You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Strange And Unexplainable Occurences In My Home

Real Ghost Stories

Strange And Unexplainable Occurences In My Home

 

Hi, this is the first time I've ever asked for advice or comments on what I have experienced. Until now, I have just prayed and tried to move on with my life thinking that these incidents have some sort of rational explanation. I never sought other people's comments since I thought that I was the only person this ever really happened to. After reading the stories on this site, I realize, now, that I am not alone.

A couple of things have happened to me that seemed rather strange - all of which have happened in the past couple of years. About six years ago, I was lying on my bed, sleeping, when I awoke and sat up straight. It was between 2:00am and 2:30am. I didn't even feel sleepy - I was wide awake. I used to sleep in the attic. The strange thing is that of all the places for my eyes to fall on, it was a candle holder on top of my TV that it did. It seemed as though my eyes were drawn to it for some reason. It was a bowl-like shape with cut out shapes on the sides so that when a candle is placed inside, the light comes out in the shaped patterns. It was silver in color. There was a window just behind me and my curtains were light and translucent so some light came through from the street light. After looking at this seemingly normal candle holder for about 15 seconds, I was amazed. I'm not sure if I was amazed because of the fact that it was spinning on its own or of the beautiful light show it provided with the reflected light. Either way, I stared for what felt like about 5 minutes which is a long time to be staring at a candle holder at 2-something in the morning. Eventually, I laid back down and fell asleep.

This continued to happen for about 5 or 6 days. Every time, I would wake up and my eyes would automatically fall on the candle holder - no matter which way I was sleeping. It wasn't as if I was looking for it - it was as if it was calling me. I was never scared of it. I looked at it every night for about 3-5 minutes, then went back to bed. The last time I saw it I did get scared, however. I remember that that night I wanted to be sure that what I think I was seeing was actually what was happening. I sat up straight, looking at it. Before this I never really focused on it - I just looked. This time I wanted proof. I tried to zoom in as much as possible without leaving my bed. It was only after a few minutes that I realized that the holder was not just spinning but floating about 2 inches above the TV. This is when I was scared out of my mind. I slammed back down on the bed and tried to sleep.

The next night, I awoke at night again (around the same time). This time I awoke frightened and shaken. I didn't want to move for fear of seeing the candle move again, so I just lay there trembling until fall asleep from exhaustion.

I would like to know if this is something beyond everyday logic or if I have some sort of disorder. I have many other experiences to share. I would really like to understand what has been happening to me. Any feedback is much appreciated. Until next time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

arum (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-01)
Hmm... First, how old is the candle? If it's very old, it might contain a spirit. So if it's old then I advice you to remove it. 😊
Christ_our_Lord (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-01)
The mind can play many tricks on you. First of all, the part of you waking up can just be your biological timer that naturally wakes up at 2:00-2:30. Shoot, there was a point in my life where every single night for about a month, I would tirelessly wake up at 3:00-3:30 AM. That creeped me out but it was nothing. Also, if the candle is infront of you, I don't think it's too weird. Overall I just think it's something that's happening to you as something natural. I always see things during the night because that's what I'm thinking. Just ignore it and go to sleep. However, if you do believe it might be a supernatural occurence, then maybe pray before you go to bed and obtain holy water. That helps.
Kisho (2 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
Honestly, if it is happening and you're not just dreaming, and it really doesn't sound like you Are dreaming, it could well be that you've got a spirit who just enjoys how the light looks against the wall. It hasn't threatened you, it hasn't caused any damage, it sounds more playful or curious than anything.

And Carohlinexx, this isn't a "scary story" website. It's a site dedicated to the real life experiences people have had with supernatural occurrences.
carohlinexx (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-09)
No offense, but your story is completely detailed, and it gets really boring to read, and its not that scary.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-11)
I have to agree with Martin, video tape evidence would help in this matter. I do have a theory though, so please bare with me. I will need a little background info though. I will try to not ask anything too personal and you do not need to answer if you feel that it is. Have you in the past six years been under any unbearable stress, or have you experienced a head injury in that time frame? Not accusing you of mental illness or anything, just need it for a base line. Because my theory is that you may be causing this yourself. The human mind has an unbelievable amount of potential. We only use 10% of our brain can you imagine what the other 90% could do if we could unlock it. Stress and or injury have been known to sometimes, not always, but sometimes unlock hidden ablities within the human mind and there fore cause us to do things that were once unimaginable and sometime fantasic or frightening. If you don't believe this is the case and you still feel that you are dealing with a spirit then my advice to you would be to ask it to leave and go into the light and be at peace, or ask a Native American Shaman to perform a Smudge ceremony on your home to remove the negative energies. You can perform this yourself, but its better to ask someone with a bit more knowlege of these things to do it. Peace and God's love be with you.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-10)
Dear Karen, I don't doubt that this is occurring. You could just remove the candle and see what happens with it gone. If you think it is a ghost you could tell "it" out loud to leave you alone and pray for protection from whatever spiritual source you believe and are grounded in. I would also suggest to you and other readers here that a bedroom is a place for peaceful rest. Everything is energy, and if at all possible the best scenario for getting rid of unwanted energy is not to have electrical and technological devices right in your bedroom (TV, radio, computer, phone and so forth). Makes for better sleeping on those unencumbered electrical and magnetic waves leading to dreamland. It's always your choice what you wish to do or what to remove or not remove from your place of rest. Frankly, I would remove the TV and candle first and go from there as stated above. Here's to better nights to come.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-03-09)
Hi Karen, that's really intense. Do you think you could record a video of that phenomenon?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: