You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Baby Noises

Real Ghost Stories

Baby Noises

 

So about a couple of days ago, maybe weeks now, my baby cousin Payton died. She was born a couple of weeks before. Now, this was kind of expected because of the shape she was in. Late birth, diagnosed with leukemia, they had to feed her through a tube that they placed in her nose because she couldn't swallow because it caused her pain. She had heart and lung problems, and even if she had lived through it, she would have lived a miserable life. She died and we went up to the cemetery where her funeral was taking place.

They were lowering her into the hole and we took a moment of silence. In that moment I heard a small noise, I could hardly make out but it sounded like that gibberish that small children speak. I thought nothing of it until we were on our way home, and I heard it again in the car. I was sleepy at the time so I thought that it was just my mind playing tricks on me. So I took a nap through the two hour car ride.

We get home and I ask my older brother if he heard the same thing, he said he think he might have but he wasn't sure. I released the thought and went upstairs. I am walking to my room when I hear it again! I again release it and head to my room. I lie down on the bed and eventually fall asleep in my clothes.

Around 1 or 2 I wake to the sound of a baby crying. It sounded EXACTLY like Payton the time they had to insert the food tube into her nose. I get up to change into my pajamas and the room is pitch-black, I'm not kidding when I say you can't see a thing.

Now, I've never felt safe at all in my room or anywhere in the house for that matter but as soon as I step off the grounds of the house I feel safe and at ease. A couple of people have died in the house, so I already know it's haunted. I rise from my bed and walk about two feet and stop, because I feel some kind of presence in front of me. And the crying stops. I reach my lamp and turn it on. I wipe my eyes. And I see a small child with a broken food tube in her nose, blond hair and blue eyes crying in the middle of my floor. I take a step towards the child and the vision vanishes.

I think it might have been my mind playing tricks on me but for about 2 or 3 times a week now I'll wake up to the sound of a baby crying. But only once have I seen my baby cousin, Payton, lying on the floor crying. What do you think it is?

Other hauntings by black_blood_bella

 

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, black_blood_bella, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rubymay43 (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-16)
I'm so sorry about your cousin. It is said, that spirits only haunt, when they don't cross to the other side sucsesfully. (no I'm not a Cristion if that's how you spell it) If you ever see Payton again, try talking to her. 😊 God bless you guys!
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
Does anyone have anything interesting or helpful to say about anything? Why are there random comments on 4 year old stories that say nothing? No one is arguing today? No one is suffering so much that they are in dire need of help? I don't want to get off topic, never. It's so quiet around here... Too quiet...I'm scared!
margierules (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-17)
i am so sorry. (god, I must sound like I'm just repeating everyone. Sorry.) I doubt that this child wants to scare you, and the chances of another dead child with a food tube through her nose is slight. God bless you and payton <3
lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-27)
I think it is your cousin. Payton isn't tring to scare you he just has no idea what has happened to him. It may be your cousin but I can't be sure. Does your cousin look like that apparition you saw? If it does maybe he wanted to say good-bye.
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-07)
That's terrible. I hope that poor little girl is at peace now. Maybe that's why she made noises for you to hear that her spirit continues and is now doing well.
brooklynbaby97 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-07)
I hate that!
When you know for certain you saw something and no one ever believes you, it drives me insane! And I tell my mamaw and she is a believer! 😨
katies (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-17)
❤I love this but I really have no idea! But I know some people who do! 😊 Just check me out if you
want 2 hear
black_blood_bella (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-09)
That's the thing, I've told my parents about it but they just think I'm being dilusional.
Schism (44 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Oh I'm so sorry! Such a sad story!

I do not think that the ghost you saw was your little cousin: (I got a REALLY bad feeling almost as soon as you mentioned the children talking in the graveyard. And once you mentioned the vision in your room, that sealed the deal for me.

I will tell you why. Payton died while still an infant. She wasn't of talking age yet. You heard a baby cry, as well as children talking.

Then when you got home and saw the spirit of a child in your room, I pictured a child older than an infant. Like a toddler. This is because the apparition had blonde hair, and all of the blonde infants in my family were virtually bald until they were almost a year old.

Infants don't die and leave toddler ghosts behind. This sounds like something cruel that fed off the grief at either the hospital or the graveyard, and is following you/your family just to further upset you. A prankster, like the others mentioned here.

I think it came from the hospital to tell you the truth.

The reason I say it's cruel is because it isn't doing anything to comfort. Rather, it's showing you visions of a child suffering with a feeding tube in its nose.

I could be wrong though. Could you describe how old the child in your room looked to be? If it looked anything older than a newborn, I'd have a medium to the house ASAP.
SnailBug (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
How sad. Next time you see the ghost, you need to explain to it that it died and it needs to go to the light. Your cousin sounds like she's confused, and if she hasn't crossed over yet, she's likely scared and lost. Do her a favor and help her out by telling her she died and it's OK to go. Sorry for your loss, what a sad tale.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-13)
Im very sorry to hear that your baby cousine passed away. It is times like this that I can not understand why little children must leave us so early. I agree with Jmak that this was not Payton. In many cases when a person sees a spirit that once was a member of the family the usualy never feel fear. Family members never would like us to be scared so maybe this is an explanation. I somehow believe that this maybe a different soul in your house. Thanks fro sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-13)
Hi Bella,
What a heart wrenching story, I am so sorry for the tremendous loss your family has suffered, my thoughts and prayers go out to all of your family. I personaly don't think the vision you encountered was Payton. The reason I say this is in response to your statement about never feeling safe in your house; I think you have a cruel prankster in your house that is using the sadness to "feed" off of. I don't know your religious beliefes but I would at least try to bless my room just to have a sanctuary from the negativity. Have you talked to your parents about everything you've experienced? It might not be a bad idea to do it. God bless to you and your family. I hope things get better for you soon.
crazygirl101 (20 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-12)
thats sad that she died but in a way good because she can now rest in peace and not live her life in pain
GreenNails (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-12)
Thats Very Sad. 😢 From My Point Of View It MayBe Payton. Because People Who Go To Heaven Dont Really Spook People And Make Scary Noises. I'm Sure Its Not Payton Because Babies Dont Knoe How To Spook People. Am I Right? Only ADults. So I'm Guess Its Not Payton, But Other Evil Ghosts In That House Trying To Play With Your Mind Because They Know a Close Relative Died.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-12)
Yes a sad story. I wouldn't think its Payton but another ghost out to have a bit of fun. Keep a journal of this when this happens, the time day etc it's nice to keep these to see if there is a pattern. I do this often myself.
Tydin (1 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-12)
Well in my experience strange things start to happen when there is bad energy around you. Like I experience some wierd things when I'm sacred or angry etc... But saying that, if you expect wierd things to happen the usually do, but that could be down to your frame of mind and your imagination. Who knows?
black_blood_bella (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-11)
well thank you both, I heard that ghosts feed off negative energy. I have felt kind of depressed lately... I hope Payton is in peace and isn't trying to tell me something if it is her. What do you think about the negative energy?
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-11)
Dear Lord what a sad story. My heart goes out to your family and the parents of this little baby girl. She wasn't suppose to be here but for a short time but I'm sure she made a lasting impression on all. I don't know what it is your seeing and hearing. Could it be grief that is causing this? I guess it's possible. You said the house you live in has always been haunted so I would say you are just senstive to these things. Is it Payton? I don't know. And if it is what is she trying to convey? Is it another spirit playing tricks on you as Tydin suggested? Keep us posted as to how many times you encounter it. From what you wrote I get the feeling you don't think it's Payton's spirit either. Whatever it is I would be telling it to go to the Light.
Tydin (1 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-11)
My thought is that if it is a ghost, it isn't your cousin. Maybe another ghost being cruel and taking advantage of the recent situation. Who knows, maybe ghost can hear what we are talking about and use recent topics to their advantage to spook us!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: