You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Dark Figure

Real Ghost Stories

My Dark Figure

 

My experience occurred last Sunday night. I was in my bed reading a book for school, when I heard a large thump outside my door. Fist I thought that it was my little brother playing a joke, so I opened my door. For no reason in particular, I looked at the mirror that was directly in front of me. Behind me was a large figure. I ran out of my room and into my kitchen. I hid behind the kitchen table.

First I thought that we were being robbed, so I ran upstairs to my parent's room. I woke them and told my step-dad to come down and have a look. He firstly went into our kitchen and took our large butcher knife. He then told me to get the phone and get ready to call 000. He walked into my room and later came out. He looked around the house- my brother, mum, and my next door neighbors helped. After not finding anything they went back to bed.

I tried to get back to sleep but the figure was standing in the corner of my room. It stepped forward and I screamed. My parents came running and searched the house again. But they didn't find anything. My mother called the police. They checked our house and couldn't find anything.

After about a week, I forgot about my experience and told myself that I must have imagined it. Then one night, I came home late from friend's party. I was sitting on my bed when I noticed that a large book slid forward about 20cm. I stood and pushed it back in place. But as soon as it was back in place, another book slide forward.

I sat back down. I glanced over at my wardrobe. It seemed to be breathing. I ran out of my room and into our dining room. I peered around the corner and saw the figure. It was slowly moving forward towards me. I then heard something whisper in my ear. "I know your there." I screamed and ran into the toilet. I locked the door and turned on the tap. I splashed water on my face trying to calm myself. I looked back up at the mirror and saw the figure standing over me.

I ran into my brother's room and climbed into bed with him. I fell asleep after about five hours watching the door, waiting for the figure to appear.

I am still troubled by the dark figure and many other occurrences including; things sliding forward, voices whispering in my ear, and staring in spots. I need help if you have answer please comment. I was really scared.

Other hauntings by Draco

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Draco, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

supremeobliterator2002 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-27)
I got your E Mail a couple of days ago. I sent you one but I am not sure it has gotten their.

I am here to talk to if you need help. But keep in mind time differences and work, I may e a day or so in getting back but I will get back to you.

I will also have my mother pray for you. I told her of my exoperiance once, no, twice and her prayers made it better.

Talk to me if you need a freind. I am an adult who can relate.
Draco (3 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-24)
I have started to play A LOT more often. I also wear a cross and keep a Bible and New Testement on my bedside table.
Unfortunatly, my experiences have left pysycological damage. I have a bad case of insomnia. If I do get to sleep on the rare occasion, I need to have all the lights on and be in another room. People look at me wierd when I always look over my shoulder.
I have started going to councilling, its not working yet, but I hope it will.

I'm seriously starting to run out of options. 😭

Thank you everyone who commented, you help is always need. ❤
zackboy105 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-26)
You Should Ask Your Mum or Dad How to find out about the History Of The house Look Up Online If you see him more keep a camera near by from now on and when it walks over to you take one be for it does it might be provoked so I'd run after Lol but My Top tips for you is to Look up the history Of The house any way how dark is it?.
henderson993 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
Greetings. I am sorry for your bad experience. My grandmother told me when I was young about a dark encounter who came behind her. She proclaimed "WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE LORD DO YOU WANT WITH ME? I DON'T KNOW YOU AND I DON'T WANT TO KNOW YOU! LEAVE ME ALONE! When I experience ghosts, I say something similar, and it works! Evil spirits fear God.
supremeobliterator2002 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-07)
First of all you should not kill yourself.

I have experianced a simular thing three times in my life. Once when I was young "I think about nine" in a dream, once in my late 20s, and once in my early 30s.

The one time as a kid it was a dream or nighmere of the devil. The two times as an adult I was going through either a lot of stress physically, and once both physically and emotionally.

Are you going through some trying times in your life? If so they may manifest this dark robed figure you are seeing. If you want, EMail me at SupremeObliterator2002 [at] yahoo.com. I can relate to what you are going through.
kiran5070 (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-20)
suicide suits when iam you. Still what's up. Share more posts with us.bye
My blessings,
Kiranchandra
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
It sounds like you've somehow attracted the attention of a shadowperson.:) This is nothing to be afraid of. It seems like this entity wants your attention for some reason or another. As long as you do your best to stand your ground and remember that most spirits were at one time human, and treat them as such (polite but firm) then you should be just fine.

Warmest blessings,

DA/Lynn
ToraOkami303 (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-19)
i have had a similar case... Only it happen only once and it whent away when it's walking towards me made me fall into a door knob... All I can tell you is laughing and calling it your brothers name seems to work... Oh and falling...:) cause I was laughing cause I thought it was my brother... Yeah he was in the kitchen on the other side of the house at the time...i'm still scared to death it's going to come back if I were you I'd sleep with my light on from now on (which I in fact do [though for the reason I think I demon is going to enter me...] I walk around my house only with lights on...) sorry I can't give backed up seriouse help...i'm new to the spirit world...
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-19)
If indeed this dark figure was an entity, it would be able to take your fear and use that as energy. Please try not to show the fear (I know, easier said than done) and tell it to leave in the name of the Lord. Take the power back!

God Bless!
WIckedWitch2000 (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-19)
The answer to this is, you can't run, you can't hide, you can't do anything. Unless you get a expert on ghosts - an ghost buster. Or in another name - Ghost Experts, they can track down ghosts in your house, try getting a ghost detective - or I do agree with BCEagles, that if you stare in a black spot that's not so black, and concentrate - your mind and imagination forms it into a figure, sometimes when I'm in bed and stare at a dark spot near my cupboard - it goes really dark and forms a kind of lady shape.

I will write a story of that soon - Bye for now, not forever.

WIckedWitch2000
(I hope that occured you to do something!)
😨 ❤ 😆
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-19)
Oh my, fear is an enemy to us, and the pride of the negative entity. You cannot run from it, cannot hide away. Please write me, and I will give you detailed information how to protect yourself. I have been dealing with these nasty type entities for a very long time (over forty years) I know what to do...Don't panic, don't let fear overwhelm your common sense. Do you have any family members you can talk to in the mean time?...It's important to have a support system in place. You will be ok... Just don't freak out!...Blessings, Ghostseer. You can write me at can.seeghosts [at] yahoo.com
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-18)
Oh wow I have same problem before in 1991 I was 18 that time some say I am image it my trailer is brand new and not know where it come from.
BCEagles25 (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-18)
And by the way, what is it saying? And if you stare at a dark spot long enough you will imagine it whether its actually there or not. Your mind will create a figure.
BCEagles25 (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-18)
When this happens, get outta the damn house. You can't run from it. Can you describe this shadow? (Height?)
jesusfreak777 (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-18)
hello friend this figure has not harmed you in any way right? Are you doing something that would draw a demon/spirit to you. I can give you some advice just because I have experienced even worse situations than yours. Not everyone can see ghost but the ghost/spirit/demons choose certain people to mess with. The reason why they choose them people is unknown. But my opinion it has to do sometimes with the lifestyle your living. Here is my advice and it is very simple. If you have not accepted Jesus as your lord and savior ask him into your life and you have to want it. Seek a priest pray every single night out loud before you go to bed and leave a bible open in your room. And if this keeps on happening please just write me and let me know and I have other advice I can give you. Let God bless you and I will keep you in my prayers
PerseusHADES (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-18)
Wow, the best thing is to probably move or call a ghost hunter or something... Or maybe even possibly try talking to the ghost... But then again, don't take my advice since I wouldn't know what to do.
VanLe (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-18)
Whoa scary! If I were you, I wouldn't have been able to put up with that, and would have tried to suicide.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: