You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Unknown Growl

Real Ghost Stories

The Unknown Growl

 

I have been trying to astral project and so far succeeded twice. But this time I was interrupted by some type of animals noise and it ruined my focus.

It was 2:30p.m just the Thursday before Christmas break I decided to try to project again. I lay down, focused my mind and cleared it only to hear the sounds of breathing in my head. Sometimes I also stare at a glowing object a lava lamp or something you stare at that keeps your minds attention. I use object sometimes to focus my mind and keep it awake so only my body falls asleep while I'm fully aware. It took about 20 minutes or so for my body to begin to tire, but I dozed off by mistake.

I woke up wanting to know the time, but I noticed I couldn't move my body or eyes but I was aware so I began to refocus on leaving my body. I thought I was just hearing things but I heard a voice of a man but it was faint. "Where will you be headed?". I was trying to block him out because the voices lose your focus. "I suggest not heading that way whatever you do". "Those areas full of things based off of fire." I was confused on what he meant by based of fire but I couldn't loose focus.

At this point of astral projections you will start to see different colors meaning your ready to project I was hearing voices another sign but the voice was getting louder. "I warned you so shouldn't go that way okay its not safe." okay I won't go that way if I fully make it out of my body okay? I replied in my mind. Saying this made the voice go away but now I'm hearing a new sound. The sound of growling, it's not an everyday dog growl it sounded incredibly big. On the back of my head I feel it breathing hard and it was really hot. It continues the growl until it sounded like it was right next to my ear, breathing in it. It starting to breath and growl louder and louder to a point I felt it behind me, I was sleeping to my right and I felt something behind me from my left, a heated feeling, it growled one more time but this time it was so loud it woke me and I was beginning to sweat from the extreme heat from the thing behind me. It was so cooled at first until the sounds got closer it got hotter. It was 3:30p.m when I was fully awake, and around 3:55 when I got out of the shower.

The sound was just loud enough to break my focus and woke me all the way up; I didn't get afraid I was interested on what made the sound. I keep wondering if ill find out what woke me up because I was curious of what it was. Something that big enough to grab my attention must want me for some reason. I also want to know what the man meant by "based of fire" he leaves me babbled on the place he spoke of. Maybe the thing that woke me up came from the place the voice spoke about

Other hauntings by Tre

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tre, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

xxBlinkfan182xx (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-19)
hey tre, I know that this post is next to ancient and your probably not even on this site anymore but I feel like I should try and let you know about this one. Its a demon of sorts. I was 13 when I had my first encounter with it. Your basic paralysis, overheated, soul being compressed feeling that comes with a demonic visit but the big difference being the growling. That growl was blood curdling. I'm 23 now and I've searched every religion for this dog demon. Unfortunately I haven't been able to pin it because every religion has one (Christians have lots) but if you don't know this part by now I'd figured that I'd give you a heads up. It can stay with you. It's like it gets your "scent" and it can follow you. Talk to a psychic and get them to look into it. I've read a lot on dormant demonic possession and this bastards a little bit trickier than most.
godsoldier89 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-06)
hey I had something similar but I have 4 dog's in my house one of them was barkin then I woke up but I was still in ma bed side ways and I couldn't get up it was if like one of my golden retriver was in my shoulders breathing heavy in my head! Then I close my eyes and thought of god and push my shoulder up hard and the feeling left with the weight! I think my dog scare the ghost or what eva was in my room away or it was probably cause I force my body to move and get the weight off me!.ps: my room is in basement and all my dog were in the fisrt floor and only 1 of the was barkin I recognise! It was my dog I herd it barkin in a bad way like if and extranger came home or another animal! I think it was soul going by and just took a stop to check me! Lol
hgiog (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-26)
I very much agree with krazywhiteboy. I have left my body as you have. I came to realize that it was a demon that enabled me to do it. When I tried to stop projecting and started praying, a spiritual battle for my soul broke out. A demon or demons started trying to pull me out. I resisited and managed to call on the name of Jesus for protection though I was asleep and couldn't wake up from the attack. I think the demon was trying to actually posses maybe even kill me at that point. Had I lost faith in Jesus I may have lost that battle. I don't know. By the way demon dogs are real, I have seen one as it tried to attack me. I have to laugh now for by then I was covered in the blood of the lamb and it couldn't do anything to harm me. The Lord just wanted to show me that it could do no harm to me. Any way it got pissed cause in the night while I slept holy spirit caused my hand to be placed on the wall to bless my house while I was sleeping, that was when the demon got mad. He just popped into my room, I could feel his presence coming before he showed up. It looked like the dog gargoyle on disenys gargoyles. Odd isn't it.
MaliceMeMax (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-26)
something like this happened to me too
I wasn't astral projecting I was just sleeping and I heard this loud, none dog, growling in my ear and I couldn't move and I got really hot just like you. I didn't hear anyone talking to me but after I fell asleep to loud growl cause it slowly started to comfort me weirdly. I woke up about an hour latter and had this urge to look out my window and I saw this thing like I though it was God but a real ugly God he was hideous and I screamed and fainted. I don't know if that helps or what but ever since then I've occasionally heard an evil growl in my ear whether I was awake or not.
Some people think that I have a spawn of Satan following me.
preacher1 (37 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
Don't know your religious stand point but I have read more than once that astral projection is not something to dabble with some say its against God and I'm sure I could find a bible quote if you want. But I also came across several stories (I can give you the books if you want) on how what people thought was astral projection but really wasn't, it was demonic forces at work giving them the images they wanted to see and the growl is enough to verify that for me. I have to say what you are doing is dangerous and I would stop immediately and turn to prayer. God Bless and good luck
Ghostjimmy (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-21)
I think he meant hell. Think of the "based in fire" place and the monster dog that could be a guardian or something 😨!I wouldn't suggest astral projecting again and you should have listened to this voice. It could be your conciousness or your Guardian Angel.I'm sure it wanted to rotect you!

Thanks,
Ghostjimmy
ico (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-16)
Tre

"Ico I'm pretty sure this isn't an everyday sleep paralysis. In most sleep paralysis I find it hard to think and to concentrate requires great effort."

Yeah but sleep paralysis can happen at different lengths. It can be stronger at some times more than others. You could have been more asleep during one experience than the other causing the waking dreams to be stronger.
Lisa_Raven22 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
Hi Tre, sounds frightening. Have you ever heard and felt sniffing while you were trying to astral project?
Lanoira_Iyo (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-19)
I think the man was probably your guardian. If you call on him maybe you could get him to answer. If he doesn't answer try going to where he told you not to. As long as you don't get kill it might be worth the information.
As, for the beast, I could ask around but I don't know what that would have been. Best to assume it's hostel. I suggest keeping a weapon close by your bed.
AddingAtrophy (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-11)
I agree with theghostseeker, it might have been a hell hound or black dog.
katie100 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-11)
Scary! I totally believe you but like ico said it could be sleep paralysis!
theghostseeker (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-11)
wheres the place everyone puts as made of fire and has the devil?
Ever heard of hounds of hell that ar so big they could eat you hole? Well forget that your dealing with something like a replica of a dog but it can change its size. I'm not kidding there are replica ghosts who can look like something but actually hide their true ugliness behind the sheet.
Or it could be sleep paralysis as ico said.

Ever heard of the phrase "there are things beyond us that we can't control or understand, but the human may be most evolved in this world; but we are being watched by greater things than can control us with a flick of their fingers. The humans life is coming to an end; their are beings that are trying to make us destroy ourselves but, there are things that can save us." you might have encountered 1 of the saviours whi is helping you but all you need to do is understand.
Osa (1 stories) (70 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-11)
Hi Tre, page 507, "Dweller on the Threshold"in the book Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce might help you. 😁
Stacers (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-10)
I have a theory for you: the man or who ever you heard in your head was a guide or guardian angel persay. They can however change form to accomadate the best way to protect and guide you. My guess is that the man or whoever was a late family member and was trying to protect you from a threat in the astrial plane. And since you, sorry to say, obviously weren't listening to him he possibly turned into a creature he thought you might find a bit frightening. To stop you from completing the astrial projection.
Nice story I enjoyed it.
Tre (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-10)
At some point my body will try to astral project on its own like some kind of instinct, I tried to this do this morning. I was really tired, but instead of falling alseep my body began to go into the stages of projecting, I heard a loud noise I can't explain the sound I heard.

Now I know one of the rules of projecting is to forget all earthly attachment including family. My older cousin stayed over and he was watching t.v on the top bunk, I was under my blanket attempting a projection on the bottom bunk. When I nearly succeeded I began to float out of my body I called for my cousin in my head since I was immobile, doing this I went back to my body to tell him rather then project.

My relatives don't believe me so I wanted to tell them to prove them wrong by telling him I'm going to project. But now I figured out calling his name stopped my projection. Connections to people such as family, friends, lovers are an earthly attachment, thus bringing me back.
charl2008 (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-10)
Hello all! First off: krazywhiteboy please use punctuations next time 😕.

I'm pretty sure that those voices were kind spirits, and they only wanted to warn you not to go to that specific plane because it's dangerous. As for the growl, I don't really know what that would mean, perhaps it was a warning as well, but manifesten in such a afshion that it would grab more of your attention. And always please remember that when trying out things that are beyond ourselves, it is best to contact our guardian beings first for protection - you never would know what might happen.

God Bless 😉
krazywhiteboy (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-10)
ok ok I read your story your layin their you can't move you hear a guy start talkin to you askin "Where will you be headed?"then you feel something breathin on you and its very hot well I can tell you what it was being your tryin to leave your body its was the devil comin for you and he was askin where well you bein headin maybe he was goin to take you somewhere that you really don't want to go I don't know that's my thought
Nine (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-09)
The feeling of the breath and something behind you accompanied with the growling is almost exactly as my son explained an incident he had that scared him so bad he refuses to enter the second story of our home. He was fully awake at the time though. My daughter and I have also experienced the growling as well. But we had it as we entered our home and thought the neighbors dog got in (but it had not) I explained it in my "House Journal" I posted on here.
Tre (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-09)
Hekas I think you are right it was probably hot because maybe I was being placed in some fiery zone in the astral plane and the growl what some sort of spirit that dwelled there and maybe it was just passing by me or noticed I was there. I noticed a lot of times even if I don't project I would feel cold or had a breezy feeling. Since I hate the heat because it makes me hot and uncomfortable it might have cancelled my projection.

Dreamergal72 I noticed being feeling heavy and unable to move means I am one step closer to a successful projection. The growl being a warning, maybe your right sometimes if you go into the astral you may appear there in a unsafe area and full of danger and the growl was a sign to keep away. The voice said not to go there and feeling hot meant I was going close to where he warned me not to go. I believe you were right Dreamgeral72 the voice must have sent something to warn me and the growl must have been it.

Ico I'm pretty sure this isn't an everyday sleep paralysis. In most sleep paralysis I find it hard to think and to concentrate requires great effort. But when I'm attempting to project I am fully aware on what's going on while others say something like I saw you asleep at the time. I was only under sleep paralysis once and after this I started experiencing astral projection, but the first time I was being forced by some shadowy figure I saw reaching for me on my walls shadow. After this event I started seeing spirits, astral projecting, and other things more vivid like in my younger years.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-08)
Could have been sleep paralysis. Also sounds to me like you may have reached a deep meditative state to prepare for your out of body experience and you may have had a vivid day dream. I use to try astral projection but never had the discipline it requires. Some have it happened during times of stress and some people have it happen for no reason at all other than they were very relaxed. Deep meditative states can also produce very weird sights and sounds. Guess as you progress with this discipline you will get to know the difference. Knowledge is power so learn all you can about obe's as to be able to control your experience instead of it controlling you. I don't know much about elementals so I will refraim from comment. All I know is they are not of human origin and fall into the imps, fairies and troll categories. Good luck. Keep us informed.
Hekas (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-08)
Tre, let me offer this in response to your question regarding the warning about fire. Astral projection is accomplished by many folks through various techniques. Using symbol imagery or things such as candles, incense, crystals, pictures, and even lava lamps, is one such method. The symbol (or symbolic item) you use to achieve a full projection will often leave you in the astral plane near elemental kingdoms akin to the symbols that you used. A lava lamp may very likely take you to a realm in or near fire elementals on the astral plane. Most good books around the subject will at least make mention of astral plane "geography" and outcomes of various techniques of projection. It is usually not a problem to change your location with a thought once you are fully projected, but it might give you a shock to end up somewhere you didn't quite expect...hence, perhaps, the warning.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-08)
Feeling like your body is heavy to get up and move around I understand that and the growl sound like a warning.
ico (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-08)
I'm not saying I don't believe you but that could have just been sleep paralysis because my cousin was having similiar experiences, waking up to not being able to move and experiencing strange occurances, and went to the doctor who diagnosed it as sleep paralysis. But you never really know.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: