You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Whistler Revisisted 2009

Real Ghost Stories

Whistler Revisisted 2009

 

It has been awhile since I posted a story, but we have had two encounters in the last 2 months. The first is with my wife as she got up early in the morning on a weekend and made coffee. The rest of us were still sleeping. It was dark out and all was quiet in the house when she heard a man's voice say "Dylan". She turned to look and no one was there. This freaked her out, as I have heard his voice in a previous story. Many of us have experienced hearing our own name being said in by an unseen voice, but this was the name of her son, and he was sleeping.

Then just last weekend before Memorial weekend I was on the couch at 10 at night watching the news. Everyone else was in bed sleeping. I started to drop off a little and close my eyes during a commercial. I was still awake but kept my eyes closed while the news came back on. Then suddenly I felt a knuckle tap hard on the top of my head that made me jolt up fully awake to see no one around. My first thought was that I was sleeping and jolted out of it, but my head hurt. I could feel the throbbing on the top of my head. Something for real hit me.

Then I notice what was on TV. They were doing a spot on the news of a haunted theater in a town close by. I finished the end of it and my thoughts turned to the Whistler, what I call our traveling ghost, that often comes back here and I believe he wanted me to watch this and saw I was falling asleep, so he woke me. Just my theory, but I cannot explain the throbbing from the hard knock on my head.

Other hauntings by mulder81

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mulder81, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

mulder81 (16 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-30)
Raincolor

I think you are on to something here. He did want me to watch and was anoid that I was closing my eyes. We don't mind him around, hes more amusing than anything. We are not scared, and he isn't making his pesents very often.
melikas (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-29)
If you don't want him around or if you want him to stay but not to disturb, try telling him so.

He's not malicious or bad, just that he is a little disturbing.

Anyway, if you can manage not to be too scared, you could ask him his full name through evp.

Then you could find out more about your ghostly friend by researching the haunted theatre by his name.
raincolor (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-29)
Interesting. Have you considered the possibility that "the whistler" and this so-called haunted theater are connected? As a performer, I know that a lot of musicians whistle out of habit. So perhaps there's a connection. Could be a longshot, but it's interesting to think about.:)
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-28)
Talk about wanting to make his presence known, huh? Ouch! That rap on the head must have really hurt. How interesting that the story on TV was about a haunted theater.

Jennifer ❤
SummerEclipse22 (6 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-28)
nice story.

The whistler might have done that to say he hasn't forgootten about you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: