You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Seeing My Momo

Real Ghost Stories

Seeing My Momo

 

Hey... Well I haven't written anything in a long time. So I have lots more to share. The last story I submitted was about my brother "Halen" seeing my Momo, who has passed away. And now that my little brother "Locke" is 1, he cooperates better and listens, but if your trying to talk with him, or play with him, all of a sudden he'll look in a corner, or at the door, and even out the big picture windows we have to see out on my dad's back porch.

Now, my dad and my step mother all think he see's my momo, as I do. The other day I was sitting on the rocking chair with him, just you know, playing patty cake and singing too him, stuff like that. We were playing good for about 15 minutes, by this point I was getting him to say words, like "Momma, Dada, Sissy, and the names of all his brothers and sisters." Then I said "Locke, can you say Papa?" I asked him this because this is what all my siblings from my dad's second marriage call my step mothers father. And as I said that, he looked at the door behind me, and he just stared. I tried getting his attention, but he acted like he couldn't hear me or something, because whoever, or whatever it was that had his attention, they had it good. So I stopped talking, and I just observed him, the things he did surprised me.

He kept smiling and pointing at the door, he would look at me, than the door, and he'd smile. Now, with him only being almost 5 months old when my Momo passed away, he never knew him at all. But my momo LOVED him, and he had a unique way of saying his name too. So, getting back to the story, I finally asked him "Locke, who do you see baby?" but nothing, than I said "Locke, can you say, Momo?" He than looked at me as if he knew who I was talking about, and than he said it. He said "Momo". He pointed to the door, and he started waving, and he was saying "Bye, Bye!" My baby brother always says goodbye to whoever comes over to visit, and than leaves. So, I was happy, because this experience just happened to happen to me, the day before my Momo's one year anniversary.

Now, the day of my momo's one year, my brother wasn't feeling good, he was teething, so it was hurting him bad that day. My step mother is pregnant again, so I help out a lot with Locke, and I put him down for a nap that afternoon. I walked into my dad's room, where my dad and step mom where sitting, and I started to tell them about what happened the day before, we then started talking about us believing that he does come to visit, and he does watch over us. I then picked my camera up off the dresser and I took a picture of my Dad and step mom. When I went back to look at the picture, there was, to my surprise, an orb right in between my Dad and his wife. But since this has never happened to me before, I shrugged it off, thinking it was a reflection off of my step mom's earring. Than my step mom asked to see the picture, so I said sure and I showed her, and she said "Oh my god, there's an orb in between me and your dad!" And I said "Uhh, I don't think it's an orb, I think it's the reflection off your earring." And she said "No wait, this is definitely an orb, if it was a reflection, it would look like a flash." That's when I was like "Omg, I think momo was here!" So we ran to dad and showed him, and he too believed it.

My other brother Halen stills sees him, and he speaks a lot clearer now, so we'll catch him now and then actually having conversations with someone. I have a lot more to write, but only a little bit of space left to do it. I will write some more another time. I am however very comforted by the fact that my Momo may be the one visiting us, and talking to my brothers.

I hope you liked this story, like I said I have more, but I'll save them for another day. Till, then I'll just be observing my brothers and hopefully, maybe, I'll see him too!

Other hauntings by tobgirl22

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tobgirl22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-30)
My son is a Locke, he once cried a lot when he was a little baby and then the next minute he was laughing into the corner of the lounge chair on his fathers birthday, once he said I love you to nothing as he hugged thin air, he used to cry in his sleep talking to someone saying leave me alone. When I was pregnant with Locke and knew he was a boy I played the ouijia board, I contacted a Seth and I had a bad dream about me being pregnant with Locke being chased by a red headed man. Then th elight fixture in the hallway was hanging from the wall light bulb smashed in a trail from the hallway to my bed! My daughter Lilike in my bed slept through it all but it woke me up in an instant. My childrens father was away on night shift.
tobgirl22 (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-17)
Wow, I definitely cannot type tonight. Momo is the Mailseet way of saying Grandfather. Sorry about that one too!
tobgirl22 (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-17)
Momo is the Maliseet way of saying Momo. And sorry I just realize I'm calling THIS momo, just momo. I should be calling him Petwi Momo (you pronounce the P as a B), which means Great-Grandfather. I'm first Nations Maliseet Native. I explained it in my last story, sorry, I should have said it in this one too. Thanks for asking so I could clear it up=)
JessicaWishon1989 (6 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-17)
wait a minute... Let me get this straight! Hmmm... Who is momo? And why do you call this person MOMO?
Perd (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
Excellent suggestion Torres!...Keep a digital recorder around, next time your brother is caught up with something, just ask a couple of questions and see what you find.

Even if nothing turns up, always remain happy and comforted by your experiences. Wether they are here in body or not they are always with you, watching and helping guide you throughout your life and troubles. Remember to talk to them, they will listen!
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
Very nice that you keep "in touch" with him, thanks for sharing and all the best, 😁
nickielouise123 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
This is sweet:O) I love reading about heartwarming ghost stories...
Keep us updated!
Peace ❤
TORRES9LFC (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
Hey Tobgirl, nice heartwarming story. Can you maybe try to make a voice recording or take pics or a video the next time your brother does that again (watching) and see if you catch another orb or evp. Can't wait to hear your other stories...
God bless you and your family.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: