You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Missing Link

Real Ghost Stories

The Missing Link

 

I was visiting my boyfriend one night at his apartment. He lived in an old home, and had turned the basement into a television room.

We were sitting on the couch in the basement, hanging out and talking. He had recently given me a watch, and I had it on that night.

The watch had a silver band that was made up of links. The links had to be removed one by one to size it, then the clasp had to be reattached so it would close.

It was too big on my wrist, and I hadn't gotten around to sizing it yet. I held up my arm to show my boyfriend how big it was, and it suddenly fell off my wrist and into the couch cushions. My boyfriend picked it up and I put it back on my wrist. It fit perfectly. We looked in the cushions again and found the missing link - a link that would have to be taken off with a tiny screwdriver! I think a ghost that lived in the basement heard us talking about the watch and decided to save me some time and fix it for me.

Other things happened in that house too. I was sitting in the living room one night, alone. The TV was off, and I was the only one home at that time. I heard the kitchen door creak open. I got up and closed it, and when I sat back down, a loud BANG came from down the hall. I was the only one in the house at the time.

My boyfriend told me he has seen a man walking from the kitchen to the dining room - this man did not live there with him. The house is haunted.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AmyLynn180, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-07)
Wow nice story. Buty I agree with Surya thjat there are so many questions to be answered if we are to help. Thanks for sharring this story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-05)
Very good suggestion from you, TheUnknown. Often, a persistent investigation of home history reveals some answers not otherwise discovered.
Might help in making a decision in some cases about either staying put or moving on.
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-04)
Finding the history of a house is the number 1 thing to do for a ghost finder. Since the ghost is a good one,don't be too harsh with it,ok,because I don't like angry ghosts.
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-04)
That's a very interesting story. However, it seems that this ghost intends no harm.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-03)
Well, one thing about it; a fix-it spirit is a far more agreeable presence when compared with quite a few others reported on herein at YGS...
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-02)
Maybe there was a loose link on the wtach and when it fell of you wrist it some how adjusted itself.

Did you have a look to see what the bang was? Did you run from the house? Or simply ignore it.

You state your boyfriend has seen a man in the house. Has your boyfriend felt threatened by this man's presence? Maybe your boyfriend should look into the history of the house. See if he can establish who this man is, it may explain the loud bangs and doors being left open.
mike8887 (3 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-02)
'A loud bang' is what I paid attention to in your story. That happened to me twice... Loud bangs with no explanations. Very loud... In my house right next to me. I understand. I'm sorry, but I don't agree with the watch anomaly. Its too likely to have fallen off itself.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: