You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Dream Wakes Me Up A Lot

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Dream Wakes Me Up A Lot

 

I have been having strange dreams. These dreams happen early in the morning when I am in a dream state.

When this first happened I felt something pressing on the bed next to me. At first I thought it was my husband getting back in bed but when I opened my eyes nothing was there. I would feel this and open my eyes each time. Eventually I decided to ignore the movement and that is when I felt it press the bed against both sides of my body. I continued to ignore it and then it started hitting the bed to make me shake and wake up.

Sometimes I feel like I am already awake but other times I am just not sure and insist that I was asleep. It never happens when my husband is in bed, only when I am alone.

I decided to start getting up when my husband leaves for work and get on the couch. I never felt anything on the couch until recently. About a half hour to an hour before I have to wake up to go to work it does the same thing on the couch.

Well this morning when I got on the couch to sleep I was dreaming about something non-ghostly and suddenly I felt a tingle on the top of my head and I heard a snicker. I felt my legs get cold and a tried to move my arms and couldn't and I tried to speak and couldn't (this is how I know I was still asleep). I was forcing my eyes to open and I could still hear the snickering.

While I was forcing my eyes to open I could see a green image kneeling down by the couch by my legs. I was fighting to wake up and whispering screams "I can see it" and praying that it would go away. I wake up completely and my whole body is sweating except for my legs, which had chill bumps on them. It felt so real but when I wake up I see or hear nothing.

What is going on? I am so scared to sleep now. I want to say it is just dreams but they seem so real.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, amanda28, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Graceee (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-18)
Hello amanda, I know you haven't been on since last time I posted back, but it happened to me again.
I was at my dads house this time and I was laying in the living room under the fan...
I heard my uncle walking around then he went back to bed, then I started herainf footsteps and someone in the kitchen, I just assumed it was my uncle. I couldn't sleep and I started work at 6 the next morning so I was tryng really hard to.
I checked my phone and it was around 4
Then it happened, I had just started to get a little bit of sleep.
I started dreaming abut a slow tractor driver that was driving in front of us, I was on the side of our family 4WD... On the step holding onto the roof racks, the tractor seemed to fall down a ditch and the man in the tractor died.
When, I felt it press me to the bed, all my senses shut down, I went cold... But this time it was whispering something to me.
This time, I was petrified because I knew what was happening, I screamed help me dad (he was laying on the couch next to me), kicked my arms and my legs as hard as I could, for some reason I remember screaming "call 911" but here its triple zero.
It suddently stopped, and I jumped up waking my dad and asking if he would wake up, he said to come sleep on the couch with him, I layed next to him, and it was boiling hot, and I could hear what we later thought it was, "a poltergeist" tapping on the keyboard in the computer room.
I finally got him to wake up, and I asked him why he didn't help me, he said I wasent moving or screaming... I was just laying straigt with my eyes closed.
I told him I was screaming for help and kicking my legs but he said I wasent.
I couldn't believe this... I made him turn all the lights on and close all the doors, and when I wa sgetting ready for work, I could still hear it tapping on the keyboard.
Graceee (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-01)
Hi amanda, This happeneds at night when I can't sleep. I can only remember it happening once but I get this weird feeling its happened tonnes of times... Once I "wake up" from it I can never remember what it chanted... But I know its happened before because whenever I hear the chant I think to myself "oh no not again".
I still sleep alone but I try not to think about it and have something else in my mind at the time, or if you have a cat, dog or other animal, have them sleep with you either in your room or on your bed, my cat always freaks out whenever its about to happen, animals can sense if there's another presence in the room, so if my cat freaks out, I get up turn the light on, and call someone or watch tv.
sumner_fan (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
I've had this happen to me quiet a few times however it's never been accompanied by a green mist and it's happened while other's (either my boyfriend or at a sleepover) have been present. After a couple of terrifying episodes of dreaming that I was turning over in bed just to come face to face with a demonic image peering over the edge of my bed and not being able to move away, scream, or wake up my boyfriend suggested looking into sleep paralysis more. I found a sleep center nearby and they confirmed it for me. It still happens from time to time and my boyfriend tells me I'm usually as white as a sheet when I wake him up and tell him what happened but I always feel a little bit better knowing that they're just hallucinations from coming out of REM. If it's happing quiet frequently like it does to me you can find a sleep center near you and have you stress levels tested during your morning sleep. Hope this helps
Muaviper (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
Scientist called it sleep paralyst because they have no explaination to it. Of course, they are not going to go with a demonic being causing it. I have a few experience with it and all I could see is shadows of big fat beings to very skinny beings. This not only happens to me but my brothers too. This only happens in one particular room that whomever sleep in there will get to experience it. So, this proves to be not just any "sleep paralyst", but supernatural happenings. To fight it, you have to overpower it by moving any part of your body... Or yelling out Jesus name. Most likely, these occurance happens happens in places that has supernatural beings. Maybe, this is possessions being done at night.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
amanda28 and Graceee,

I agree with some of what whitebuffalo said. This thing wants your attention, and asking it politely but firmly to change its approach (or to outright go away) has a chance of working without causing it to become worse. I am not, however, convinced it is there for your explicit good.

If reasoning with it does not work, and your praying does not work, I suggest another approach be taken (or at least added to what you are already doing). Since this thing is making you cold and affecting you physically in other ways as well, it's influence is penetrating your aura. The best way to stop this is to deliberately harden your aura. To learn how to harden your aura, click on my name and look at my profile, instructions on how to harden your aura are there.

It is also possible that this thing is a thought form sent you deliberately by someone, something, or a group. If it is indeed a thought form, green, depending on the hue, is generally associated with one of these emotions Sympathy, Adaptability, or Selfishness. Jealousy (mixed with red or brown) has also been an emotion associated with green. In addition to aura hardening instructions, there are also descriptions of thought forms in my profile.

If it is a thought form, if you imagine it in your mind's eye as a man, that could be a clue as to who created it and sent it to you.

The good news is that hardening your aura will help protect you from this thing no matter if it is a spirit or a thought form. Aura hardening can also make you immune to having fear projected onto you from an outside source.

I hope this information helps and possibly makes you aware of options that maybe you did not know you had all along.
kye (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
Hi... I'm not sure about dreams but there are such occurrences to people who are NOT sleeping (but lying down) from what I hear (from people I know). In Chinese, it's termed (literally) "being pressed/lied on by a ghost". But your experiences are dreams so I'm not sure. I wanted to respond to Grace as well, because her experience sounds like the ghost-pressing thing, but I couldn't find how to comment to her on her profile page.
amanda28 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
Gracee, is it still happening to you? How many times has it happened? When does it happen to you (at night or morning)? What is it chanting? I just don't sleep when I am alone anymore so I do not have to deal with it. Hoping maybe it will get bored and leave. I am still praying for it to go away though.
Graceee (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
Hey My name is Grace and I'm 14!
I made this account just so I could tell you that this happened to me!
I was lying in bed one night, and I felt a tingle on my head! Mine wasent a snicker though, it was saying a phrase over and over again.
I couldn't move and my arms were locked togther... My whole body went freezing cold and then only my legs, I couldn't scream or talk... I tryed to open my eyes but couldnt, whenever I tryed to move my arms it would chant the phrase louder and louder.
I too was fighting to wake up, but couldn't see and I'm sure if I could I would have seen what you had, wishing it would go away.
I let go of my hands (they were holding eachother) and it all stopped. I was left with goosbumps and sweat.
It was the most scariest thing that's ever happened to me.
Please Comment Back 😕
Nevadaghosthunter (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
I agree with White Buffalo.
Tell this entity in as calm a voice as you can muster to leave you alone and to leave your house.
You are feeding it with your fear.
I know that you are Christian as you discussed your bible as a solace for you. That is a fine belief system if it is the belief system that your visitor believes in.
Have you thought about the possibility of this entity being a "nature spirit/elemental".
This may sound odd to you but they do exist. For some reason you attracted it and now you have to be firm and not frightened when you tell it to leave.
Once it realizes that you are not fun to tease anymore the party will be over and it will go.
amanda28 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
Thank you all for your comments. I truly appreciate them. I am still afraid to sleep. Once my husband leaves now I stay up. This has been happening for months (maybe 5 or 6) but I am only alone in the mornings 14 days out of the month. I know that when I cannot move, sleep or talk I have to be asleep so I know sleep paralysis is the reason I cannot move but I feel like something is pulling me out of that sleep. I wake up in a panic and fighting to get my eyes open so I know I am probably funny to watch and that may be why the thing is snickering. The green image did not look very big so it could have been a younger person. I feel like it is a man though for some reason or a teenage boy. The best way I can describe it is it looked like one of those infrared people without the red, just plain green. I could not see any facial features at all but knew that it was looking straight at my face. I fell asleep once more since then and it was the night I after I saw the green image. I slept with a Bible I was so scared. I did not sleep good all night and that morning I got on the couch with my Bible, covered my head and fell asleep. I felt something coming so I immediately started fighting to open my eyes before there was a chance of anything happening. I started feeling what I can only describe as a vibration feeling and could see a clear wavy image. I woke up completely. I have tried telling it to go away and that it did not belong in my house and that it was not welcome in my home and even tried to rebuke it out in the name of Jesus but I feel like I am talking to the walls. I do not even feel a presence there once I wake up. Maybe I am crazy. The only thing this thing is doing is scaring the heck out of me and making me read the Bible more and pray more. I know I have to trust God to take care of it but I still have the fear and I still expect it so my trust and faith must not be that strong.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
I read your story with great interest. You must be exhausted with the loss of those hours of sleep. When exactly did these dream start? Has anything happened that has stressed you out. Although Green is associated with life and renewal it is also associated with jealousy, envy and inexperience. As whitebuffalo states, and I would suggest the same thing, if you are uncomfortable with this presence, tell it to go away and leave you alone. Keep us posted.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
Well, well. Another one of those green misty things.
I have not read through the rest of the comments, amanda28, MOSTLY because expect them to mostly be about how SCARY this must have been. I agree. It probably WAS scary.
But I do not think the entity is meaning to be evil, or bad, it just wants you to sit up and take notice. That is why it does not visit you in your husbands presence. It is there FOR you, not him.
Take a look at that again.
It is there FOR you.
In the belief system that I live in (yes, that would mean that this is ONLY my opinion) Green is the color of growth (or spring, birth etc) and is a BEGINNING.
This is NOT a bad thing, this is a GOOD thing.
I would suggest that the next time this presence let's itself be known to you, (yes, I know, you are NOT looking forward to that) calmly state something to the effect of "Sorry. You are scaring me. Could you please make yourself known to me in a more gentle way?"
I know what most people will tell you. Most will tell you that fear is their food. While that is true, THIS being does not need to be "fed". This being is not trying to frighten. In addressing this being in that manner, it will know where you stand, and it may try to accommodate you.
Once it has been "set straight" you can try to figure out who it was, or what it wants.
If you are simply too uncomfortable with this presence, send it away. All you have to do (it is SOMEtimes a process, and you have to take "steps", but this IS the first step, and at times it works remarkably well) is TELL it firmly to leave your home (you are not welcome here) and to stay away from you.
Thank you.
quartertwo3 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-29)
I could be wrong, I don't know too much about it, but this sort of sounds like sleep paralysis to me. I'm sure there are many people here who know more about that than I do, but maybe you could try looking sleep paralysis up online and see if you think it fits what you've been experiencing. Hope that helps a bit.
Gorst (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-29)
These happen to me a lot by many different things I didn't believe in ghosts at first no religion until now but things and people will pull me out of my dreams into this different reality in my room somehow always but its the same sometimes I see the things somethimes I don't tho these only started when my cat ran away and seems to have died I only know this cause two creatures I am still curious about and my cat visited me the next day clear as day before I had to go to school.
Jazmine (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-29)
That is the same way I felt... I kept on thinking of my little sister,though. I hate it when this happens. But I love ghosts. I will say that I always pray to the Lord Jesus Christ that Iwill be all right.

Thanks, Jasmine 😊
Ghostgirl24 (9 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-29)
This seems like the actions of a child to be honest with you. You should do some research on the land on which your home sits you could very well be suprised!. In the meantime tell this presence that its not polite to wake people up while they are sleeping and ask it to please leave your home. If this doesn't work then pray pray pray and ask god to show this spirit the way home. Good luck and God Bless.
ElinaIoneki822 (9 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-29)
Oh wow, that is scary! I know that whenever I feel threatened or feel like someone or something is touching me, I always, always, always pray to the lord jesus christ in heaven to come help me and expell any "entity" or "thing" out of my house. It works everytime. I do not know your religion or if you have one but I am not here to offend, (sorry if I did!). Praying to whomever you seek guidance will always come through for you and also give you the confidence to fight your fear of whatever it is that is messing with you. Also, they feed on fear as well (whatever it is!) so if you stand up for yourself and tell them you are not afraid, that might work as well!

Good luck 😊
Elina

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: