You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Demon Said My Name And Made Me Sick

Real Ghost Stories

A Demon Said My Name And Made Me Sick

 

In 2012, my girlfriend of 2 years broke up with me and I was at the lowest point in my life, mentally. I believe this is the reason for what I went through...

One night I was lying in bed about to go to sleep when I felt something playing with my hair. I knew it was paranormal but it didn't bother me for some reason. It kept happening and then my bed started shaking, not violently, only just enough for me to know it was definitely shaking. I started to get creeped out so I turned the light on and scrolled through Facebook for a bit until I felt exhausted enough to sleep.

I turned the light off and just as I crawled back into bed I heard the scariest voice say my name in the corner of my room. I was paralysed with fear for a couple of seconds but ended up jumping up and turning the light on. I decided to sleep in the lounge room for a couple of nights because I was too scared to sleep in my room.

After a couple of nights sleeping in the lounge room I came down with a terrible sickness and decided to go back into my room. I had told my sister about my experience and for some weird reason my exact words to her were "I am so sick I don't even care if Lucifer himself is in my room". I think about it now and wonder why I would say something like that?

Could this have been a demon feeding off of my depression? Nothing else like this happened after I got over my sickness.

A lot of other things have happened before and after this experience but this is just one that I cannot explain. I work in a funeral home now where lots of strange things happen and I can't wait to share my experiences.

This still makes me wonder why it happened. Can anyone tell me?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Alisha94, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Thelambinator86 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-26)
Well when we are weak like depression or doing drugs etc. We are an easy target for Satan and demons to prey on. One of my friends had an experience with a Demon when she was addicted to drugs. She's sober now. I now have depression and anxiety and sadness and anger because of bad spirits in my apt. The feed off of anything negative.
Alisha94 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-07)
Lady-glow: I didn't get checked, the sickness could've been a coincidence but I do believe that night had something to do with it.
I had a feeling that it was my great grandmother who was touching my hair and shaking the bed to let me know she was there, I often feel her presence when I'm going through a tough time.

Always-wondering: thank you for the validation. Now that I work in a funeral home I am well aware of a few prayers that I have remembered just in case.

Ashar123: I was not working in a funeral home at the time but I think I would've been a lot less frightened at the time if I did.

Thank you all for the warm welcome and can't wait to share my other experiences 😊
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-05)
Welcome to YGS Alisha94

You told you work in a funeral home, maybe the happening has any connection with that place. Do share your other experiences here.

Thanks for sharing!
😊
Always-Wondering (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-04)
Hi Alisha,

Your experience reminds me of what happens when people are stuck in form of spiritual war fare. It can happen when we are in a depressed state. Something similar happened to me when I was younger. I felt like there was a presence in my room sometimes. One time I heard whispering. Another time I felt like there was pressure on my chest, like something was trying to get control of me. It was creepy. But I managed to see it for what it was and got it to stop.

I think an evil spirit was messing with you. In my case, praying helped and the harassment ended.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-03)
Welcome to YGS.

It is possible that some negative entity was trying to take advantage of your state of mind, although the fact that you didn't feel like being in danger makes me wonder if there were two entities by your side; one positive and comforting, almost maternal, trying to protect you of a negative one (not necessarily a demon).

Did you have any medical problem/s before? Did you have a medical check up to ensure that your illness wasn't caused by a natural reason (infection, chemical/hormonal unbalance, etc)?
Did you experience anything else during the time you were sick?

I'm looking forward to read more of your experiences.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: