You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: I Gave In

Real Ghost Stories

I Gave In

 

Let me start by saying Happy New Year!

I have had a fairly quiet few months until recently actually until 1st January 2011. Christmas was fantastic. New Year's Eve not quite the way we planned but fun nonetheless.

Where did it start?

It started with a dream I had New Year's Day at 7a.m. When we went to bed

The dream and what happened.

I saw three cats, Smoky being one of them and two dogs. One dog was black the other dog an Alsatian was undoubtedly Roxy. I recognised the wolf mark. Roxy was our family dog pet who died 17 years ago. Smoky jumped on to the window pane and started growling. I went to calm him down. As I was calming him down, I picked up the curtain and saw a black cat and a cute tabby sitting on the grass watching this black dog trying to get in through the window and growling. Roxy, the Alsatian, was sitting on the grass behind the barred fencing and upon seeing me lift the curtain to see why smoky was growling got up and starred directly at me. So that is the dream. Relevance, to my story, I knew I was going to meet my midnight stalker once again.

1st January 2011. I went to bed around 10pm having had only 4 hours sleep. My partner was in his studio sorting out a few bits. I decided I would lie on the couch watch a bit of telly. I asked my partner to come get me when he was ready to go to bed. I was lying on the couch all nice and snug, smoky was lying in his little basket. I was watching unsolved mysterious. The only lights that were shining were the lights on the Christmas tree, a very cosy atmosphere. I had incense burning as well.

I started slowly drifting off to sleep when I heard scratching at the window. My eyes opened and the first thing I did was look to where Smoky was lying, in his basket thinking he may have decided to go out as he always does the night time prowler. Smoky was in his basket asleep so my eyes moved to the direction of the window. I tried to look past the nets to see if I could see anything/anyone outside the window. Seeing nothing I tried to convince myself it was a fox or foxes fighting and throwing each other around.

Making no attempt to get up, I let my eyes look around the room and into the hallway. Fear seemed to be overtaking all the calmness. I started thinking of happy thoughts but could not shift the uneasy feeling. I could sense something was around me at which point I heard heavy breathing. I lay there listening, assuming it was me. I stopped breathing and could still hear the breathing. I don't know how long I lay there listening to this breathing, it always seems an eternity. Smoky got up and jumped onto the window pane and sat there staring at me and then at the door followed by his meow meow, he was scratching at the window wanting to be let out. I called out to Smoky but he was not having it, he wanted to go out. I got up of the sofa ignoring the breathing and let smoky out. I shut the window and quickly lay back down aware that the breathing was almost above my head. I focused on the telly noticing the temperature drop in the room at the same time. It was as if all the windows were open in my place. I felt sick, dizzy, my insides were turning. I tried hard to focus on what was on the telly as hard as it was. The breathing was accompanied by a smell a familiar smell that made me want to throw up. It seemed to waft in from the hallway. In my mind I prayed for protection and for all negativity to leave my home.

I saw myself trying to run from a grey apparition followed by my childhood stalker. The grey apparition tried to grab my shoulder. I turned around and saw the most hideous face. In its attempts to grab me my childhood stalker appeared in between and puff the grey apparition had gone. I found myself face to face with the man who has terrorised me for most of my life. Sharp features, tall, dark and slim. Crying I whispered "leave me alone, please". He stood there staring then proceeded to walk towards me. Walking backwards away from him, I found myself hitting the sofa. I sat down still looking at him as he came closer and closer. The tears like a flowing stream, my heart pounding with nowhere to run. My eyes did not leave his face once. As afraid as I was, I mean this is the man who has been with me since I was 11 years, I stood up and gave him my hand. As he took my hand, I whispered "do as you please".

Seated together on the sofa, his face was but inches away from me. I felt his hand, touch my face. Slowly travel down my neck. The closer he got the more I hurt. It was only when he had my whole body in his embrace, I felt the pain, and cried out for help. Just his touch hurt me. His body seemed to penetrate into mine. A painful experience. My partner came running into the room, He said I was shouting "leave me alone, go away, leave me alone". My partner made sure I was ok before going back to his studio. I did not sleep that night. I lay on the couch watching sky news but thinking of the nights events. More shocked as I thought I had got rid of this man. What shocks me more is I saw two men. Who is the other man?

I have not seen the midnight stalker in I don't know how many months but when he does re-appear his attacks seem to get worse. I woke up with a small burn on my hand. Thinking it was lipstick I sat there trying to rub it off. Funny it hurt as I was writing that sentence. It's almost gone. My arms have three scratches. I have not slept properly since as I can feel and smell he is around me again.

Other hauntings by Surya

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Surya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

suni (1 stories) (12 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
Hanging a cross somewhere is not going to save you from something demonic. God is the only one who can help you. You don't need exersism. This isn't the old testiment here. When that spirit comes to you again say in the most demanding voice you can "In the name of the Son, Jesus Christ, I command you to leave and never return." But you have to believe this will work. God has already won this war for you Surya. Now you just have to put your trust in Him.
Adolphos (62 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
Thanks for the smudging information, BlanknameSpace. I was looking for a cost-effective and tradition cleansing tool.

The two most important plants for the smudging ceremony are Hierochloe odorata and sage.

Hierochloe odorata is commonly called sweet grass in North America and holy grass in the UK. The plant is rare in the british isles, found naturally only at a few sites in Scotland and at one location in Ireland. Searching Hierochloe odorata inurl:co.uk in google returns a few vendors of the live plant.

Sage can probably be found from botanists.

Here are some instructions for smudging:
Http://www.asunam.com/smudge_ceremony.html
Http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/62607/how_to_perform_a_native_american_smudging.html
Http://community-2.webtv.net/ [at] HH!DC!1A!8C68FB640D86/Taimloyd/SMUDGINGCEREMONY/ - last includes some practical advice on house smudging.
nosuchthing (15 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
Surya,
I guess I better do my homework since it is obvious my understanding of telling someone or something to do as you please sounds to me like an invitation to letting someone or something be it real or imagined to go ahead and use me for any purpose they want good or bad. Instead of "do as you please" maybe you should have been more demanding or firmer with your shouts of "leave me alone" next time don't give in as quick remember just say no, unless in the end if you invite the unknown to "do as they please" you get what you deserve and maybe even in some twisted way you get what you want. Good luck with your troubles I do hope you will find peace.
BlanknameSpace (1 stories) (24 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
Here is my best advice that I can give, there's a native american ritual called smudging and it's a very powerful for cleansing your home.
I recommend you do so. 😐
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
Adolphos

Thank you for your comemnts. I will definitely have a look at the links you have added.

Surya
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
nosuchthing - thank you for your comment which has been duly noted.

Firstly I do not have an overactive imagination. If I did I have an overactive imagination, I am sure I could write something much more fictional and frightening wouldn't you agree. As for taking writing lessons, I don't think so sweetie, there is absolutely nothing wrong with my writing. As you clearly state I have a knack for telling a good story so there can't be anything wrong with the writing!

As for inviting trouble, I think you should do a little homework before making comments.

Thank you once again for you comments and reading my story.

Surya.
Adolphos (62 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
They are definitely demons, which may be attached to you. They are susceptible to holy things, as in prayer, holy signs and symbols. Therefore, displaying a cross or other holy symbol, as well as wearing these yourself will protect you. If it still manages to come close, hold these symbols up. There has been one historical instance when a demon was destroyed by a holy pronouncement:
Http://books.google.com/books?id=SW8AAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA267
Try this yourself, followed by "Destroy" and "God destroy the demon (s)!" Power and strength are important.

There is also an equipment that can rid a house or a person of negative ghosts or demons.
Http://www.hootenization.com/GhostBuster.html
Please note that there are often cleansing reactions, in which the person feels sick as the demon tries to hold on to the person.
ILuvKittenz (11 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
Oh my gosh! I can't believe that can actually happen! While fascinating,It's frightening and creepy. I'm not an extremely religious girl, but pray. Pray like you've never prayed before! And pray for others who have things like this happen!
nosuchthing (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
I must say this sounds like a fiction story. Terrified of something and yet saying "do as you please" if you invite trouble you get trouble. I think you have an over active imagination and should take writing lessons - you do have a knack for telling a good story.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
Thank you for your comment. Unfortunately for me it is all real. I think to get a better picture you may need to read my story slapped by a ghost. Thank you for the comment on my writing. Maybe I should make a movie where and when it will end that I can't say.

Surya
suni (1 stories) (12 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
I'd like to think this story is fictional. But you typed it out so imaginitive. I could literally play it as a movie in my head as I was reading.
If this story is true, I highly suggest you seek religious counsil. Ghosts are not real. Demons and Angels are real. And they come to us in the form of a so-called ghost. And they are either harmful or helpful. If this "stalker" is not helpful, it is not from God and needs to be rid of. Now. I am saying a prayer for you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: