You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Was It A Warning Or A Sign

Real Ghost Stories

Was It A Warning Or A Sign

 

For a while now I have been taking an online course for automatic writing which is pretty interesting. I have a candle plate in my room that holds pebbles and 3 candles. The plate sits behind my desk chair on the filing cabinet. For the longest time when I first started the class for automatic writting, out of the blue the pebbles on the plate would click. Next to the candle plate I had a little glass jar with pebbles in it also which I burn incenses in. When I first noticed the clicking I didn't think anything of it. Then the clicking got louder, like someone wanted me to know they were there. I thought maybe it was the pebbles in the glass jar settling, so I kind of shook them down and put the glass jar in another room. There was nothing for a couple of days.

Then the clicking started again. It was coming from the pebbles on the candle plate. I am not the only one who has heard this. My 14 year old daughter has heard it to the point it is annoying. My mother has also heard it. When I first decided to study the automatic writting I joked to my mother that I was going to study the automatic writing and call my great grandmother nanny who passed away back in 2001.

When it came time to start the practice for the automatic writing class and try to contact someone, the clicking on the candle plate had stopped. I have heard it once in about a month and it was just for a few minutes. During my practice for automatic writing, which was a 14 day practice, I got nothing. No contact with anyone. Nothing at all on my paper. (I do sage my area, light protection candles, and place out blood stones before I ever attempt to do any contact. Just an FYI)

Now yesterday I had laid down to take a nap. I had been asleep for about an hour when my phone rang. When I got up my bed was shaking. It was like a vibration. I kept looking to see if the cat was on the end of the bed scratching or moving around. I have experienced the bed shaking before but not in the 8 years I have lived in this house. The bed never did stop shaking. I got out of bed, answered my phone, stepped into the restroom and came back and sat in my desk chair, which was also shaking just like the bed. Nothing else around me was moving. Just the shaking of the bed and the chair. Now I thought this was really weird since I have only experienced the bed shaking, never a chair or anything else. After a while it stopped.

An hour and a half later there was a 4.5 earth quake in Hawthorne, CA which is maybe 100 miles away from me. But this did not happen during the time my bed and chair was shaking. This was an hour and a half later. We never felt it. They say it was an after shock to the earth quake they had the night before.

Now my question is, could the shaking be a warning that the earth quake was coming, or that a bigger one is coming? Could the clicking of my pebbles on the candle plate be a sign that someone is here that does want to communicate with me through my automatic writing? I have my own opinion on this but I would like to hear yours and your feed back. Thank you for reading my story.

Other hauntings by lostangel6959

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lostangel6959, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miss_laura (9 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-24)
what I don't get is if it was just caused ue to the earthquakes why was only the bed and chair shaking? Shouldnt everything shake. Maybe it was a sign.
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-24)
interesting, but I have to honestly say that it wasn't that exciting, the story, well the beginning seems just to be about your writing skills. I am happy for you, but could you please make it a little more interesting? Thanks.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-24)
It may have been some sort of warning, but I have to agree with Jennifer40 and say it was probably something due to the earthquake that happened later. I do know that here in Sarajevo (Bosnia) there were tremors and shaking then a few days later a big earthquake hit Italy. Perhaps this happened to you.
TheLightBeforeDawn (5 stories) (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-21)
I'm sorry. I know I sound like a newby but I have to ask. What is automatic writing? Is it like communicating to spirits through writing?

Sorry for the silly question, just curious.
Joie (1 stories) (39 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-21)
I have to agree with Jennifer. I was thinking the same thing. Possibly you were feeling a build up effect or an aftershock or even a bit of the vibrations that traveled over miles. I don't know much about earthquakes as I live in Michigan, but just a theory.

I think automatic writing is facinating as well, but I think you have a much better chance of it working if you meditate and open your mind if you are not normally sensitive to the paranormal.
Good luck and keep us posted!
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-21)
Hi Lostangel,
I don't really know much about automatic writing so I can't really comment on that. It sounds like the vibration could have been attributed to the nearby earthquake. I used to live in Long Beach, CA and once woke up to my bed shaking. There had been an earthquake in Mexico in the middle of the night and I was able to feel it a couple hundred miles away.

Automatic writing sounds fascinating. I hope if you have any experiences with it that you'll post it here. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Jennifer ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: