You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: The Bright White Light

Real Ghost Stories

The Bright White Light

 

I've already posted this on the physic experiences web site, but I didn't get many responses and there are a few people here that I would like to hear from and looking forward to their responses.

Here is a little information about me. I suffer from sleep apnea and nearly every night I wake up not breathing. Nothing is blocked; just the automatic part stops for some reason. All I have to do is make myself breathe. After several minutes everything is fine and I can go back to sleep. I do however toss and turn somewhat constantly because I just cannot stay comfy in one position for very long. I look at the clock quite often.

There are a few reasons why I believe what happened next was more than just a dream. I dreamt that me and a female (not sure who she was) were walking along a country road. I could see the green fields and trees on each side of the road and the beautiful blue sky. The mood was pleasant. All of a sudden everything changed to sepia tones (brown, tan, black) except for the sky. The entire sky turned pure white and was getting brighter and brighter. The air was filled with the sound of static electricity crackling which got louder and louder.

Scared, I started to run one way and the girl ran the other way. We then both stopped, looked at each other and then ran towards each other. She ran into me and was knocked down into the ditch. The noise and the light were so intense. That's when I noticed that an even brighter light was shaped like a cylinder around me and that I was being lifted off of my feet. I was terrified. I think the terror was what woke me up.

The moment I woke up, I felt my weight falling back down onto my bed. The intense light took several seconds to slowly fade away. I looked at the clock; it was 6:30a.m. I lay flat on my back and it took me about a half hour to fall back to sleep. I didn't wake up again until 1:00p.m in the afternoon. I was still flat on my back. I was very comfortable and felt refreshed. It was the best 6 hours of sleep I've had in a long time.

Does anyone have any idea what I experienced? I would like to hear your opinions.

Thanks for reading. Jim

Other hauntings by Jim565

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jim565, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jim565 (4 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
Mulder81-It was a blast! I really can't wait for it to happen again. Maybe next time I won't be so afraid. I'd really like it to last much longer. Just the little bit I did experience was just incredible. Thank you for responding.
Jim
Jim565 (4 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
I'd like to thank all of you for your comments.
Rook- Yes, I bounced as if I had fallen from some distance. As for the reaction to the colors changing, it seems I was reacting only out of fear for the unknown. As for the female, I can't remember her face and I don't remember being with her long enough to figure out who she was. Thank you for responding. I value your opinion.
Osa- I finally have a sleep study scheduled for the 15th of January. Hopefully then I'll get some idea how to handle the sleep apnea. Thank you for your message.
mulder81 (16 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-06)
Obe or astral projection. I did the same. But I was only asleep for ten minutes or so being extreamly tired when I went to bed. My story is posted as obe experience. It was kind of fun wasn't it? I have not had one since.
nmg5789 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-06)
Both of my parents have sleep apnia as well and one night my mom said that God came to her. We are all very devout Christians and my mom suffers from severe back problems and after she believe God came to her her back back felt better then it had in years. Maybe it was God appearing to you, I'm not sure if you have a spiritual life with Christ, but that is just a thought to ponder
Osa (1 stories) (70 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-06)
I'm thinking definitely OBE related. Perhaps you crossed just over the border to another plane. Ever read Carlos Castanada and his tales of Don Juan? Perhaps those books could help explain what it is you experienced. My husband suffers from sleep apnea, though more in recent years and with increasing weight gain. The longest I have let him go is 90 seconds. If you don't think that is a lot of time then hold your breath staring at the clock, which is what I do only it's my husband who is not breathing, not me. Ninety seconds is very looong. Maybe this girl in your dream was actually an aspect of yourself. Just throwing these ideas out to you. In all reality you hold the key to all of the answers in your dream. Keep an open mind & an open heart.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-05)
Yeah I have same problem like not breathing kind of like forget to breath when sleep.
But that of question sound like a dreams.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-05)
This sounds like an astral projection, an unconsious one, but one none the less. The 'cone' of 'brighter' white light was the way your astral body was returning to your physical body. Quite possible your 'guide' showing you/makeing you return because astral projection can be; well let's just say dicey, with-out safety precautions and such.

I need to ask this, as you woke up did you 'bounce' off the bed, as if you had been suspened above it by an inch or three? (that's what happens to me if I've gone 'out' without attempting to.)

When the colors started to change did the mood change or did it seem like you were re-acting more from a fear of the unknown rather than seeing/feeling something to be scared of?

Have you seen the female that was there with you before? In dreams? In real life? You may not 'know' her but she may be someone you have seen before.

Thank you for shareing this experience with us.

Respectfully,

Rook
Vintage (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-05)
I am not sure what it was. Well this a pretty random suggestion/possibility, but maybe that girl had Telepathy and was trying to tell you something. I can't be too sure what she was trying to say though.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-05)
This sounds like a possible OBE...I'm not sure. It could have been just a dream that carried over with side effects because of your sleep condition.

Thank you for sharing your story!

Blessings,
DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: