You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange Happenings In My Apartment

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Happenings In My Apartment

 

I moved into my own apartment when my daughter was just under a year old. All the time, it felt as if I was being watch, or not even watched just that something was there. When we first moved into the building we were in a one bedroom suite, so we shared a room.

After about a month strange things started to happen, things would move, the tv would turn on in the middle of the night. It wasn't scary just gave me the willies! About six months after I moved in my Nanny passed away-it hit the family really hard. The night she passed away I had fallen asleep on the couch doing homework. I woke up at 3:18am for no reason but it felt like I was not alone. The next morning my mom phoned and gave me the news of her passing. I decided to ask what time she had left us and mom said the pronounced her at 3:15. To this day I believe she came to say goodbye.

Then about a year later my daughter and I moved into a 2 bedroom apartment in the same building. The first weird thing that happened was that my house keys disappeared-they were gone for a week. My sister, a couple of my friends and myself search my apartment a few times for these keys and could not find them. One week later they appeared where I remembered putting them down.

Then my daughter started to talk about the man in the window she said he was bugging her. Now first of all I was on the second floor of the building with no way to stand outside the window. After her complaining for a couple of days I put tinfoil in her window. That stopped her from seeing the man in the window. But every night when I tucked her into bed she used to wave to the corner of her room and blow who or what ever was there a kiss.

We have since moved and for the most part the weird things have stopped except for strange noises and the feeling of being watched.

Not too sure what to thing about my "stories" but any comments would be welcome.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mamatokar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mamatokar (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
Thank you all for your comments, they are some what comforting! I think sensitivity runs in the family, my mother has a gift of her own. And now my son has been scared to be in any room in my house with out a light on, he is only 3 and we have never talked about "ghosts" in front of him. I have since had a friends mom come and smudge my place and things have quieted down, but as soon as both kids are asleep it starts up again, I have never seen much but shadows, and lights flickering, which both have logical explinations, but I can't help but feel someone is trying to contact me. Any suggestions to how I can open the lines of communication? Any advice would be appericated! 😊 Thanks again for your comments they truly made me feel better! ❤
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-13)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I believe that children have the ability to communicate with spirits. There isn't a real explanation on why it is like that but I believe that children have a clear mind. I'm not so sure that your apartment was haunted by one ghost. There is a big chance that it had more then one. Your daughter was affraid of one spirit and the other spirit she liked. Maybe this is your Nanny or another family member. But it also could have been a good spirit that likes children. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
GreenNails (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-12)
Thanks For Sharing Your
Experiences With Us Readers. I Have Encountered This Before, Like A Pack
Of Movies Piled Up By The TV As If Someone Was Searching Through The Movies. And Hiding The Keys Part. I Have Also Encounter It Before. I Was Looking for My Mp3 Which I Left It In My Drawer, But Suddenly It Was Under My Dad's Desk In The Next Room. Which Should Have Gotten That Far, Whom Would Put A Mp3 under A Person's Desk? Thats When I Realized It Was A Ghost.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-12)
mamatokar, hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and I hope you'll be back to talk a little more about the encounters you had after moving out of that first residence.

Since you still hear noises and have this feeling of being watched, I was wondering whether YOU are the one haunted or whether something followed you to your new home. It's a little hard to tell as of yet.

I would also assume that both you and your little daughter are sensitive and therefore open to communication with the spirit world which can explain your different encounters. You sensed your grandma, you sensed something else in the house and finally that something else tried to make their presence known to you by misplacing your keys and making various noises.

As for the man your daughter saw, I would have to assume that the reason you didn't see him yourself was very likely because he chose your little girl to communicate with. I also think that HE was an energy attached to the house so probably a past resident would be a safe assumption.

I was wondering about the encounters you're having now. Is there a feeling of familiarity when you sense that "something" around you? I mean do you feel that you're followed by the same energy as before?

Thanks
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-11)
I don't know if you are haunted or the places you live are haunted. I would tend to think it's you. You may just be sensitive. That was wonderful that your grandmother came to say goodbye. Your daughter may have the same gift as you and being a child she is not yet jaded so I guess that is up to you as to allowing her to delvelope her talent or ignore it. I hope you are opened minded enough not to ignore it. I think if treated properly this gift can be one of positivity. Do you have a resident ghost who likes hiding your keys? Possibly. Maybe the man your daughter is seeing is the same ghost hiding your keys for attention. I'm glad your daughter is not frightened of it. You don't seem to be scared either which is a good thing. It's going to be interesting with the 2 of you in the house with sensitivity skills. It doesn't seem to be anything to be scared about so I hope that never becomes an issue. Great story. Thanks for sharing. Keep us posted.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: