You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Lost Child

Real Ghost Stories

Lost Child

 

About a couple of weeks ago at school, our science club was having a beginning of the year overnighter. I was really looking forward to this because I've heard many rumors that Moanalua High School was haunted. We went bowling until about 12:30 and when we came back, it was about 1:00 in the morning. The chaperone teachers said that we could go walking about the school at night as long as we stayed in groups. My friend Sarah and I loved the idea so set off dragging some friends along with us.

While we were walking around, I tried to remember everything I heard about this school. I thought I saw shadows or something moving in the corner of my eye but I just dismissed it as an illusion. As we kept on walking to the lower half of school, we realized that the lights in the boy's locker room were still on. We went downstairs; wondering who could still be there, but of course the door was locked. However, when we went to the other side of the building that overlooked our football field and the valley, there was an exit wide open.

We were all excited and hyped so we ran in without really thinking. Upon walking in, the atmosphere felt really weird. One of my friends who were really excited to go stayed behind saying he couldn't go in there. We left him outside. As we continued to go in the locker room, we started to notice a noise in the background that wasn't there before. It was the sound of water dripping and it was getting louder and louder.

We all thought this was some trippy joke and maybe someone from another group was snooping around the locker room, found out we were there and tried to scare us. To make sure, we spread out, checking every corner of the locker room including the shower. There was no one. Still the sound continued so my friend turned it off. We turned around to leave, it started dripping again. I can't remember who it was but one of my friends screamed. They was a pounding on the door so we got the hell out of there as fast as we could.

When I got home much later that morning, I wanted to see if there was anything in that locker room. When I looked up Moanalua High School as a haunted site, it said things like "Ghost in the Cafeteria," or "Near a Heiau" (A heiau is a burial site). It also mentioned something about the Boys locker room. A lot of sites said that there was a little boy in the locker room and often you hear him crying or the showers would turn on. The P.E. Teachers would leave the Locker room lights on at night so the little boy won't be afraid.

When I thought of the little boy, I felt sorry for being so afraid in there. When I think about him now, I feel bad. I wonder how he's been or how lonely it must have been staying there all this time. I know it's not a scary story but I wanted to share my experience with you.

Other hauntings by Nyieu

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nyieu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

poi4you (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
just to let you know, a heiau is NOT a burial site, but a temple. Where moanalua high school is there were no temples, but where the cafeteria is now built was the site of an old breadfruit tree which was believed to be the leaping off spot for spirits of the dead to enter into the realm of the aumakua. I am a 1976 graduate of moanalua, and there are many more stories about the school and some major ones that occurred while I was attending. So, yea, please before you start talking about hawaiian things, make sure you get your facts straight. Btw, did you know that the hills that surrounded aliapaakai (the old name for salt lake) had ancient burials and that when the school was built several human bones were found? This was all before NAGPRA so at that time, builders would just toss the bones aside and sometimes just throw them in the trash? Well, the bones from the hillside where moanalua stands were simply bulldozed under.
goombla (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-28)
what the heck! I left the overnighter early because my friend left. Dangit haha
MYsT3RY08 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
wow... I wished that I WAS THERE WiTH YOU GUYS! 😢 it would be an ADVENTURE FOR ME! HAHA!
ghostfreak14 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
aw that poor little boy, and don't feel bad I would have been terrified of going in
Nyieu (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-22)
Hey thanks for commenting guys. I was actually anticipating stuff like, 'You guys are so silly' and so forth. Actually, since my freshman year in Moanalua, I have heard a lot of things, most of which you can find in articles online. I've heard things like a face appearing in the girl wall (I've actually since a face on a yearbook picture), A cafeteria lady who won't leave, the lockers in the girls locker room opening and slamming shut by themselves and some guy named Ernie who likes wondering around. There's probably a lot more stories out there but I guess the more years I hang around and listen for the teacher's wisdom, the more I'll learn. Thanks guys <3
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
Wow this is a creepy story. I see that others have googled it up and found informnation about this boy! Wow this is quite excitimg to read. Nothing like a good ghost hunt. But not everyone can handle it. Heck I don't know if I could handle it 😆 >Thanks again for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-06)
Wow, It's good that you decided to share your experiance with us. I think that because your story wasn't that scary it also made it more realistic. I also think that the little boy is probably afraid to move on. That or maybe he just doesn't know how to. It's sad that he's trapped there, but at least the teacher leaves the lights on for him so that he won't be sad. I'm sure he appreciates that.

~Blessed Be~
kcampbell (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-06)
thats a great stories, how did the boy died? I want to know how. Good thing the p.e. Teacher turn on the light for the little boy I also want to know if the boys realize that the little boy died in the boys locker room. ❤ your story!
cassie00 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-05)
Wow this is a good story. I would like to know more about this school. I live in Louisiana and we have many schools and colleges that are haunted, but I would really like to hear more about this school. 😁
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-05)
Autumn thanks for the additional info and link.It's fascinating to read about the bond between the living and the deceased-a formed union between the past and present! Not all ghosts are evil, something some of us tend to forget sometimes. We tend to associate our fear with the experience per ce and thus, reflect our own expectations on the energy/ies perceived.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
For anyone interested, I found a different site than the one that Tammy appears to have been to (I saw that one too, I just "had" to keep researching...), http://archives.starbulletin.com/1998/11/04/news/story13.html
Very interesting. It would appear that a little boy is not the only one that still walks those halls. The best part of the recounting by the reporter is the fact that the workers and staff RESPECT the ghosts in attendance. It would appear that in return, they (the ghosts) are very fond of students and staff alike.

The fact that this is not a scary story probably makes it a bit more "real". It is all in the innocent activities of a little boy.
Do not feel bad, you had no idea what was going on there. All you knew was that the shower was dripping. It was turned off, and it began to drip again. How were you to know before hearing the stories?
I do have a question though. You wrote in your first paragraph that you were excited about this overnighter because you had heard that the school was haunted. What stories HAD you heard?
Thank you.
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
Good story. It saddens me deeply to think that there is a little boy trapped in the school, probably afraid to move on. I would try to talk him in to the light if you could.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
Thank you for sharing your story! I would've been pretty scared to witness that.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
I've googled the name of your high school Nyieu and actually found the reports about the ghost-boy you mention in your story. How sad but at the same time touching that the teachers would leave the lights on for him. I was wondering, do you know if there ever have been any attempts to contact this energy or maybe assist it in any way? It's so heart-breaking to imagine a little boy wandering alone in the empty facilities!

Thank you for sharing your story with us.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
Thankyou for sharing... Enjoyed reading your story. Aloha from the Island of Kauai, Blessings, Ghostseer

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: