You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Spirit's Way Of Saying Farewell?

Real Ghost Stories

A Spirit's Way Of Saying Farewell?

 

Mommy Olga, a co-worker (who also happens to be a friend of mine) passed away on January 6, 2009 due to an immunity disorder called Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) which led to a cardiac arrest. She has been battling this ailment for years. I searched the Internet and I found a journal that she made about her condition.

My former colleagues scheduled to visit her wake after their shift. I took an emergency leave so I could also come with them.

I was in my condo room preparing the things I needed when I heard a tick-tocking sound. I tried searching for any watch or alarm clock left by my roommate. The sound moved from one side of the room to the other and sometimes the sound became louder as I left a specific corner. I searched for a couple of minutes and I found nothing so I finally ignored it and got prepared for the visit. The sound vanished when I returned to my room after I took a bath.

I asked my former colleagues if Mommy Olga wore a watch and they said she often did. I am unsure if that was her way of telling me that 'her time has come' or if that was just the sound of a bird chirping outside of my room's window.

Nate and Janice (my former colleagues) said they still smell the fragrance of Mommy Olga's perfume. Their thought of actually 'smelling' it might be psychological - I can't tell.

Chipper (their supervisor) said she had missed calls that registered Mommy Olga's cellphone number on the night she passed away. Chipper then sent a text message asking "what's up?" but she never got a reply. She spoke with Mommy Olga's brother and she found out that no one from their family called her during that time.

Anna (a new addition to their team) said that she received a re-sent text message coming from Mommy Olga that's about their plans of going abroad. She received it a day after Mommy Olga died.

Those sent chills to everyone but I was a bit skeptical because they lacked proof. Cellphones today are meant to record every text message sent and received; and track missed calls. They never showed us proof from their cellphones about those 'encounters'.

Before we left the funeral house, we decided to say 'goodbye' one last time to Mommy Olga. While we were standing beside her coffin, the lights surrounding that area flickered a couple of times. It was eerie, but I decided to ignore it and thought that maybe someone just tripped over the power chord or something.

So there. I am not sure if those instances had something to do with a ghost's presence of if these events were merely coincidence.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lunarpanda, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
I think there's something else to this story. You have to figure out what it is. Maybe this person was lost, but a way to go to heaven. I believe once you did you go to heaven or hell, but occasionally a spirit could choose not too. So, my question is do you still feel her present? If you do, then she's still there lingering on Earth.
lunarpanda (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
thank you for the comments. I still occasionally hear the tick-tocking sound on my room but it's okay. I hope she does move on. 😁
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
Thank you for sharing your story, and I'm sorry to hear about this person whom you seemed to hold very dear. I think she did, in her own ways, say goodbye to everyone. Hopefully she has found the Light and her soul has moved on now.

Blessings,
DA
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
lunarpanda
Thanks for sharing. I found it interesting and believe that this "mommy Olga" was saying goodbye to you all

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: