You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Shove In The Right Direction

Real Ghost Stories

A Shove In The Right Direction

 

As a means to avoid confusion, this post is about my resident ghosties residing in my house, namely Gran, Charlie and Kiddo.

On my birthday this year (March 2nd) my oldest friend in the world (Adb0423) and her boyfriend were among the guests. Now, as she has explained in her posts as well, her boyfriend has the same gift that Tim, my medium friend, does. But, after Tim was in hospital in January, his ghostly experiences, more precisely, his link to the spiritual world has been so diminished that lately they can't communicate with him anymore.

Anyway, at one point during the party, M (Adb0423's boyfriend) told her he had seen her dad in my house. Not uncommon, since my theory is that he is there to look out for her now that she is expecting a baby again. Especially considering that pregnant women seem to be magnets for spirits, and she is obviously surrounded by them because of M. However, neither she nor I were freaked out about the fact that her dad was there. What I found strange was that Charlie wasn't with me at all that entire day.

As we stood in the kitchen, again just the 3 of us, with the rest of the guests outside, it happened that one of my friend's little girl, Cay, came running through the kitchen. The moment she came barreling past us, M gave a little shout and jumped to the other side of the kitchen. When A asked him what was wrong, he said, "She just came running through here twice. Exactly the same way". A and I both had only seen her once, but he was adamant that she had made 2 identical runs through the kitchen. Which made me wonder if perhaps he thought he saw her but maybe saw Kiddo instead.

Since this little bit of weirdness occurred, I decided to ask M if he could sense anyone in the house, any spirits that is. He is not really comfortable sharing what he experiences, because he has been treated harshly by people who don't believe, so he gets a little defensive if you corner him about his gift. But he obliged. He said there was a lady in my house, staying mostly to the bedrooms. I asked him what he could tell me about her, and he said she seemed to have died not more than 50 years ago (1969 to be exact), and that she had dark hair and looked like my mom. So I knew he was seeing her. Then he told me that she was smiling. Really beaming with what seemed to be happiness. Then he suddenly looked me in the eye and started talking. His face was serious, yet kind, and he said:

"Why are you so indecisive? You need to make up your mind."

I asked what he was referring to, and he answered:

"You've been trying to decide something for a few weeks, you need to make up your mind."

And it dawned on me. 1, this was Gran talking, not him, and 2, she was referring to someone I had met whilst applying for a job (I'm not happy where I work and keep sending my resume out every chance I get). He had really wanted to see me on my birthday, and truthfully, I really wished I could have him there, but I was still very cautious and afraid of getting hurt by another man, so I didn't invite him to my birthday party. I had told him that it would be way too much pressure to have a date and have all my friends and my family there to contend with. This was very true, as I did feel it would be too overwhelming. He accepted this, but was hurt, I know that.

Gran continued talking:

"If you were forced to choose, would it be life or death?"

I immediately said life, of course.

"Do you think that hiding from the world is living? You need to take this chance and really start living your life."

In an off sort of way, she gave her blessing and told me to go for it.

Then M hugged me, and whispered in my ear "Happy 29th birthday my baby". And, just like that, M was back in control and apologising for what just happened. I assured him it was fine and he need not apologise, I was happy with what I heard. He had this dumbfounded look on his face and said:

"That lady is pushy; she doesn't take crap from anybody. I LIKE her!"

I couldn't help but laugh at that.

I took the risk and have been happily involved with this man for a month now. In addition, whilst I still feel Charlie really strongly when I'm alone, like at work, when I'm home and my boyfriend is there, the house is so peaceful and happy. Kiddo's room feels cheery any time I walk in there; he even stopped banging on the wall. Gran is focused on my boys more than on me, which is good, because she knows I'm ok. I know Charlie has been actively driving negative influences out of my life since he came to watch over me, I'm also convinced that Gran did her share of that too though. For now, while I can still feel them when I need them, they seem to be content and my house is peaceful and happy.

I had promised myself that this year I would give my all to find happiness; it seems my ghosties took the deadline to heart and got the ball rolling on the first day of my new year.

Other hauntings by triden07

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, triden07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-03)
Great account as always T! And as always, looking forward to more. I sincerely hope Tim is okay and on the mend!

(former lurker-finally stepping out) 😊
Adb0423 (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-24)
Hi Triden07

Sorry for commenting so late. Yes, M is VERY VERY closed on the subject of his gifts. I am more of a believer since I have met him and it has opened my world to new possibilities.

Im glad that it gave you something that you deserve in life - HAPPINESS - because that is what we all wish for you.

Best wishes for this next year of your life as well as in the years to come.
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-16)
triden happy belated birthday! AND I loved how your gran found a alternative way to communicate!

And I love how Charlie and kiddo are just there anyway to let you know your loved appreciated and well just alive anyway. 😊 Glad theyre there for you always!
Hotrod13 (141 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-16)
A very touching account very beautifully written. Thank you,trident.Say my hello to gran.
Peace 😁
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-16)
triden07,

Enjoyed this very much, did I. 😉

Thank you for sharing another wonderful and reassuring experience. Happy Belated Birthday and I'm happy that you found someone special.

Respectfully,

Rook
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-16)
Hi guys!
Thanks for the comments. The thing that really struck me about this communication with Gran, is that she communicated with flashes of images when she did it through Tim. But that night she spoke. Thank you for the birthday wishes too 😳

Narella
I am actually considering writing something, but it doesn't have to do with the ghosts. I went through a very hard time when one of my boys (I have twins) fell into a coma. I had written a lot of those experiences down over the 45 days, and my dad keeps trying to get me to write that story. Perhaps I'll get to writing my other experiences down too...
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-15)
Happy Belated Birthday! A wonderful story! Very - satisfying.
sonal12 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-15)
Although I've joined this website recently.I've been reading all of your posts for quite a bit now... I really must admit.You're stories are actually very very amazing. I literally wait for your next post! And yes belated birthday wishes to you! And congratulations for your decision on moving on and finding happiness! My best wishes to you!:)
Regards
Sonal:)
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-15)
Your stories are always so interesting. Have you ever considered putting them in book form?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: