You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Something Dark Has Followed Me Home

Real Ghost Stories

Something Dark Has Followed Me Home

 

It was days ago; the event took place outside my apartment bathroom door. I was sitting on the toilet, sorry to say, and I was thinking as people often do about random thoughts, such as planning to start a new life, working harder at my job, talking to someone I have not seen in some time, basic daydreaming. It was about 3:00 am in the morning, being as how I am young and I was off work the next day I stayed up to watch movies and think of what plans I have into tomorrow. As I was sitting there with my mind off in the distance my eyes zoned out on an old robe hung from the wall in front of me. I then felt a slight chill to my body, it happens every so often but I only take notice, it never seemed odd.

When I was finished taking care of my business I waited a few more seconds to bare my thoughts. I heard motion coming from down my hallway, then a swift sound of wind. My door knob, I kid you not, started to slowly move, not back and fourth, but in and out like this door was being opened. Whatever was on the other side could not turn the knob first. I halted, all thoughts, all actions, and my eyes grew wider. I stared deep into the door for a moment and shivers when up my spine. Why? Because my roommates are newlyweds and they left the house about an hour before, they went to drink and I knew they were not back. I had little light on in the apartment; I didn't have any fans going I had no noise.

Then I heard some kind of god-awful breathing on the door. It was close, really close to the door, I am not exaggerating this story, it was breathing like it had holes in its lungs, and as though it had no lips, the sound came out like it was breathing and smelling the air at the same time. Surely whatever this was could have entered regardless of a simple wooden door, but it did not. It was huffing and wheezing outside the door. I recall the feeling of this creature moving from a tall standing point to a low lying down at the bottom of the door where it meets the floor.

My heart was racing, my head was pulsating with my heart, and I had a huge adrenaline rush, I could hear my heartbeat, and every other noise around me. I froze, this odd event lasted about ten seconds, not long but enough that I slowly stood up and put my hands in my pockets and waited by the door for several minutes before opening it. When I did finally leave I was nearly in tears with the thought that I was being hunted, and my hands for the first time that I recall were trembling; I could not stop them they were so shaky, it was beyond me.

This apartment I live in has nothing of value or any background stories, this thing has followed me home. I am a hiker, climber, nature photographer, and a caver- I respect what could be a higher being of light, but I am not however religious. I can not explain why this event took place, but I do believe it is still here with me, and it wanted to harm me.

I am in pursuit of this creature now, what do you believe this all means, and what is it?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RockTrollie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Lone_Wolf (36 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-27)
well if this happens to be anywhere near cheyenne, I'd be happy to investigate. There is an email address on my profile, feel free to update me there. Oh, point being, I'm a metaphysist out of cheyenne, wy and I'd be interested in your case. I'll admit, it's rare to hear of an entity being this overtly aggressive and specific, usually they're tied to a place or an object.
IrishPrincess (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
The next time you hear it, very forcefully tell it that it is not wanted and to leave immediately. Perhaps if it knows you are not afraid, it will leave.
weapon (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
hey rocktrollie

Your story is very scary... My advice would be DO NOT use ouija board... Those things are bad news and cause more damage then good... Idont knowf you believe in demons and angels... But I would say that's a demon in your house... And its scaring you cause it feeds of your fear I don't mean to scare you... But these experiences arent pleasant... I believe in god and in saying that I would suggest for you to pray... Pray for protection and ask god to take out whateva is in your house... In the bible it says that demons look for places to live... So that's a scary thought... Be careful and keep us updated
RockTrollie (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Schism, I believe it may be a possibility, but unlikely, and I do not fear animals, I have studied and explored every animal in north america, and then many more. But indeed it could be many things at this point, but it knew why it was in my home. Odd how it has not made the same apperance again
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Hey, I like Schism's idea about "it" being animal-like. Could it be the "big black dog" that a lot of people are seeing lately?
Schism (44 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
The way you describe its breathing and how you feel it stood up high, sniffed the door, then got low, and sniffed under the door tells me this is an animal's ghost. That is the way an animal behaves when it's trying to figure out who is behind a closed door and trying to figure out how to get inside.

On top of that, he couldn't use the doorknob. You said he pushed on it.

This tells me it was probably either a large dog/wolf or a bear.

It doesn't seem far-fetched to me that you would've caught its attention on one of your hikes and that he'd followed you home. And yes, it might be stalking you. Especially if it is a predatory animal that doesn't know it's dead.

I don't mean to scare you. And if you ask me, I'd much prefer the ghost of an animal than that of a mean human or a demon-type entity.

I wish you luck in sending him away, because it doesn't sound like fun having him sniff you out like that!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
RockTrollie, if you need more info on demons or ghost hunting, click on the relevant categories of our site and study the articles provided at the top left corner of the page.

Come back any time to share with us. Good luck with your pursuit although I would advice you to be extra cautious!
RockTrollie (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
and burglers were not the case, I know the sounds and my doors were locked, it was the first thing I checked when I left the bathroom. I was frightened, but I pulled myself together and I walked out of this with my head intact, so now I must find it again, and know why me. Can anyone offer places to find stories, advice, and gear of any sort so I can pursue this happening. Thankyou all.

Danny
RockTrollie (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
rhodes 68, your yes I am an adult and I do know reality form none. I will say I do not know how long it has been there, good point. And I do collect things at times, one if for sure I have been to very sacred grounds with indian vallies... So it might be so... But I know nothing of the paranormal I need to know what I am up against, I don't want to tred the wrong waters. This thing was too real to just blow off and forget. I have been told I may have a demon on my hands, weak minds that believe can suffer opening their minds to this danger
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-13)
All I know is that if I would hear something like that outside of the bathroom I would have been so scared, I would have fled to someones house and not be able to sleep in that apartment.

What did you do afterwards?
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-13)
As Rhodes pointed it out the mind sure can play tricks on us. After watching something that causes different emotions in us, the mind saometimes can not make the difference between reality and fantasy. But if others have had similar problems as you did then I'm sure that the mind was in perfect shape at the time. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
GreenNails (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-12)
Thank You RockTrollie For Telling Us What You Have Experienced. I Find It Very Odd, That You Have Done Nothing To A Person Or Ghost, And It Just Starts To Bother And Hunt You Down. But I Think The Ghost Tracked You Down Or Saw You And Just Decided To Follow You Home Out Of The BLue? I Dont Really Know But I'm Guessing It Just Wants Trouble. But If Your Saying He Wants To Harm You In Any Kind Of Way... Thats Very Ironic.
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-12)
Hey Trollie, that was pretty scary. I disagree with rhodes about the whole Harry Potter suggestion thing. You're an adult, right? I find it hard to believe you were scared by a movie like Harry Potter.

Anyway, maybe someone (a burglar?) entered your apartment, noticed there was someone awake and waited for you to come out of the bathroom? Far-fetched, much? I really don't know. Just humor me and check your locks before you go to bed.

The other option, the haunting? Dude, be careful if you mess with it, sounds like it might be aggressive.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-12)
RockTrollie
Your story is interesting, thank you fro posting it. I agree with Jmak, more facts = better chance to figure this out. Since youa are into nature and hiking, have you been collecting anything from your journies as souveniers? Do you have any mineral specimans, espicially anything that has crystalized, that has caught your attention? Although you do not dabble in the occult, do your roommates dabble, have a Ouija board, new jewelry or mineral samples? Just some possible ideas on where it came from.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-12)
RockTrollie hi and thanks for sharing a very interesting encounter. I have to admit I was a little disappointed when I read you were watching Harry Potter prior to the incident as that would suggest that the whole incident might have been an extention of what you saw on tv. Sometimes certain images have such a subconscious as well as unconscious impact on us that our minds confuse reality with imagination.

I'm not certain this is the case though so I'd like to ask you if your friends-your roommates-have ever felt, heard or seen anything out of the ordinary in the apartment. Of course, it's possible they haven't and still what you encountered that day was real. It's just a little hard to determine for the time being.

You wonder if it's possible to have been followed by something during one of your hikes. Yes, it is possible. Try recalling what happened on your last hike-if at any time you felt you were not alone or heard something you shouldn't be hearing. You talked about a robe that attracted your attention and the "familiar" chill down your spine. Familiar since when? Maybe what you encountered that day had been around for much longer than you think and just maybe it didn't follow you back to the house-it might have been IN THE HOUSE for much longer than you think.
RockTrollie (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-12)
Thankyou for the speedy reply, you do not have to feel bad for prying, you should, or we would not get anywhere with this you know? Ah so with that said, I recall climbing at a canyon called fremont canyon, I also visited a cave extending about three miles underground along a river. That very hour I was watching harry potter, ahah I have grown quite attached to the movies. Hope to here from you soon.

P.S. I have never practiced anything like a ouija board or tried spells or anything, but instead of trying to rid of this I am trying to experience it once more so I can better understand the true feeling, and the possible follower to my home.

Be good to you,
Danny
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-12)
Welcome RockTrollie and thank you for sharing your experience. If you could tell us where you visited before this took place it might help to figure out what that was. I'm sorry to ask but had you participated in any kind of practice that might have envoked this thing and caused it to follow you such as using an ouija bord or the like? Again I don't mean to pry but in order for us to help you we are going to need as much information as possible. I look forward to hearing from you again. God bless. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: