You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Last Message

Real Ghost Stories

Last Message

 

Since I was three, maybe a little older I could communicate with the departed. My Mom would stay up with me until the early hours of the morning listening to what I was saying and trying to understand what I was seeing and going through. If it wasn't for her I think I would have gone insane.

When I was 11 I burnt my foot with third degree burns and I had stay in the hospital for well over 2 months. While I was in hospital I went "school", basically a teacher would come in and for 2 hours we would do school work. The so-called classroom was down the hall from my physiotherapy; I would go and receive treatment for my burnt foot and then head off to the classroom.

While I was in the hospital I became friends with two girls. One was named Angela; she was a frequent visitor to the hospital because her brother was in for heart surgery. Then there was Meghan, she was a year older then me and she had cancer. I remember when I first met her she was balled and walked with a pole filled with tubes and bags. All three of us became good friends within that short period we did everything together. Anglea would come in the mornings and spend some time with me and then Meghan and I would terrorize the nurses station (ha ha).

Angela's brother was sent home so she said she wouldn't be coming back. I understood and we exchanged numbers and she left. Finally my last week in hospital came and I was so excited to go home. I got ready and went down to the classroom and met up with Meghan who didn't look all too well. I remember she said she had up all night and couldn't sleep but we still laughed and carried on.

My last day came and I was finally going home. I told my mom and dad to wait because I wanted to give Meghan my number and tell her I was leaving. I wheeled myself down to the classroom, peeked in but couldn't see her. I asked the teacher if he had seen her and he said she didn't come to class that day. So I went to her room, I needed a nurse with me on that floor because you had to be supervised and wear a mask. I went to her room but she was gone. I asked the nurse where she was but the nurse didn't say anything to me she just led me back to the doors.

When I got back to my room I could feel I heavy weight in my stomach, my mom was crying and Meghan's parents were there. I knew what they there for. At 4:15am on a Wednesday 1995 my best friend Meghan lost her battle with cancer. Her mom gave me a teddy bear that she wanted me to have. All I could do was cry. When I got home I went to my room and stayed there. I fell asleep and in my dream I saw Meghan she said there was a hole in her teddy bears leg and that she left something for me, then she was gone.

When I woke up I immediately looked for that hole, found it and inside was a piece of paper that said, "I'm Ok I'm Home."

Other hauntings by Ghostgirl24

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ghostgirl24, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CharyWithThePoltergeists (3 stories) (61 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-01)
I'm sorry about Meghan. A very nice story. I hope she has passed over into the light and a better place. Thanks for sharing.
aguss (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-26)
What an interesting and a sad storie you have... And I'm so sorry about your friend.
I'm speechless when I've read your storie... Your storie's reminding me to all of my friends who died when stunami attacked our home, it really hard to forget them, because they are really nice and friendly. But I think they live in better place now, a place without pain and suffering, and they will live forever in our deepest heart until we come, meet, and join them again... Thanks for sharing such a good storie you have... Have a nice day
LadyCynthia (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
What a wonderful gift! She was able to give a message to you in this painful time. It reminds us that Love lives on and pain is only of this world. And we will be reunited with our love ones at the end of this journey.
shobha (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
sad that you lost your friend. She is in a better place. You will no doubt meet her some day. God bless and keep smiling.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-27)
Im deeply sorry for your loss. Friends can become family. And its said to here that this type of family must leave us. But what a beautifull story. This just proves that there is a life afdter death where no one suffers. This was a beautiful story ghostgil24. Your one hell of a writter.
freaktips (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
sorry you lost your fren...
Its a beautiful story...
But I think she is in peace...!
Thanks for sharing the story...!
Ghostgirl24 (9 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
Yes it was hard, But Meghan is in a better place now free from pain and suffering and no more tubes! I feel like I kept her memory alive by sharing my story with you all. Thank you so much for reading it means alot.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
😭 snif, snif, that was such a sad story but a beautiful ending. I am so sorry to hear that you lost your friend. I also lost a good friend of mine and I was never able to say goodbye he died on a car accident many years ago. It was so nice to hear that she knew where she was going and that she would not have to suffer any more.
Thank you so much for sharing it must have been really hard for you.

❤
nich (4 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
so sorry bout your best friend... But that's a very touching story... Thanks for sharing it with us...
Joie (1 stories) (39 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
That is an amazing story, Ghostgirl! I'm so sorry that you lost your friend, Meghan like that. It is great to know she was able to come and "visit" with you in your dreams. I'm sure you will always have that teddy bear.
SnailBug (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
I'm so sorry about your friend. I wonder if she wrote the message before she passed away, since maybe she knew her time was coming? At any rate, it was so sweet of her to do that for you. Thanks for sharing.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
"Sigh" I am sorry that you lost your best friend to cancer and I to Lost my best friend to cancer in 1997 she had been born with cancer all her life for 33 years I was 26 that times. We both miss someone who close to each other and yes she too gave me something for me to have it. But One things THey can go home and have no pain anymore.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: