You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Flashing Lights And Scraping Footsteps

Real Ghost Stories

Flashing Lights And Scraping Footsteps

 

One time in Chesterfield, my cousin, aunt, mom, friend, and I were camping and we were talking about a ghost that followed my aunt around since she was 7. She saw it by looking out her window and seeing a girl that was wearing a white dress. Well once she finished her story, we had to go to bed.

I woke up for no reason and I heard a scraping foot steps outside the tent but everyone was in our tent so no one could be outside. I looked out from the door and saw a white figure of the girl my aunt had described. I didn't tell my aunt because she hates to be woken, so I just went back to bed thinking of the girl.

The next morning I asked my friend if she heard anything and she said she heard a scraping sound but she thought it was someone outside (I didn't ask my cousin because she is a big tattle-tale and if I told her she would have told everyone). My aunt apparently forgot to say that the girl liked to play pranks on people. So, the next night I felt someone tickling me, poking me and it was really annoying.

Another incident with the girl was when me and my cousin were sleeping in the basement when I noticed that the lights were going brighter and dimmer because we have those kind of lights but you have to twist the knob. So I asked my cousin if she noticed it to but as soon as she said "no" the lights went totally pitched black and went back on really bright, brighter than it should have, then it went normal again.

I got really scared because I know the lights aren't supposed to do that so I yelled for my aunt and said "Tell your ghost to stop bothering us!" and she could hear the fear in my voice because she practically flew down the steps. I started to hear my cousin cry and knew my voice had probably scared her. I also heard a soft whimper not of my cousin and I heard "I just wanted to get her attention, I'm sorry".

Those are the only time that I have had incidents with the girl, but I probably will have more when my aunt comes over again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, boredghost247, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

boredghost247 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-13)
KimSouthO- I haven't had any other experiences with her because it only happens when my aunt is around.
boredghost247 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-13)
Tonith- My aunt has heard the ghost talk to her but I don't know if she heard it that time. She is pretty calm with it following her around and I guess she hasn't been thinking about sending her into the light. I'll tell her the next time I can.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
SXounds like quite a few coincedences in a row. It would have frightened me as well, given the circumstances.

Have you experienced any further occurances?

God Bless!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
I could say this is the power of suggestion but you were not the only one experiencing it. What you heard at the camp grounds was heard by another person as well. What happened in the basement could have been a power surge or something with the electrical system. Did you hear the voice of the ghost in your head or audibly? Has she ever spoken to your aunt? Is your aunt ok with it following her or is it time to try and send this spirit on to the Light? I guess that would be up to your aunt. For myself I would want the spirit to move forward and not be caught inbetween worlds.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: