You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Dreams And My Mother

Real Ghost Stories

Dreams And My Mother

 

I have had many experiences regarding my mother who passed away a little over 2 years ago, but recently there is some stuff that I just cannot figure out.

I have had a recurring dream where I have a pain in my left lower abdomen, and it feels as if it's full of energy and about to explode. It's a very strange feeling. The most recent of these dreams had my mother hugging me and saying "I'm sorry to give you this pain."

My father has had a number of health problems since the passing of my mother and the one that relates to this is how he has polyps in his intestines that give him pain after eating anything with seeds in his left lower abdomen.

Is my mother talking to my father through me? Why am I feeling the pain?

Last week my sister came home from work and found four small mirrors that have been hanging on her mantle broken. There were five total and only one is still hanging. She claims that there is no way they could have fallen off the mantle without knocking additional stuff off. My sister was given these mirrors as a gift from my mother.

Now my sister has had her share of problems. Over the past couple of months she has overcome them and is much happier than she used to be. Are the broken mirrors a good sign or a bad one?

Are the two stories related? I am usually good at figuring this stuff out, and I'm the only one in my family that seems to have direct contact with my mother since her passing, but I am getting no answers from this thus far.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, appalachian401, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-20)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I'm very sorry for your loss. I had some dreams about my mother too and they werent the pleasent ones. I wish I could help you but I don't know much about dreams. But I will do my best. I think your mother may be contacting you. In the first dream I think your mother is not just talking about your fathers help problems. I think what she tried to say is your father is in pain because he loved her very much and she feels that because she is gone your father is in pain. You should talkj with your father. Tell him about the dream. Tell him how mom loves him and how much she misses him. I'm sorry to hear about your loss and I know how it is to lose a loveing mother. Its a hardtime for all and I think at these times family should stick together. I think Your mom would feel much better about that. And I'm sure your dad would too. In the second dream I don't have a clue. I don't believe in superstitions (I suck in english) but if your sister is feeling better then that's a good sighn. I hope you all feel better even thoe sometimes itys not like that. But sticking together helps us all. Thats family. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
Your abdomen in a dream, refers to natural instincts and repressed emotions. It also refers to something in your real life that you "cannot stomach" or have difficulties accepting. You need to get it out of your system. On the medical side it may be strictly physiological and you may just be experiencing constipation or indigestion.

To see your mother in your dream, represents the nurturing aspect of your own character. Mothers offer shelter, comfort, life, guidance and protection. Some people may have problems freeing themselves from their mothers and are seeking their own individuality as well as development. To dream that you are having a conversation with your mother relates to a matter that has preoccupied your mind and you are not sure how to deal with it in your waking life. It indicates unresolved problems that still need to be worked out with your mother.

Mirrors are used to attract, move or change the flow of energy. The placement of a mirror is used as decoration or to attract energies to the home. I am wondering whether the mirrors falling and breaking realesed any negative energies that were attached to your sister. You do say she is happier now.

I hope this helps you a little.

Please keep us posted.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
Hello and thank you for sharing your experience. I am deeply sorry for your loss. I'm not sure if the dreams you've had are direct contact or if they were meant for someone else, but another thing that worries me about them--did your mother have any complications during birth with either you or your sister? Perhaps it could be a precursor to that? I'm not sure, and I really don't know what to make of the mirrors. It may have been her way of telling your sister to move on.

Blessings,
DA
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-24)
That is really interesting and the story has no explanation...

The mirrors also confused me.

Maybe your mother was mad at someone or something?

I am very sorry about your mothers loss, by the way. 😢

Has she done anything else latley?

Take care! ❤
ZaneBrain (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-24)
Interesting story. Maybe your mother wants your father to come up to her by giving him a sickness. 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: