You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Victorian House

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Victorian House

 

My parents, brother and I were looking to buy a house. My mum and dad looked at an old Victorian house and put an offer in for the house.

The following month we received a phone call and a letter saying "you've got the house you put an offer on a month ago". My parents, brother and I got a big shock. We all moved in about two month's later. The day we moved in we had not realised we had moved in with ghosts!

When I got into bed and as I was falling asleep, I heard a piano playing in the dining room. I thought to myself "we've never had a piano".

The following morning we received post. One of the packages was all about Victorian history and the history about our house. I got really scared and wanted to move out straight AWAY!

My mum told me that when she was walking up the stairs she felt a really cold draft but the unusual thing was none of the windows were open! My mum also saw a maid bringing down washing.

That night people came round to our house to investigate the ghost problem. They stayed all night in our house (they're brave). I was still scared in case ghosts came to curse me. In the morning the ghost hunters told my parents, my brother and me that there are spirits in our house.

The next night I went to my bedroom and said: I'm glad I have history living in my house!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hanzrokz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

princessamy (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
hey hannah! Its me amy. Your bff. I love your story! I've got a story called: Ghost please read it! 😁
See you at school!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
Thank you for sharing your story and welcome to YGS. I agree with others that we might need some more details here. It really does sound like a residual haunting rather than an intelligent one, in which case you definitely don't need to be scared. Also, how do you receive the history of your home? Did you send away for the information? Who sent it to you?

Blessings,
DA
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
Your house is great, the spirits are the 'second owners' of the house.

Victorian ghosts are much more friendlier, so there won't be trouble with them.
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-24)
This story is very interesting!
As Jackets said, it does sound residual.
Try to find out who lived in your house before you, names and everything.
Take care. ❤
ToraOkami303 (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-24)
hmmm...interesting...i don't want to sound rude but... You were afraid but at the end you said you were glad to have history living I your house? Can you explain please? It sounds odd to me... I mean don't get me wrong I believe you but lots of things don't add up...

~Tora~
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
"The following morning we received post. One of the packages was all about Victorian history and the history about our house"

What exactly was/is the history of the house? What was the time frame of all these occurences? (days, weeks, months?)

Did you contact the 'investgators' or did they contact you... If you contacted them did you get their contact information from the post that the 'history' of your house was in? If they contacted you, how long after recieveing the history of your house did they contact you?

Please if you can add any details it would be most apreciated. Please do not be offended, I know what my questions sound like, but I feel I have to ask them.

Respectfully,

Rook
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
Wow Very interest story and I don't know what I am going to do if I live in a house with a ghosts:) if nice then I don't mind.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
I read your story with great interest. You say your mum was walking up the stairs when she felt draft windows were open. Where are the stairs, which part of the house? Can you describe the maid.
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
That is really creepy.

Has anything else been happening latley?

If you ever have any questions, email me: spirithelper [at] hotmail.com

Stay Safe! ❤
Jackets (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
Sounds residual. Very interesting. Thank you for sharing and welcome to YGS.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: