story about the experiences I have had in my home, and it really takes the cake on full-out scariness.

Other hauntings by illusionation

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, illusionation, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-26)
Sounds like a past housewife or caretaker who has a liking for you. I'm not surprised you feel uneasy about the presence but at least it doesn't seem harmful-quite the opposite, it seems very helpful.

Thanks for sharing another experience with us.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-26)
Well I thought that some things could have been explained but when I finished reading this story I changed my decistion. There IS a spirit in your home. But its nice that its making coffey for you 😉.Thanks again for this interesting stoy. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
That's a very industrious ghost you got there, Illusionation! Very cool story.
aramos (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
Hello fellow washingtonian, sounds like somebody's having some fun with you. Like the other people who've commented, I can't wait to hear the cake taker... Good luck with your guest... 😁
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
Illusionation--Do you think this could be a ghost from before our modern mechanical age who is curious, baffled, and/or annoyed by electrical contrivances?
Perhaps if you went around to each machine and explained to it (to the air) what it is and how it works and why, the spirit could find peace. (Maybe it had to work very hard to do all the tings these machines do and is resentful?) Just a few thoughts.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
It sounds as if you certainly have an active house. I would love to hear more. I can't wait until you wirte the other one!

God Bless!
Easykiel (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
Maybe you should try and strike up a deal? If the ghost makes your coffee every morning then you'll try and keep the loud noises to a minimum 😆

Seriously though, this particular spirit doesn't seem like it means you any harm, quite a cool story though.
illusionation (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
I actually have gotten the feeling that they don't like loud noises. Whenever I'm in the house, and say, the buzzer on the oven, or chime on the microwave goes off, it just feels like someone is screaming at me! Like mentally I pick up on it, and I run as fast as I can to stop the noise. If I'm cooking something in the microwave I always stay close so I can stop it at the last second, in an attempt not to disturb them.
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
Illusionation, I have one thing to say. I wish my ghost would start my coffee in the morning! I always have to remind my husband to start it up in the morning, and most times... He forgets. As for what's happening in your laundry room/garage, sounds like a playful spirit. Maybe one that hated doing laundry in a previous life? Hates the sound of the machines? I'm at a loss.
I'm looking forward to your next installment. Thanks for the fun stories.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: