You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Soul Detachment And The Distorted Yell

Real Ghost Stories

Soul Detachment And The Distorted Yell

 

I heard of ghosts, spirits, and other paranormal activities before. I even went through hauntings as well in my life, nothing was like this. I was at home on a Sunday afternoon about 2:30 pm. I was in my house because I decided to take a short rest. I slept for two and half-hours making it five o'clock.

When my eyes opened I couldn't move, I thought this was an every once in a while thing because this usually happens seeing black anomalies in my room. I noticed I was lying flat on my bed faced up, and I could hear my TV, but the sounds started to fade. It sounded like I was moving farther from it. On the left side of my room, where the TV is, started to darken into a black void as I heard a faint voice of a child telling me to stop moving. I couldn't speak so I struggled to get up, it felt like I was detaching my soul from my body while still lying down somehow.

I had an ominous feeling as if I were being watched as I got up, or the feeling of my own soul being pulled out of my immobile body, yet I was getting up at the same time. The boy's voice got louder as he told me not to move as if he alerted danger. I still tried to get up, but then I heard a distorted voice yelling freeze at me. It was almost like something was roaring that word angrily at me for not listening to the child earlier, or as if I was being arrested. Then I was forcefully shoved back inside my body. I had sore feelings in my chest which is where I was placed back in my body; afterwards, I could move and ran into my living room where my parents were at.

I never spoken of this to anyone until now because I always think it might happen again; on the other hand, I still wonder what might have happened if I had came out of my body.

Other hauntings by Tre

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tre, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

finder (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
Hate to break it to you, but that was most definitely nothing more than simple sleep paralysis as a few others have said. That is not to say that the paranormal does not exist because I believe it does. Nor is it to say that nothing paranormal has ever happened to you. I can understand why you might think this is paranormal, but if you simply look up sleep paralysis you will see that your experience is no different than those of others who have had sleep paralysis.
My own boyfriend just had a similar experience a few days ago. He woke up and he heard a little girl gigging. He tried to cover his ears but he couldn't move his arms, He tried to get up, but it was impossible. Then it wasn't just the giggling. He saw shadows and there was suddenly a whole chorus of children giggling loudly and the sound moved from inside his head to outside his body. Then suddenly it stopped and he could move. Creepy, but not a ghost.
Perhaps this was a partial OBE. It's possible that the sleep paralysis caused you to begin to astral project, but the voices and presences and the not being able to move were likely just the sleep paralysis.
illusionation (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-12)
WOW I love how people make these things out to be SO much more than they really are. Look up sleep paralysis. Thats exactly what you had. While it IS scary, its NOT paranormal. I have had it happen a couple times. You can hear things that arent really there, SEE things that arent really there, and feel like there is someone/something in the room that means you harm. Its all just a trick of your mind. You brain woke up before your body did. Thats all it is. Nothing more. I promise.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
Tre,

There was a post made about OBE here on YGS, here is the link.

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=4546

From what that person described, it sounded to me as if they were "helped" out of their body by a spirit. I posted a long post there that I don't want to repeat here, if you want to check out that story and read the posts, I am curious if any of the symptoms of what that person had happen to them happened to you as well.

I don't think you can be FORCED out of your body by a spirit out of the blue, but I do think you can be HELPED out of your body if the conditions are right.

Hope you are getting the answers you were looking for.

Hoochler
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
Tre--Such a short and visceral story. You say you've experienced hauntings before; have they given you any insights into this scary experience? Is there no one you can talk with about it in person? If it was the beginning of an OOB (Out of Body) experience, I think you did the right thing in insisting on being in control. The other important element is to keep control of your spirit. IF you want to allow more, make sure you are always in touch with your calm center, to return to it at any moment of panic that someone else is trying to take control. Good luck, God bless, and thank you for being brave enough to share with us.
Tre (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
I have an obe often lately, and I don't think its natural though. I feel I can manually do it. Not knowing how to though.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
Hi and thank you fro sharring this story with us. I believe that there is a deical explanation fro this. Its something like sleep paralysis but it isn't that. However I'm not so sure this is what you wnet throu. I think its called an out of body experience. I realy don't know much about it but I'm sure its scary and I wouldn't want to go through that. Thanks again for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-05)
Well, my thoughts on this phenomenon is that something odd happened to you, but I am not so sure it was an out of body experience. Nothing can yank our souls-in or out of our bodies. Am not sure how it works with all this talk about obe, but I know we are protected from this happening. Otherwise, we would be walking around with demons, etc harboring our bodies hostage. Just chalk it up to a really strange experience, and since it hasn't happened since, I would put it away in your memory book. Doesn't sound like anything to be feared...Blessings, Ghostseer
Tre (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-04)
It is true but its not like I astral project automatically I feel that Ill leave my body on my own will not against my will but on my own will. I just don't know how to return.

When I have funny feelings before I sit in a position or rest I wake up look around for a minute feel a funny feeling in my chest and then I'm out of my body. So I really don't know if I can do it off will but when I think hardly about leaving my body Ill actually leave.

Where I went was sort of empty like I was in my room and at home but you hear nothing.

I live by a train and main streets where is noise all day but there's no sound not even a wind blow and before I can get up and check this place out which is a number of times something stopped me, first it was anomaly in the black cloak and the child the 2nd time.

Deep down I feel that I always have this urge to leave so I think my soul wants the same. So whatever is happening to me I think it is to help me. Ill try to speak with them as you said maybe they will give me some hints on why I can't go beyond a certain point of astral space or why do I keep trying to leave my body.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-04)
Tre,

So the child's voice came from somewhere OTHER than the black entity that made it's presence known to you?

It is an encouraging sign that you were not made to feel afraid, but that is not an assurance of good intentions. Try talking to the dark entity next time you see it. If you can not talk out loud, think your questions to it as "loudly" in your mind as you can. Ask it what it's name is, ask it what it wants, things like that. If you hear the child's voice again, try to communicate with it the same way.

You should try to open a dialouge with whatever is causing this if you want to get to the bottom of what is happening.

Don't worry so much about leaving your body, astral projection is not you dying. Like what was said by Annio11, if it's not your time your soul will not permanently leave your body (although we are able to leave our bodies temporarily with the right preperation).
Annio11 (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-04)
I also recently had some experiences where I saw a black figure and also heard a voice. I think you might have had an out of body experience. Your physical body may have still been in bed, but perhaps your soul moved out of it. Trust me, if it is not your time to go, usually there is something that will not let you escape your body. Black figures are not always bad and might be trying to protect you, as scary as they might seem.
Tre (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
I really didn't feel anything no emotions. I felt departed and lost the childs voice sounded like it was warning me of great danger because after that yell I went back in my body. The child sounded like he wanted me to stay still until he got help. Because if he wanted me they wouldn't have put me back into my body. Me and my cousin saw a black anomaly run forward and back in my room at night. The worst was when I was sort of chained down. You know how somethings are invisible but as it moves you see a blur? I saw that in chains around my arms and legs. Then I saw a dark figure in a black cloak with its hood down protecting its face. It didn't harm me or feel harmful but it but I felt chilly and it was hard to focus. It looked like it wanted me to do something by restricting my body and thoughts and waiting, then before my brother opened the door and walked in and it faded away. I can't explain it but I do see things and hear voices speaking to me in a weird languages which is out of the ordinary. I found this website maybe able to give me answers or even help me to why I'm the only one in my family going through this. I thank you guys for all the advice you are giving me, and I will keep it in mind so if it happens again I might know alittle more on what's going on.
kjh159 (6 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
I've also had an experience where I felt as if I were leaving my body. But I felt like it was being forced...

Weird feeling.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
I agree with Tonith, it sounds like you had an O.B.E.

Some spirits have the ability to induce an O.B.E. In someone, those black anomalies were most likely somehow responsible for your experience. How long have you been being visited by these black anomalies and have they ever tried to communicate with you before?

If they were trying to induce an O.B.E. On you, the warnings might have been that your physical movement might disrupt their projection induction efforts, which is what sounds like what eventually happened. I would want to ask these things what they want from you and why they want you astral.

Depending on the intentions of the black anomalies once you are astral, this could be a great gift or a problem.

Was there a pervasive feeling projected onto you during this experience? Did you get the feeling that an emotion (terror, love, calm, what have you) was being radiated by the anomalies? Did they want you calm or afraid, that could give a big clue as to their overall intentions.

If you want to know more about inducing and controlling Astral Projection, I found this free online book a great read.

Http://www.hermetics.org/pdf/Robert_Peterson_-_Out_of_Body_Experiences.pdf
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
I think you did come out of your body. It's called an out of body experience. Some may say it's more a sleep paralysis symptom coupled with a waking dream. I would tend to think you did leave your body but I have no explanation for the warnings. You ended up in the astral world for a few moments and maybe someone was warning you about drifting too far away from your body. They say that can't happen because of a silver cord that apparently can go great distances without breaking. The only time it's said to break is when someone's body dies. Most people who can astrally project don't do it naturally. They work at being able to do it. It's like a learned discipline. Others seem to have it thrusted upon them and are terrified. I will admit it would be unnerving if you didn't know what was happening to you. This may be a once in a lifetime deal. If it isn't then I guess you will learn how to adjust to it without fear and maybe open yourself up to a whole new adventure. Guess it all depends how you view the situation.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: