You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Moms House

Real Ghost Stories

Moms House

 

When I was around 12 or 13 we moved into the house, where my parents are currently staying, everything was fine for the first couple of months. My mom started watching my young cousin during the day; she was maybe 2 or 3 at the time.

One day Mom said she was in her room watching TV, when she went into the family room, to ask my cousin if she wanted to something to eat, my cousin looked at my mom and asked her "Who is the lady that was here?" My mom asked her to explain to her what was she was wearing. My cousin said she "was wearing a very long white dress" Mom told her it was her friend.

We gave no mind to this and figured it was just her imagination.

Mom quit watching my cousin as my aunt quit her job and stayed at home with my cousin.

Mom said sometimes when she was at home by her self in the afternoon she could feel something or someone watching her. One day she heard something break in the kitchen, like a glass dish or glass plate. Since she was asleep she figured someone came home, she went to the kitchen but saw no one. She was at home by herself.

One day when it was my turn to wash dishes, as always I would wait late in the night to wash them. I hated this chore and I guess I would hope they would wash themselves. This night as I washing the dishes everyone was asleep. I saw something move from the corner of my eye in the dinning room (the dinning room is to the left of where I was standing maybe around 10-15 feet) so I turned to look at it. It was a tall cowboy. He was wearing a plaid shirt and a cowboy hat. I couldn't see his legs, as the dinning table was in the way. I did see his waist he had a belt and a big buckle. He was walking or floating through the dinning room towards my bedroom.

The last experience that I know about was in my bedroom. My younger sister and I shared a room and we had two daybeds in an "L" shape, with a desk in between both beds. My older sister stayed in our room that night, she woke up because she heard "someone" writing on the desk. She thought it was me and when she turned to the desk, no one was there.

There have been no more experiences what do you guys think this was?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 1110PKH, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

1110PKH (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-15)
Thanks for you comments!
All I know about the house is that it was built in the late 1800's but it was built in a diffrent part of town and moved to the land where it sits at now, actually our house and the neighbors house was one big house I don't know if they ment to "brake" the house on purpose to get more money or if it "accidently" happened...
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-15)
Have to agree with ChrisB and rhodes on this one. Roving spirits or just residual spirits. Hard to say which.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Wow very interesting story. It seems to me that the house isn't haunted but the land of the house. I agree whith Rhodes that you should do some research about the land. Maybe you might find some very interesting things that would explain some of the spiriits you saw, I to would realy like to read other of your stories. Thanks again. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
1110PKH hi and thanks for sharing!

The encounters you're describing sound, at least to me, like drifting spirits;energies that were just passing by. If I were you, I'd try to research the history of the land the house stands on to see WHY this was some sort of path for the other dimension. Was it the house in particular that attracted the energies or what existed on that piece of property before your house was built?

Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: