You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Trying To Destroy Me

Real Ghost Stories

Trying To Destroy Me

 

I have been a believer in the supernatural world for as long as I can remember.

I used to be a very spiritual person when it came to my religion. I was told before that I have a third eye. I can see spirits and also see what is wrong with them, and try and help if I can.

Boy oh Boy! I did not want this.

My first "contact" encounter was when I was 8 years old. At the time, my father and Mother had been divorced for two years. My Father was living in Durban, South Africa, with his new family. My two real brothers and I would go to my father during the July and December school holidays.

My Dad stayed in what would be a called Charity Home. It was called "The Ark Christian Ministries". He had fallen off the wagon (being an alcoholic), and found this place, which was his refuge.

At night I would have to sleep in the living room. Being the only girl, I was not allowed to sleep with my brothers. I had been feeling uneasy the whole night, something about that room my Dad rented just gave me the creeps. I always felt cold, and could feel a cold sweat all over my body.

I struggled to sleep that night, tossing and turning. I suddenly felt very, very cold. So cold that there was a white mist when I breathed. I was facing the wall and could not get my body to turn. Something whispered "Roll Off the Couch". As I rolled, my body stopped in the middle of the floor. It was stopped by a being.

I looked up and started screaming. There was a figure of a man, he was beating the couch where I was lying with what looked like a huge mallet. His eyes where evil, evil beyond any words. My heart felt like it stopped right there. I jumped up and started running to my brothers room (to get there I have to run through the kitchen).

In the kitchen I skidded to a halt. There he was sitting on a chair in front of my brothers bedroom door, sneering at me. I will never forget that evil grin. I retraced my foot steps and ran to my fathers room, and jumped on his bed. I kept my eyes closed.

My Dad told me the next day, that the building that is "The Ark" now, used to be an old Military Base Camp. The area where my fathers flat is built, used to be the Prison Holding Cells for the prisoners brought off the ships (my Dad stayed close to the Harbor).

Whatever he was, he wanted to hurt me, and he is not the only one.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ratex, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

honeysangel (4 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-31)
Hi there

Im wondering who the person was that told you to roll off the coach? If it was the demon who wanted to hurt you why would he tell you to roll off?

Scary story though, you must have been so frightened. Just pray
joshmc28 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-23)
sounds like a demonic spirit or even an actual demon. TRy praying to god for protection 😲
cracklepaint (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-04)
lucky you got away.
I wonder if his mallet might have hurt if it actually touched you.
Ratex (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-27)
Oh, I did not know about the "Third Eye" that everybody has, its quiet interesting to know, I have been seeing things from the age of 4 years old and at first ignored it but since one of my sightings saved a family, I do not want to give it away anymore. I will post more of my experiences in due course. Thanks for the comment Surya
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-24)
Hi Ratex,

I would like to start by saying we all have Third Eye - The Brow Chakra or the mind center - The avenue to wisdom.
Back to the story, that must have been a very scary experiance for you. I would be interested to hear of your experiance.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: