You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Ex's Brother

Real Ghost Stories

My Ex's Brother

 

A couple of years ago around the beginning of Spring I woke up from a very strange dream. So strange in fact that it really disturbed me and I couldn't get back to sleep. I had dreamed that I could see my ex-husband's brother's face in the sky. It was high up, like the sun or the moon.

The only thing is his face was gradually coming toward me. As it was getting closer his face was decaying and crumbling. It was really eerie. The next afternoon my Aunt Rose called me and immediately I thought something was wrong with my one of my parents seeing as how the only people in my family that call me are my mom and my sister.

I asked her where my mom and dad were. She said that they were at Dodie's because Jonathan had shot and killed himself that morning in his parent's backyard. I was absolutely stunned! Was my dream a premonition of his death? I have always been sensitive to things. I can feel things, see things, and hear things that not everyone else can. It doesn't occur all the time, occasionally though.

Anyway, I went to the wake and to the funeral. After all, he was an Uncle of two of my children. Like I said before, that all happened in the spring. I didn't go back to the house until the fall on Halloween when my mother and I were taking my kids Trick-or-Treating. We always took the kids there first and visited for awhile.

My kids both have there own room there and Sissy wanted me to come and see their new bunk beds. As I was walking back through the hall toward the bedrooms my chest started to feel heavy and I couldn't breathe that well. I could feel him near me! He was there. In the back bedroom I could see his shadow in the corner. Even though I had experiences similar to that before, it had never been with someone that I knew. It was one of the scariest things of my life. I had to get out of that house. I went back to the living room and told my mom that I was going out to the car. I was so scared.

The very next Spring I had another dream about him. In this dream he called me. We both knew that he was dead and that he had committed suicide. He was trying to tell me that he really regrets taking his own life and he wants me to help him go back and undo it. I didn't know what to say. I woke up feeling very uneasy about it. I called my mom to tell her about the dream. The weird thing is, after I told her about it she became all quiet.

After a long pause she said, "Don't you realize that today makes exactly a year since he killed himself?"

Again I was shocked. I really felt that he was trying to contact me. I just couldn't understand why. I was with his brother for many years but Jonathan and I were never close. Each and every time I go to their house I can feel him, I know he is there and I know that he is miserable.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RainbowBrite79, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-08)
Being a sesitive can sometimes be hard. There are things that we will never understand. I believe that Rhodes is right he chose you because you can see. I truley am sorry for your loss. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
nehajust1 (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-04)
hi rainbow.
Its really sad that jonathan committee sucied himself. Now he feel really regret for what he have done to himself. You stat that you never been close to himself. I have read another story on this site where a boy saw a little child boy sitting in his toilet, who was his girlfrnds nephew and was in coma going towards heaven. They both are also not so close but child have chosen him just because of his 'sensitivness'. Same condition applied on you.
God bless you.
Ibid (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-04)
Whatever the dead say is true as the dead live in the world of truth and we, the living in the world of deceit. We are given the sense, choice and time to perform deeds in this world. He can no longer perform any deeds therefore, is dependent on the living to do so for them. The deed of killing oneself is a grave sin for which he will be taken into account. As sleep is akin to death, the spirits can then meet in dreams. This dream is no doubt a call for help. Deeds of kindness, goodness, charity must be done on his behalf. Much prayer is needed for his soul to make recompense for lost time. If anyone is still mourning, this must cease as it just causes the dead to suffer more. This soul was troubled in life and will be so after death unless great effort in performing goodly, reward-deserving deeds, by those living, is made on his behalf.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-02)
Hello RainbowBrite79. I don't think anyone can offer you better advice than what you have received from James and Tammy. My prayers are with you and Jonathan- I pray that you find the strength to help him and that Jonathan can find the rest he's searching for.
Thank you for sharing your story with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-02)
Rainbow hi and thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I'm saddened by any person's choice to take their own lives and even more saddened by the fact that by doing so, they remain trapped in a world they no longer belong to. You ask why he chose you as his contact. I ask, who else could he have chosen to contact if they couldn't see or hear him? Obviously the answer to your question is because you are sensitive enough to "sense" the non material universe. As for what you may do, James has already made a good suggestion. Whatever your religion is or in general your belief system you must sound encouraging and confident when urging him to find and walk towards the light. Tell him that he is expected and will be welcome there if you sense that he fears eternal punishment. Think of him as a man who's afraid to follow an unknown path into an unknown world. Give him the encouragement and support he needs to make that step!
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-02)
Rainbow--Seems you ask a redundant question. Jonathan told you what he wants you to do, and though you cannot undo his suicide, you might be able to help along the healing that can mitigate the pain he caused. Since you're sensitive, you must know how to trust your intuition--say to the survivors what comes into your mind when it comes, and ask the Holy Spirit (if you're Christian) to help guide the words. It may not all that can be done but it's a start.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: