You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Possible Ghosts Or Imagination?

Real Ghost Stories

Possible Ghosts Or Imagination?

 

I haven't had anything happen recently but I will give you an explanation of the layout of the area that I had this encounter at. There is a hallway on the ground floor of my house, it has my bedroom and next to it is my parent's bedroom. Then the wall cuts at a weird angle and there is a door to the bathroom there.

One time I was in the bathroom, getting ready to take a shower and I had the curtain pulled back. I was looking toward the wall because there is a hook there for towels to be hung on and I was hanging my towel on it before I stepped in the shower. In the corner of my eye I thought I saw a ghost that looked like a lady around her mid 20's. I am not sure because by the time I turned to look, she was gone.

In the bathroom you can also here noises like plastic sliding on the sink or sounds like people whispering. It creeps me out and I always feel like someone is home with me when I am home alone. That was the only time I encountered a ghost in my house to.

Also, there was another incident with a ghost upstairs. It looked like a girl in a cowboy clothing. It was around the top of my stairs looking over at one of the rooms off to the side. It creeped me out, and I turned around and returned to my kitchen afterwards. Since those two times I have never had an encounter with a ghost.

Any explanations will be appreciated!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ishima, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Ishima (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-01)
I haven't researched it yet, but when I do I will let you know what I found out about it okay?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
Sometimes our research has a disappointing dead end (sorry about the pun), and sometimes THAT is where our next round of research begins. Have you tried researching the war between the two... Territories? There MAY be some "shadowing" of the facts that could point to your location.
IF nothing shows up, no worries.
Not everything is a clear cut answer, and not everything HAS an answer. The important thing is that you try.
Thank you.
Good work.
Ishima (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
I have tried to research into the history of the ground that I live on but all I found out is that there were two indian territories that met right were the road runs through and that the indians had a war there.

Other then that nothing else really shows up, and everyone I ask can only tell me about the war, their not familiar with anything else happening in the area. Atleast not anything major as murder or anything like that.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-19)
Thank you, Ishima.
How interesting. Were you afforded the opportunity to look into the history of the land and building of the home to see if there may have been something that happened there? I would be (if this was my experience) curious to see if perhaps the young woman and the young child were connected in LIFE as they seem to be in the afterlife.
I see that you said it creeped you out at first. Do you still see them, and if so, are you still creeped out? I ask because the emotion that ghosts take with them when their life is cut short seems to carry through to the sightings in our time. Often times it is assumed that a being is evil, or bad, because we FEEL evil or bad vibes when we notice them. SOMETIMES (though not always) that is the EMOTION they bring with them.
For instance, and I hope I am not confusing you, If a young boy is accidental killed by a dog, when he expires he MAY be consumed by fear. When he comes as a ghost he is STILL fearful. It CAN carry over.
SOMETIMES our biggest clue as to what has happened to our visitors is in the emotion THEY posses. The hardest thing for those that SEE them is to separate OUR emotion from THEIR emotion. Peaceful death (as in sleep) seems to bring a peaceful ghost. Violent death (as in a murder) seems to bring anger, fear or a similar emotion.
Another big clue (and the one we seem to catch first off) is the style of clothing. You can catch an approximate date by researching the style. THAT could give you an approximate DATE to begin your research from.
I know, it seems like a long way around trying to find out where they come from, and why they are still here, but sometimes the research comes WAY before to act of going to the clerks office at the courthouse, and the newspapers archives. If you can pinpoint a TIME FRAME, your research can become easier. And it would appear that you are genuinely interested in finding out what is going on there.
Thank you.
Ishima (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-18)
okay. When I looked at her, she seemed like it was more of her time period then playing dress up. Thanks again.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
Thank you, Ishima, for your quick response. I appreciate that.
I see now what you mean. The little girl looked as the stereotypical view of a cowboy. Hmmm. Would you think her to be dressed in "costume", or in the attire of her time period? What I mean is, do you think her to be playing "dress up" as so many young people do?
With the added descriptions of both of these entities, I would DEFINITELY have to say that an Indian Burial Mound has nothing to do with the sight of either of them. Neither seem to be of "obvious" Native lineage. Those not of Native birth were forbidden from being interred in their "ground".
Thanks again.
Ishima (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
Thank you for the last comment whitebuffalo but to tell you the truth, I described the lady in her early twenties because I didn't get a clear look at her. From what I saw she had dark hair, that's the only real thing I remember seeing on her since it has been a while.

And for the girl in the cowboy uniform, what I was meaning was she was wearing a cowboy hat, and had a jacket of somesort and jeans. I don't know if it is cow boy attire but that's the impression it gave me.

And again, thank you for your comment.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
To tell you the truth, your last comment drew me into this story, as it closely resembles a comment I recently posted to one of my own experiences. At length, I will give you my opinion on that, Ishima.
But let us not put the cart before the horse, shall we?
First off, WATER seems to be an excellent conduit for Spiritual activity. You do not have to take my word for it, you can look it up all over the Internet. That is why MOST ghost hunting professionals will advice newbies to try the first hunt during a storm. Male rains seem to be a magnet of sorts.
Your first ghostly sighting was that of a female in her twenties. You did not describe her. Only her age. WHAT was her appearance?
The second sighting was that of a "girl in a cowboy clothing". Please forgive me, I am a bit lost on that explanation as well. The cowboys in MY region wear jeans, t-shirts and boots for work. But they clean up rather nicely. Could you describe her attire a bit more clearly, please?
And for your last comment.
I DO NOT believe that having two Indian Burial Mounds at the end of your road has ANYTHING to do with the fact that these two entities made an appearance in your lavatory. Would you happen to know why there were two separate mounds (you DID mean two total, and not four all together, two on either end of the road, correct?) at the end of your road?
That is quite unusual.
Natives do not have a special gene in their biological make-up that would promote a haunting after death. Their burial place, while sacred (but if you think about it, so is ALL burial land), does NOT contain a link to The Other Side and a portal for all to traverse between the realms. The land on which the mounds stand is no more holy than that of a Catholic cemetery, or any other kind either.
The fact that Indian Burial Mounds promote hauntings is a myth fabricated by the movie makers and book sellers to create the illusion of superhuman abilities by Native Americans. Our medicine may be strong, but it DOES NOT compare to that of the Great Spirit. We are NOT "able" to be STUCK and reak havoc after life just because of our lineage.
IF that were the case, we would ALL be living in fear of the retribution of the Ancestors rising up to wage war against ALL living beings, as ALL of America at one point in time was home to the Natives. At any given place, there MAY have been a Native laid to rest in the spot in which you stand. NOT all Natives were buried. Some were burned and scattered.
MEANING, that theoretically ANYONE could be walking, or building, on an Old Indian Burial Ground.
Thank you.
Ishima (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
Well, the road I live on has two indian burial mounds at each end of it. Could that contribute to it?
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
Yeah you could find out more about the house when it was built and also do some research on the area you live in. 😊 maybe research your family history. If you ever see a ghost maybe its someone who passed away out of your family.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I liked reading it. I believe that many things can be explained. Before we claim anything we first need to try and explain it in a rational way. But the Voices which you here tells me this might not be something normal. Try finding information about the house. Maybe the answer lays there somewhere. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Ishima (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-16)
Thanks for the comments by the way PrincessKatie, I frogot to say that earlier, sorry.
Ishima (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-16)
Ok,If anyone else has any ideas, feel free to leave some comments, I want to figure this out.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-16)
I don't think your imagining it. Sometimes they will disappear in a second because they are not ready for you to see them. Some just can't move and disappear in time just like the one I saw. He started panicking lol poor thing. Don't be scared of them its just like meeting a new person that's the way I see it.
Ishima (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-16)
Well, the thing is it creeped me out at first, I didn't know if it was real or an imagination.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-16)
Strange! Maybe your house is haunted like mine. I saw something blue in the corner of my eye and I knew it was nothing in the bathroom. It started to move. Then I looked and there it was a teenage boy ghost. I enjoyed reading your story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: