You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Ghost On The Road

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost On The Road

 

I was waiting for my driver to pick me up. Standing in the dark, alone-tired and grumpy, I kept glancing at my watch. Sarah was late...AGAIN! I knew she had a good excuse, but the problem was... She always had a good excuse.

I imagined her making up something as she drove across the countryside. Her driving was bad enough as it was. You certainly didn't want her thinking too hard as she sped along country roads.

Sarah was a nice girl, but the Agency who employed her; let's just say she was hired for her flawless face, and not her mind. The girl was hired to drive, and she didn't do that very well.

Searching the roads in both directions, I watched for the tell tale sign of a speeding vehicle. Making sure to stand far enough away from the road was imperative- if you ever saw how the girl drove a car. If a car could take flight, Sarah would encourage it upward towards the freedom of the sky. The girl was in love with high speeds, and I always worried when I sat in the seat next to her.

No stop and start hesitation with her, Sarah was all pedal to the metal, and then some! My heart was always in high gear, when I rode with her. Listening to her chatter was unnerving. I wanted her to pay attention to the driving, and too often, I found her driving-down right dangerous. One of these days, she would kill herself or someone else if she kept driving so haphazardly, and I told her so-repeatedly.

Sarah would laugh at me, and tell me I was acting like an old lady. By the time she got me where I needed to be, I couldn't wait to exit the car. My hands would be sweaty, and my heart- beating out of control. She shouldn't get behind the wheel of a car, and she didn't get it. I wanted to fire whoever had given her a driver's license!

After finishing up yet another location shoot, I stayed behind to help pack up some photo equipment. Most of the crew had gone already, and I was left behind to await my ride. I didn't mind. It gave me some down time to think and relax. When I heard the Agency was sending Sarah-again...I begged for another available driver. There wasn't anyone else, and I was stuck with Sarah.

I knew it would be a long night, and I sat on a large stone near the road. It grew darker, and darker, and still... No Sarah! Another hour went by, and I was getting really upset. I tried to focus on the stars lighting up the night sky. It was getting cold, and I shivered where I sat. Pulling my legs in closer, I stood and stretched. I was angry, upset, and I intended to give Sarah a good tongue lashing. Taking out my cell phone, I dialed the Agency. The phone number for the Agency was going straight to voice mail. I left a long message, and hung up.

The air felt damp, and I shivered where I stood. It was probably around 2:30 AM, when I heard the sound of a car speeding along. The next thing I heard was the sound of a car skidding, spinning out of control, and smashing into something big!

Stunned by what I had just heard, I ran out to the middle of the road and stared into the blackness. There wasn't any light, no sound at all. It was as though it had never happened. This was impossible as it sounded like it was less than 10 feet away from me!

I didn't see anything in the dark, and I ran up the road. Nothing! The rational side took over, and I tried to reason it out, but there wasn't any way to rationalize the scenario. Standing there in the dark, I was more confused than ever.

Then I got a call on my cell phone. Another driver was coming for me. No one could get Sarah on the line, and the apologies were profuse. I wasn't sad to hear this, and I went back to the rock on the side of the road- to wait...

Five minutes had gone by, and I heard the shuffle of footsteps nearby. At first, I couldn't see anybody, but a faint glow appeared to my right. Someone with a dull flashlight was meandering down the dirt road where I waited.

I remember thinking "How odd!"

Why would anybody be out here this late? After all, it was in the middle of country, and the nearest house was probably 20 miles away. As the person walked toward me, I could see the light wasn't in front, but all around the lone person. No, wait, it was emanating from the person...

I backed away from where I stood, and slipped behind some brush. I wanted to see more, and I knew I was viewing an entity of sorts.

Staying as quiet as a mouse, I watched as the image grew closer and closer. It was female, and when she was five feet away, I could see it was Sarah!

I thought I would faint, and it was hard to stand there. My knees had turned to jelly, and I wanted to run away, be anywhere else than viewing the image before me. She stopped walking. Her face was a mask of confusion. At least, what I could see of her face. Half of it was missing, and the other half was bloody and misshapen.

I felt sick, but I knew what I was supposed to do. I stepped out from behind the brush, and Sarah stared at me in disbelief. She took two steps forward, and stopped.

I will describe what I saw as best I can. Sarah was surrounded by a whitish mist, and she glowed. Yes, she glowed a whiteness that hurt my eyes. Her collar bone was sticking out of her skin, and it moved as she swayed in place. Half her skull was exposed, and her face... Her face, it was crushed on one half, and misshapen on the other. This is the only way to describe it.

Sarah was covered in glass, and I could see pieces of it-sparkling in the misty whiteness. It looked like both her arms were broken from the elbows down, and her chest looked caved in. I had to look away for a moment... Catch my breath...

This isn't the first time this has happened, but it always takes my breath away. A newly deceased person knows my energy, and I have been told my Aura is visible to them. I can't see it myself, but it seems to be a beacon that calls the dead... Lucky me!

Sarah didn't seem to know who I was, but she spoke this one sentence,

"I am badly hurt-can you help me..." she said.

I went on to explain to her, as gently as I could, that she was now a Spectral being. She didn't believe me, and they rarely do when they have died tragically. It took me a while to convince her, but I was able to help her cross over.

My ride arrived not five minutes after Sarah was gone, and I fell asleep in the seat next to my driver. The next day, everyone talked about the horrible accident that took Sarah's life.

She had died instantly from massive trauma to her head and upper body. She had been thrown from the car, and through her windshield. Speed was a factor, and she wasn't seat belted in. She had lost control of her vehicle, and hit a large boulder on the side of the road.

I knew it! But it gave me no satisfaction to know she died instantly. No one should die like this. Sarah was 22 years old.

Other hauntings by ghostseer

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Italy

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostseer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-11)
wow, that's heavy stuff. I can't even begin to imagine how difficult and traumatic that would have been. At least you were there to help her cross over otherwise who knows how long she could have wandered
Thanks for sharing, I really like your stories

Hazz
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-05)
aww that story has made me really sad, and I can see from the story that you 2 were great friends, hope you are alright!

Princess123 x ❤
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
ToraOkami303:I never get over the fact that so many people choose to drive recklessly... My heart aches over the chaos and disaster it creates...Blessings, Ghostseer
ToraOkami303 (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
i don't know whether to cry about how she died or to puke about the wounds... I could really see it happening... You telling her she would get killed... Hearing the car... Seeing her broken and dead... Sending her away to the light... So sad... (though I must say she was stupid not to listen to you and I would have given her a good sock in the jaw when she was living if I were you)

Forever Confused,
~Tora~
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-16)
hey Ghostseer, thanks for replying.

You are right! You know... The only thing is you get to see the ghost and speak to them I can only feel & hear them (Witch is something I prefer lol!). Thanks for the info.

Take care...blessing...
Looney ❤
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-15)
Looney85: A Huge Aura eh?!...Mine too!, I get stopped all the time. Kauai is full of spirituality and people like me. I call this Island of Broken wings because most of us move here for a sembance of peace and calm. Your bigger than life Aura?...This means you wear your heart and emotions on your sleeve (even when we don't think we do this all the time...). Thankyou for reading, keep in touch.Blessings, Ghostseer
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-15)
Dreamergal72: so sorry bout the loss of your friend!. I know how bad the heart hurts!. Life and Death are intertwined. Nothing to fear about either. Live with love, love living, and you will be better than ok!...Blessings for Reading...Ghostseer
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-15)
ohh my god! That's tragic! I'm so sorry for what happen to her... And its strange how you were able to hear the accident... Let alone seeing her right before you... I'm glad you were able to help her out. I hope she's in peace now.

You know someone told me that my Aura is huge and that's how she found me... This persong (who ever she was) warned me from bad entities around me weird!

Anyways...take care and keep us posted...

Looney ❤
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-28)
I know what you mean about wreckles driving. I could kill those kind of people because they never understand that it takes half a second to ruin somebodies life. Just like that. But there is no point in teaching them after death. As you siad you were given this gift and you are using it wisely. What you do is something special. Your there last hope for those who are lost. Be proud and don't let anyone ruin that. Helping people is a great thing, helping pirits is a great thing to. By the way I went to your website. You are one very gifted photographer! Keep up the good work. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-28)
Hi ghostseer sound like my friend but she life, she like to drive fast plus she don't know how to drive I ask my other friend how did she pass her driver test that she not know how to drive they just pass her driver test I do not understand and I say one those day she or someone will get kill and yes she did got someone kill but still alive was my friend and her but later this year my friend died at his home.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-27)
ChrisB: Any life lost-especially from reckless driving, I get so angry... So upset at them. I always want to give them a tongue lashing, but it is too late to do this. What matters? Is making sure they find peace, and move on. I hate seeing Souls who have become "stuck" in a location. It is hard on my body to send them on, but I know it is "why" I have been given these gifts... I deal with it...Blessings, Ghostseer
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-27)
Tonith: I reported her to the Agency NUMEROUS times. I got laughter, as everyone was aware of her awful driving. Have you seen the majority of drivers in Europe?...It's crazy as there seems to be places where they drive around each other in mere mayhem. If a Soul has passed under traumatic condtions, I usually see them as they project their last memory. No, she didn't express pain, they usually are surprised they don't feel physical suffering, but they will project blood, cuts, etc...It's strange how that works. Oh, I have gifts... Not just one, but a few. I am a Ghost magnet, and so much more, and it is hard at times. What is funny is I don't go out looking for them... I am usually driving around, enjoying the beauty, and "BAM!"...I find myself in an area that calls me to come closer, or in the case of traumatic death... They come to me. I cannot see my own energy/Aura (I can see others) but have been stopped on the street by complete strangers, who can see my energy/Aura eminating brightly. I have been told by some that I have been given some very powerful gifts. I don't need to be told this, I live it... I deal with it, am quite normal.Blessings, Ghostseer
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-27)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. It is so sad that Sarah had to leave this world so fast. Its just sad. But I'm very glad that you helped her cross over. Thats e very special thing you did for her and be proud of yourself. She needed help and you were there for her. Thanks again for this story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-26)
Pretty face or not I would have reported her. I'm amazed others didn't as well. She was an accident waiting to happen and endangering others. Do you think it odd that she appeared in her injured body to you? While you said her body was disfigured you didn't say if she was acting like she was in pain. Just acting confused. I wonder if she appeared like that for you to validate her injuries once you became aware of them by the reports? Just a thought. You must be very good at what you do if you can convince a spirit it's dead and to move on. That's usually a job for spirit mediums. Maybe you missed your calling. Seems like you are a ghost magnet and highly sensitive. Again, don't know if this is a gift or a curse. Guess it depends on how you handle it and you seem to be ok with it.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-26)
Yes, she suffered in learning her fate, but she has moved on... This is a good thing...Blessings, Ghostseer
AussieRedDog (24 stories) (81 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-25)
Holy shiat but that was freaky. I feel sorry for the poor girl not knowing that she was a ghost but, wow!
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-25)
libertybelle: I agree with you. It didn't have to happen to Sarah, but as you said, the young... They rush through life-not realizing the consequences around the bend.
Blessings, Ghostseer
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-25)
As always, Ghostseer, a very straightforward and sensitive encounter.

22--Sarah hadn't even really begun to live, and the knowledge that her tragedy could have been prevented only adds to the poignancy.

It's odd, isn't it, how often young people are in such a hurry to live their lives, only to engage in risky behaviors that result ending it all too soon...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: