You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Sleep Paralysis And Ghost Experience?

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Paralysis And Ghost Experience?

 

I am 19 years old and I've had about three PERSONAL experiences with sleep paralysis or ghost experiences. All within a months time and all happened about 6 weeks ago. I have had many others which weren't first hand but I was there in the room when it happened. These occurred within the months time and I will also explain a few of those as well. My friend told me about when he was sleeping and woke up to something pushing him down. He couldn't move but could talk. But it wasn't english. He spoke a language that was out of this world. Almost robotic like. He said that and it never really got to me, until something similar happened.

What happened with me was I went to college and moved into the dorms. I'm still living in the dorms as this only happened a couple weeks ago. My friend who had an experience similar to mine also came along for college life. We arrived August of 2008. First couple weeks were fine with no problems then one day my friend said he had something to tell me about the night before. He said he felt something over him. I too saw something the night before and just didn't want to scare him. But he brought it up so did I. I saw something dressed glowing in white pass by him. I only saw the lower half of "its" body though but I did estimate he was pretty tall. Around 5ft 9in (our heights) based on where his waist was and the bed was. It didn't touch him though, as he told me, just passed by.

The next night I couldn't go to sleep and I heard two noises in each of the corner of the rooms. They were like hah's. Not laughing but they sounded like when you warm your hands. 30 minutes apart. 30 minute after the last one while I was on my side facing the wall away from my friend and got pushed down from my leg and my arm. And it felt like something whispered in my ear about 1 in a way the same noises that was heard in the corner of the room. I didn't try to move as I was terrified. The feeling quickly passed after it said that. I knew I was awake because my eyes were open and I yelled to my friend but he was awake for about the same amount of time this was going on.

About a week later, I woke up to the early morning sun. Right when it rose so it was still kind of dark. I thought that if the sun was out nothing would happen so I tried to go back to sleep. I put my head back down and not even a minute later I smelt a sort of perfume/cologne mix as if someone was holding a magazine with different pages of perfumes and colognes in my nose. It was really strong so I couldn't ignore it. I turned over as I was facing the wall and before I could get my head facing straight up towards the ceiling something made that same noise I heard in the corner about a week ago. And pushed my head back facing the wall. This happened over and over again and while it was happening I tried to call for my friend over and over again as well but only gibberish came out. My friend finally woke up and saw me "twitching" (as he described it) he didn't say anything but he yelled out and I finally snapped out of it. I wasn't sleeping because my eyes were open the whole time. And after I had a full conversation with my friend. I wasn't scared this time. But I felt like it was trying to play with me. I was more curious than anything.

The same thing happened again. A mix between the first and second one but I woke up. It was pretty much more of the second one but I had a full on conversation with the "ghost". I don't remember what we talked about but the significance was just to know that I was sleeping. So I knew the difference between when I was sleeping and awake.

The same thing happened to a couple friends who spent the night in our rooms. They were two girls, named Kat and Miya, that were sleeping on the floor between our two beds and while sleeping my friend JD (my roommate) saw a figure near the Miya's feet (the girl closest towards him) at her feet. It was dark and she was dressed in black so he thought Miya was just kneeling down. He thought why would she be kneeling down at this time of night (around 4am) but he ignored it and heard a noise outside the window. He yelled my name and at the same time the girl closest towards my bed (Kat) yelled my name as well. And just then Miya told me to turn on the lights. I did and come to find out Kat (the girl closest to my bed) experienced something like she was being stepped on by multiple persons or multiple feet. Just like me she had no past experiences and she couldn't talk or move or anything. We also asked Miya if she was kneeling down, but she said she was on the floor, laying down the whole time.

I have no experience in ghosts or the paranormal. So I don't know if there are multiple spirits/ghosts in my room. Or if one is an adult and one is a kid. Or if one is good and the other is evil (based on the black and white appearance.) I have no clue what this is or what it wants. I don't think it wants to harm me because it hasn't. It just pushed me down. Hasn't. choked me or anything nothing to harm me. But like I said in my story. This has never happened to me before up until about a month and a half ago. I haven't had any experiences for about 2 weeks now by the way.

Thanks for reading because I know it was long. Hope to hear from anyone who can help or can fill me in with what they know.

Other hauntings by smr0930

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, smr0930, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sogni (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-29)
What gets to me is your claim of having had a full conversartion with a gosh in your sleep! It would have been good if you remember what was said!

I remember, a long time ago, I was sleeping in my boyfriend bed. It was at the early stage of the relationship... Had a strange dream... I entered a gymnasium, it was empty but for a chair in the middle of it, with its back to me. There was a young woman there, crying, quite upset. I approached her and asked her what was wrong. I remember our conversation very clearly. She said that her man was seeing an other girl, that he was not a nice person, not to be trusted and all that! The man she was talking about was in fact my new (now ex) boyfriend. I tried to make her feel better but she would not have it! She was very upset. I asked what her name was and soon after I woke up feeling THAT unconfortable. I asked my ex if he new a girl with that name, he denied it and I left it as that, thinking that I must be mad! Anyhow, 2 years later, I found out that, at that particular time that I had that dream, he was indeed having an affair with an other woman, whos mane was just like the one of the woman in my dream. And he was not just a quick affair, it last for almost 2 years, whilst living with me!

Now, who was that girl I dreamt of? All that I can say is that she looked just like a woman who appeared in my dream a few years later, who introduced herself (in my dream) as my dead sister (still born). She passed away quite a few years before I was born and there are no photo of her in the house; however, in my dreams she was of an age she would have been now if still alive and looks pretty much like me, just older.

I wish I listenned to her during my first dream as my ex, not only was 2-timing but was dangerous too. If it happens again (not that I wish you to) try to remember the conversation.

I had many "sleep paralysis" experiencies. I don't if they are dreams or real. I have been having them all my life and still disturb me very much. I know that they exists but I'm not sure...

Different people can experience the same stuff, in the same place at the same time, it does not have to be paranormal (although it can be)

I would get out of there asap. Change room and please keeps as posted!
manapuamang (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
You wouldn't happen to be at UH Manoa would you? In Hale Mokihana? Supposedly some kid hung himself there a while back.
Schism (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-14)
See, the problem I have with the sleep paralysis theory is that most of the time, people dismiss certain encounters as being this sleep disorder.

But when more than one person experiences it simultaneously, it suddenly becomes paranormal.

My idea is that, though our brains do produce a chemical that prevents us from acting out our dreams, I feel that sometimes this happens spontaneously as a reaction our brains have towards the energy of a ghost. Like, maybe something in our brains maulfunction when we are alseep as a reaction to a certain kind of energy.

Because I don't want to argue that sleep paralysis doesn't exist, because it has been proven by science. But there's also way too many examples of people who've experienced it simultaneously in a house that has been known to be haunted.

So I say it's both. I wish the scientific community would do more research into this phenomena.

Thanks for sharing your story!
real2all1 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-13)
well interesting story I have my views about this. Write me back and I'll share my views about this type of experience. 😊
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-13)
As Tonith has said I would have to agree with himn. I to thought this was sleep paralysis but since others have claimed of the same thing then I would say that this has to be paranormal. Thanks fro sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-12)
I would have said sleep paralysis if this had only happened to you. Being that others also felt or heard these presences I don't think you can just chalk it up to suggestion. It does have the same symptoms of sleep paralysis which you think you are awake but you are not fully awake meaning you can't move your body because you are basically still dreaming. All this aside, it does sound like there may be something haunting your dormroom. My suggestion would be setting up some video cams and sound recorders and see what you catch. Keep us posted.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-11)
Hi!

Scary story there. I think those are lost souls that used to pass by that way. I mean, probably they are souls that roam around the area and since they pass there all the time. As with the "hah" that you heard, it might me the souls "breath" and they just want to let you know guys that they are coming.
Seems, that the dorm you're living now guys are haunted. But, as long as the souls, does not hurt you, you shouldn't be scared, though with that experience, it will scare the living daylights out of you.

Have a good day.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: