You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandpa Visits Me In A Dream

Real Ghost Stories

Grandpa Visits Me In A Dream

 

My grandfather died on April 27th, 2008 of cancer/dimensia. I have a pretty big family and he was well loved by all of us so it was a pretty big blow. I took the news somewhat harshly.

A couple days after his death there was his calling hours then his funeral. They went quite well, besides the shedding of tears. I was OK after his funeral-everyone was comfortable with his passing now.

I don't know exactly when my experience happened but it was within a month of his death. Just to be clear, I was not tired at all that night, after his funeral I tried not to think much of my grandfather, as it was uncomfortable. So, I went to bed after a normal day, I was not stressed at all, it was just another boring day of school.

I went to bed that night relatively early, around 8:30. But I had the oddest dream. My Father, step-mother, and my Sister were at my grandmother's house, but my grandmother wasn't there. My Dad, step-mom, and sister were acting like they weren't there. Oh, by the way, the house was exactly like the way it is in real life. Not a picture out of place.

I saw my grandpa and I was shocked. My Dad, step-mom, and sister did not react at all. My grandpa looked amazing, like he wasn't even sick. I looked at him, and he looked at me. I said, spur of the moment "I love you grandpa."

He told me the same and then we hugged. He then stood up, which he couldn't before death, and he walked away into an incredibly bright light. It wasn't blinding, I just couldn't see into it.

I woke up crying. Do you guys think I was just dreaming, or it was real?

Comment. I need to know.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Collin395, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

chris654321 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-30)
My late grandfather always visits me in my dream and I'm glad I'm the one he likes to visit. I was his favorite grandchild because I grew up with my grandparents so it didn't surprise me whenever I see him and we communicate sometimes in my dreams. I have a strong feeling and belief that they visit you partly because they wanted to send a message. My unforgettable dream about him was when I was sittin' outside the house eating my lunch and I looked far thinking of something then saw a light from above. It was like a smoky-cloudy form walking near me and I finally saw the figure and it was my Grandpa. He was smiling walking towards me and was I so happy to see him because it felt so true that he was alive and looks so fine. He was even wearing a white long sleeve and looked younger! I asked him if he was okay and how did he lived when he already passed away. He said he only asked permission from HIM (GOD) and he allowed him to come down quick to tell us he's doing fine. He said,"I am okay and I'm happy now, it's nice up there, so it's okay." Then I cried, sobbed and he hugged me, suddenly I woke up with tears. It was an amazing dream and it really felt good. I only wished we could have had conversed longer. It made me sad though because then I realized it was only a dream and he's not going to be with us and see him smile like that in real life. It's been a year yet I still see him in my dreams couple of times.
jackie704 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-23)
hello my name is jackie my grandpa has been dead for 6 years he died of cancer well anyway my sister and my aunts are taking care of my grandma she has cancer now well when my uncle went to see my grandmother when he got there he was in her house and all of a sudden he saw a shadow of my grandpa standing in the room where my aunt donna sleeps the is the room he died in but then my sister says she also heard a female's voice and so did my aunt donna she heard it too well my sister was in the kitchen doing something and she turned around and saw my grandpa standing at the door looking out of it like he aways did and then she my sister saw him again staring out of the window in the bedroom where he died is this a sign that he is checking up om grandmother if so I want to know about the details you can e-mail at jackiepoobear [at] gmail.com thank you
Collin395 (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
Phantom, I don't know exactly when you left the comment, but thanks for it. I hope you figure out what your dream means, it sounds kind of odd, but I suggest Divination, it could help.

Sincerely,
Collins
Phantom94 (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
Hey Collin! Nice to meet you...
I want to tell you that I got same experiences with you.
My grandpa died last year. In my first dream, he gave me something by his inheritation letter. And in second dream, I saw that he was dying, in my bedroom. I don't know what it means.
In the third dream, I saw his spirit, and it was only me and my uncle who could see him. Then I talked to him, I said to him, "Don't leave me" and "I love you". I also saw my cousin, he had died in that dream but in reality he is still alive now and he is getting married. I saw a little girl's spirit as well but I don't know who she was...
In this last dream people who could see this three spirits were just me and my uncle. And I'm the only one who could speak to them.
But in reality, I can't talk, or even just see spirits. Well I want to, and I'm preparing myself to see them^^
That's all I can tell you. Maybe your grandpa just wanted to say that he loves you so much and he wanted you to know that.
Bye...^^
Collin395 (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-20)
Chris B and dreanergal72: thanks a lot for the comments! They mean a lot!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
Hi and thank you for sharring this heart felt story with us. To be honest with you I don't know much about dreams but I do know that spirits like to make contact with us through them. I think you did experience something very special. Your grandpa loves you and is in a much better plkace where he feels no pain. And that's all that matters. Thanks again. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
Collin thanks for the story and sorry about your grandfather, I too lose my grandfather in 2004 died in his sleep but he is healthy in heaven now and so is your grandfather and when our times we will seen them again.
Collin395 (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
Tonith, Thanks for the comment, and sharing your experience as well! -Collins
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
Dreams are one of the most common ways our passed loved ones can communicate with us. I think it was your grandfather letting you know all is well. When my mother died my sister had a dream that she was sitting with a group of ladies and they were all dressed in white gowns. She looked very happy and at peace and didn't look a day over 35. She was 65 when she passed. To this day I think it was just her way of helping us cope with her death. I had a dream about her as well but I didn't see her. In my dream she was calling me on the phone to tell me she was home. Then the phone just went dead and I remember saying to myself in the dream that I knew she was dead so how could this be? Then I woke up. I have always been thankful for that dream. Hope you feel the same way about your grandfather and your dream. Love doesn't die. Seems like we get to take it with us.
Collin395 (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
Jmak: I tried posting the comment right after you wrote it but it wouldn't work. Lol. Well thanks so much for the comment and I'm pretty sure it was my grandpa too
Collin395 (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
Rhodes68, Thanks so much for the comment. I really hope he is my guardian angel. I can't wait until I get to see him again
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
Collin hello and thank you for sharing a difficult and quite personal experience with us.

It IS the hardest thing to have to say goodbye to those we love especially when we know we will not get to see them for a long long time. No matter how hard that is though, think of two very important messages you received from that "dream". You now know that your dear Grandfather is once again strong and healthy and will remain so for all eternity and second that you were granted with this special moment when you got to chance to say your goodbyes and not only that.

"I love you" is a very significant and powerful statement when the ones they share those feelings are so closely related. Love becames the pathway through and beyond that "bright light".

Be confident in the thought that he sees you, he prays for you and will be by your side as your Guardian Angel. All you have to do is ask!
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
Hi Collin395,
Thank you for sharing this experience. I am sorry for your loss, I know what it's like to lose a loved one. You said that you took the news of your grandfathers passing harshly; it's that statement that makes me feel it was him. I feel he wanted you to know that he was ok and going to a better place. God bless.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: