You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Nephew's Farewell

Real Ghost Stories

Nephew's Farewell

 

I and my brother were the youngest in our clan. My cousins are much older than us so usually we hang out with their children; our nephews and nieces. In our clan, I have 2 close nephews who share the same age bracket. We were always close but as time flies we began to drift apart and proceed with our education. We were in the same city yet we don't hang out as much as we were younger.

It was way back 2018, I was a 3rd year college student at a university. I was attending my last period but before it started my mom called and told me the horrible news. One of my close nephews died due to suicide. He was depressed because of his hardships living with his pregnant girlfriend that time and basically he had to quit school just to earn money for them. His last straw was when his girlfriend left him. My mom told me he hung himself using a belt tied to a bed leg. He really was decided to end his life since the height between the leg of the bed and the floor is not that high. He basically has to kneel in order to kill himself. He was brought to a hospital but was too late.

The scary part happened during his wake. I was not present that time since I can't afford to take an absent with my major subjects but my mom and other family members that were there told the details of what happened on that faithful day. It started of as normal day for them, they greeted and mingled with visitors who came to pay their respect to my dead nephew.

There was a woman, my family and relatives really didn't knew her. She basically stood watching the coffin and cried. She was approached by one of my cousins. She told my cousin in our Bisaya dialect "siya man jud to oh" (it was him). She then told us her story that while she was really not affiliated with any of us, she knew my nephew because she met him 2 days ago. They were all shocked since it was already the 4th day of wake. That means if she really met my nephew it was after he died. She told us that she can see spirits and while that was true it was a huge burden for her since spirits that knew she has the ability to see the dead pestered her for last wishes and request. She was approached my by nephew who also was in denial at first that he's dead. He pestered the woman since he discovered she was the only one who can see him.

He even guided that woman to his grandfather's house where the wake was held.

My nephew instructed her 3 things the first one was to ask for forgiveness from his mother (my cousin) on his behalf. The second one was too ask forgiveness of his younger brother and the last one was to hug his mother in his behalf. His mother really felt his hug one last time while hugging the woman. She then said that my nephew said he was sad but not sorry for what he did. After that the woman stayed for a while then left but before she left they heard her utter the words "Oh mana ko'g tupad saimo hangyo ha. Ayaw na ko disturoboha." (I already did what you requested. Please don't disturb me anymore.)

That was the only creepy incident that happen during his wake. My aunt and uncle still have creepy experiences in that house. Even my nephew's child who is now almost 4 years old cannot stay long in that house because she can see ghosts of an old woman and a boy. We bet she was referring to her great-grandmother and his father (my nephew).

-The end-

Other hauntings by ZSneider

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ZSneider, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ZSneider (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-08-20)
Raijine, we never saw that woman again. I think she was assigned to a new place. She was staying there because of work.
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-08-18)
Hi ZSneider

I can imagine how hard it must be to lose a loved one especially in that way, have you'll ever seen that lady again after the wake?
blosomes (10 stories) (62 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-08-16)
RCRuskin
Wow! Interesting 😳
I kind of like it because different culture have different customs, many are very beautiful in my opinion.
Like in this story, the ceremony itself really can give time to the dead ones to communicate with the living ones...

Thank you!

Ryujin
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-08-16)
ZSneider, how comforting, and frightful, this is. To have this gifted woman come to the wake and present these words on behalf of your nephew meant a lot to your family, I'm sure. And then her last words before she left seem to tell me she isn't happy with this gift she has. Helping out the living is often more than enough of a burden.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2022-08-16)
Ryujin, funerary customs, and the length of time for mourning and so on, varies greatly in various cultures and traditions. I recently read about some apparently very ancient funerary customs, circa 20, 000 years ago. The deceased would be buried in the foundation of a hut used by this hunter/gatherer tribe. After a few years, they would exhume the body and decorate the skull, after removing it from the rest of the skeleton, and place it in a position of honor with other ancestors.

My personal favorite funerary custom is The Last Kiss in Orthodox Christian funerals. As the choir sings hymns about death, the attendees of the funeral walk by the deceased. They may kiss the coffin/casket symbolically kissing goodbye, "shake hands", or whatever gesture. It really gives closure, being able to say good-bye.
blosomes (10 stories) (62 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-08-15)
ZSneider
Thanks for the quick reply!
Oh I see, so it is like a ceremony held during a funeral?
Yes, in some culture funerals can last like for days.

People in Rome ages ago used to believe that a spirit will take at list 9 days to travel to the world where their ancestors are, they will need to held a proper funeral in order to guide the spirits (Or let the spirits know that they don't belong to this world no more) I know, its not the same but you know what I mean, right?
ZSneider (2 stories) (2 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-08-15)
Thanks. "Wake" is like a vigil or a watch being held after a person just died. It is like a norm here in PH, whenever a person died they usually will held a wake for that person which lasts from several days to a week before burial.
blosomes (10 stories) (62 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-08-15)
ZSneider
Welcome and interesting story!
Does "wake" mean necromancy? Or is it just sighting of a person's spirit? Or should I say an appearance of the person's spirit?

Well in my opinion, it is not scary at all but rather heart warming. Which in here it is considered "good story" since its real. So far that I read stories here rarely will there be a "realistic" scary one, most "real ones" seemed to be very heart warming. Just my opinion.

Spirits of our family do exist in my belief though I did not experience any yet. But I did have some experience having my grandmother sending me messages through a shaman or a dream. 😉

I don't feel scary at all since the spirits were once a human being like we are. Try to be more open hearted, you might be able to receive more messages from the past. ❤

Ryujin

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: