You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Invisible Ghost Party

Real Ghost Stories

The Invisible Ghost Party

 

My story dates back to when I was about 13 years old. That would be about 14 years ago. I was staying with my aunt and uncle in a town 12 kilometres from my hometown. I loved staying with them, because they lived in the woods and I used to take long forest walks with their dog. Their house was, as I mentioned, situated in a forest and connected to another house. Here in Holland we call that "two-under-one-roof" houses but I don't know if there's an English term for that.

Anyway, I also loved to stay there because my aunt and uncle really spoiled me. They gave me lots of candy and stuff and allowed me to stay up really late for my age.

What happened to me happened at about 3 am. I distinctly remember because I had never stayed up so late and probably couldn't sleep because of that: I got over my sleep. That made me look at the clock a lot.

As I was lying in bed, reading I believe, I heard disco-like music in the far distance. I thought that maybe there was a party in town because out there nobody else lived for at least 2 kilometres and the neighbours were on holiday. (It was summer vacation) The weird thing was, the music grew louder as it came closer. At one point it sounded as if it was in the living room directly beneath me!

That freaked me out of course, but it also made me curious. So I wanted to check out what this was. But as soon as I stepped over the threshold (hope that's the right word) of the bedroom, the music stopped abruptly! I tried several times with the same result. I even woke up my uncle to see if he could hear it. But he couldn't, even in the room where I could!

It did freak me out but I was more intrigued than scared. The next nights however (3 more nights), I didn't hear anything anymore.

I still wonder to this day what it could have been. I didn't see anything, just heard the music.

I have had my fair share of experiences, but that was after this one and I'll save those for later. What do you think, ghosts having a party?

Other hauntings by dphoek

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dphoek, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Well, well, well---I am completely outdone for words!
This is one of the more interesting stories on here.
At first I thought it might have been neighbors whoopin' it up, but that was over by the end of paragraph 4.
Then paragraph 5 slapped the top off the whole thing for me. Wow.

Irresistible to imagine shouting out in the direction of the party music, "Hey---you got any Donna Summer!

😆
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
Wow what an interesting story. I realy enjoyed reading it. I believe that its vry hard for kids to understand what exactley is going on. Well that at least happened to me. We now know what paranormal is but back then we thoughjt spirits were in tv. But I think I was wrong. Thanks again.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-05)
Disco music?...Maybe a residual haunting from the 1970's. Yikes, that sounds like a nightmare to me!...Blessings, Ghostseer
dphoek (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-05)
Thanks for your responses. This was the first time that I indeed felt something when someone else didn't, so you can imagine that in the past, I have doubted my sanity a few times. My boyfriend knows about my "higher senses" and is very supportive, although he never had any experiences.

I think it was for the best that I didn't join the party with my music, I'm kind of into heavy (melodic) metal and I probably would have scared them away instantly 😜
Nexus997 (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-04)
ghosts having a party you should have attended as well lol 😆 I would have joined in but added some of my own music
kailyn0904 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-04)
i've heard 3 AM is the devil's hour I Never stay up until 3 AM because of what I've heard
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-04)
Why shouldn't they have fun? Thanks for the story dphoek;it was quite interesting.

It goes without saying that if you were the only one to perceive it, you were the only one who was sensitive in the house. It sounds like residual energy and you were in the right place at the right time to witness it.

I have to wonder what else you might have "picked up" had you stayed with them a bit longer.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: